Dallas needs Sean Payton no matter what it costs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Payton's eyes are wide open. He knows what Jerry is about and how the team structure works. If Payton things he can work within that structure and he still wants to coach, then maybe Sean and Jerry can figure it out.

But I think Sean goes to TV at least for this year.
He's naive if he thinks he can work with the way Jerry is now.

Reaction score
He's naive if he thinks he can work with the way Jerry is now.
Like I said, he has known Jerry for almost 20 years. The only NFLer who knows Jerry better is Stephen.

The association may not work. But it would not be because Payton is naive. He knows exactly who Jerry is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Like I said, he has known Jerry for almost 20 years. The only NFLer who knows Jerry better is Stephen.

The association may not work. But it would not be because Payton is naive. He knows exactly who Jerry is.
And if he knows how Jerry is and he still works for him? Then yeah he's naive or its a cash grab.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just wondering what Payton has done without Brees. Draft picks for coaches just seems insane to me especially when Jerry is in charge of football operations anyway.

That's a fair question, of course. But here's something else to consider: what was Brees before Payton?

Brees had 59 NFL starts for the Chargers. They were so impressed by the first 43 that they drafted Phillip Rivers in the first round of the 2004 draft.

Brees became a much better QB under Payton. Brees didn't look anything like a HOFer in San Diego.

Praxit

Reaction score
...sign him just 2 yr contract. No obligations of any kind.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
Lots of chatter inside the league among #NFL executives that Sean Payton stepped away from the #Saints with more than one eye on the #Cowboys. And the interest is mutual, per sources.

Per Matt Lombardo

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Before jumping to a conclusion that we need this dude here are the 2 records for Payton and McCarthy. I do think Payton is a better coach, but the results don't seem to obvious. I have no interest in trading away draft capital.

143-92 in regular season and 18-10 in playoffs with 1 Super Bowl.

152-89 and 9-8 in the playoffs with 1 Super Bowl win.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's stepping away. That means Mike has one year to right the ship, or Sean is coming to town.

GMO415

Reaction score
It looks like Sean Payton left NO for his next opportunity. A team must trade for him. Consider trading Cooper and some draft picks for S. Payton.

Your thoughts?

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Not this year. I’m not giving up draft pick. Next year. He can take year off.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Little Stevie isn’t about to give up 5 years of cheap labor by trading a first. Way too cheap to go all in to win.

quickccc

Reaction score
Their resumes are very similar, rather give MM more power then throw away premium picks for a HC who is considering retiring.

- Payton made his mark with Drew Brees at QB ... McCarthy also made his mark with Aaron Rodgers at hand, ..sorry but there's not an Hall of Famer at QB here, but it's
most certainly better than what Payton is having to deal with in Tayson Hill and Jamis Winston.