Dallas Mavericks Thread

juck

Reaction score
Who cares, its a complete rebuild. Cubes has more money than anyone. We shall return strong. We just won a ring in 2011. I'm cool.:D

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4987962 said:
Who cares, its a complete rebuild. Cubes has more money than anyone. We shall return strong. We just won a ring in 2011. I'm cool.:D

Actually the mavs are stuck in cuban's worst nightmare, mediocrity. You can't rebuild without sucking really bad and getting good picks for a few years in a row. And money doesn't mean anything in the long run, ask the Knicks, and they are a much more desirable destination for NBA talent than Dallas for obvious reasons

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4989712 said:
Actually the mavs are stuck in cuban's worst nightmare, mediocrity. You can't rebuild without sucking really bad and getting good picks for a few years in a row. And money doesn't mean anything in the long run, ask the Knicks, and they are a much more desirable destination for NBA talent than Dallas for obvious reasons
Mediocrity? They are far below mediocre by their record. Cuban produced a playoff team 12 years straight. And ur thinking he is stuck in mediocrity? This aint Jerry Jones buddy lol. Expect some nice signings this summer. Lots of cash. Oh and the Knicks are one of the best teams in NBA. Not the fans fault they had an awful GM and coaches.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4990259 said:
Mediocrity? They are far below mediocre by their record. Cuban produced a playoff team 12 years straight. And ur thinking he is stuck in mediocrity? This aint Jerry Jones buddy lol. Expect some nice signings this summer. Lots of cash. Oh and the Knicks are one of the best teams in NBA. Not the fans fault they had an awful GM and coaches.

Their record would only give them something like a 3% chance at winning the lottery, meaning they will most likely pick outside the top 10, that's still mediocre. And what signings and draft picks besides chandler have the mavs made recently that makes you think this offseason will be anything different?

MC KAos

Reaction score
So, I think the mavs were actually lucky dwill didn't sign with them. He hasn't been good in 2 years!

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4998899 said:
So, I think the mavs were actually lucky dwill didn't sign with them. He hasn't been good in 2 years!
The front office has been elluding to that for a awhile now.
They think he was probably not worth breaking the bank on, at least in hindsite.

I trust that they'll make some nice moves in the next year or so to get back into the mix.

They've been talking about the hidden cap repercussions that are going to slam a lot of teams this year and next...and claim that many of their moves (or lack of) have been based on that happening.
Guess we'll see if they're right.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4998904 said:
The front office has been elluding to that for a awhile now.
They think he was probably not worth breaking the bank on, at least in hindsite.

I trust that they'll make some nice moves in the next year or so to get back into the mix.

They've been talking about the hidden cap repercussions that are going to slam a lot of teams this year and next...and claim that many of their moves (or lack of) have been based on that happening.
Guess we'll see if they're right.

i kind of get the feeling dwight is getting to that point as well, he might be hitting the wall just like shawn kemp or amare did after major injuries. i guess only time will tell with him tho, but i wouldnt feel completely confident giving him a max deal until he proves he is 100% back

ragman

Reaction score
The Mavs made a trade for Anthony Morrow. He's supposed to be a very good shooter. But, more important, he's Dwight Howard's best friend. This signing tells me that the Mavs will make a big run at Howard next year.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;5007994 said:
Kobe Bryant ✔ @kobebryant

Amnesty THAT
24 Feb 13
He will be saying that when u gotta play him first round too lol

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;5008326 said:
He will be saying that when u gotta play him first round too lol

nah, our owner is not stupid enough to poke the mamba

juck

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5011182 said:
I'm excited for the draft for the first time in a while :laugh1:
Yea me too. And for FA. Now Cubes has room to play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RastaRocket;5011182 said:
I'm excited for the draft for the first time in a while :laugh1:

Me too. Too bad it's a bad year for the draft. Plus, as much as I like out FO, I don't think we've drafted well at all on average since Dirk arrived.

Maybe we'll strike gold.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;5011401 said:
Me too. Too bad it's a bad year for the draft. Plus, as much as I like out FO, I don't think we've drafted well at all on average since Dirk arrived.

Maybe we'll strike gold.

maybe, i dont buy when people say its a good or bad draft for this or that. i remember everyone saying the draft two years ago was super deep, and outside of kyrie, kawhi and fareed its been quite horrendous. there could be some great players in there for the mavs to take.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;5011449 said:
maybe, i dont buy when people say its a good or bad draft for this or that. i remember everyone saying the draft two years ago was super deep, and outside of kyrie, kawhi and fareed its been quite horrendous. there could be some great players in there for the mavs to take.
Hope so. ...

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
DFWJC;5011401 said:

Maybe we'll strike gold.

I hope we land Oladipo.

MC KAos

Reaction score
from what ive seen he is supposed to go in the 7-13 range, which could be around where the mavs end up drafting