Dallas needs Sean Payton no matter what it costs

Aven8

Reaction score
I just don’t get the waiting until next year mess. That makes Mike a lame duck next season and that never goes well. And what happens as DC in that scenario? Are they going pick for him or is Mike going too? If he was willing to do in 2019 he’s willing to do it now

quickccc

Reaction score
Not this year. I’m not giving up draft pick. Next year. He can take year off.

If it was just the 1st rd pick, #24 overall pick to get rights to Sean Payton ? ....that would be all it took for what i am trying to invest in him........ i'd do that in a Heart-Beat and wouldn't think to blink ...!!

:flagwave:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- Payton made his mark with Drew Brees at QB ... McCarthy also made his mark with Aaron Rodgers at hand, ..sorry but there's not an Hall of Famer at QB here, but it's
most certainly better than what Payton is having to deal with in Tayson Hill and Jamis Winston.
I agree, Dak isn't a hall of famer like those two, but he is above average and better than what the Saints currently have. Just don't think it's worth giving premium picks for a HC who might be just a little better. Both have gotten to the postseason many times, but each has around a .500 record. 9-8 for Payton, 10-9 for MM.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It looks like Sean Payton left NO for his next opportunity. A team must trade for him. Consider trading Cooper and some draft picks for S. Payton.

Your thoughts?
I believe NO is 70M over the cap. they wouldn't want over rated expensive players. they want draft picks.

I give up a 6th...push me hard, twist my arm and I make it a 5th

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
and if i'm Naawlins ..i'd make sure i ask for the world for Payton easily our best HC ever in Saints land, i'd demand the Gruden package
Two future 1st rounds.., two future 2nd rounds ...

if you really want him that badly ...then let's see how much you willing to pay compensation for him...

What trips me out, is McCarthy himself also has a SB winning resume and credentials to his name as well, and he also is supposed to be a well regarded offensive mind
too. But now after just 2 years, there's the swirling rumor of could the Cowboys be interested in Payton ..and ditch McCarthy ?

Well you know Paytons record is way better than MM...ooh wait ..well Payton didnt have Rodgers...Ooh wait...I GOT IT Payton can make Jerry change....thats it.

lkelly

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s how works. Year off and he’s free
He can't even talk to Dallas without permission from the Saints. They essentially control that whole process until his contract ends in 2026. They are entitled to ask for compensation.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I just don’t get the waiting until next year mess. That makes Mike a lame duck next season and that never goes well. And what happens as DC in that scenario? Are they going pick for him or is Mike going too? If he was willing to do in 2019 he’s willing to do it now

That makes Mike a lame duck next season and that never goes well.

Sounds like a Jones move actually.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It looks like Sean Payton left NO for his next opportunity. A team must trade for him. Consider trading Cooper and some draft picks for S. Payton.

Your thoughts?
Id like to know the circumstances of his contract before worrying about what to give up.

If the Florio story is true, it may contain language that may not have made it so difficult to eventually get to Dallas.

He may need to take a year off and he is free, but it may require compensation open endedly.

Tough to say without knowing the facts, but I would deal as much as a 2nd to get him now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Your thoughts?

It would be stupid to weaken your team by trading one of your best players and a premium draft pick or two for a coach who’s burned out and needs a break.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It would be stupid to weaken your team by trading one of your best players and a premium draft pick or two for a coach who’s burned out and needs a break.

I mean even if he is not..again if the owner doesnt change, what is a diferent handicapped HC going to do? We are gonna have the same problem minus the compensation we gave up. MM and Payton have very similar history as far as thier coaching success goes..what will be said when Payton all the sudden cant coach once he gets here?