Dallas never called Henry

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact he is still too old and too expensive.
The only question to ask is, "would signing Henry make us a better team, yes or no"?

I think everybody would agree that even at 30 yrs old, Henry is still exponentially better than Duece Vaughn (our current starting RB).

So yes, signing Henry would have made us a better team, that is my point.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Wow! Lot's of fans upset about this....I didn't realize Henry had that much left in the tank. Over 2,000 carries, over 30 years old and a highly questionable OL in Dallas....I'd rather build the OL first and draft an RB.
You are missing the point. Dallas is not calling ANY free agents. Jerry Jones version of "ALL IN" is a joke.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henry aint saving our offense from its ineptness in big games.
Too many hits and miles on him.
Next please................as we need desperately a rookie new Zeke!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Henry aint saving our offense from its ineptness in big games.
Too many hits and miles on him.
Next please................as we need desperately a rookie new Zeke!
Next please???

There is no next, they are not calling anybody and the only RB in the draft they have shown any interest in is Brooks (according to reports), the dude who tore his ACL in November.

Might Mouse is going to be your starting RB in 2024.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The only question to ask is, "would signing Henry make us a better team, yes or no"?

I think everybody would agree that even at 30 yrs old, Henry is still exponentially better than Duece Vaughn (our current starting RB).

NO

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So replacing Mighty Mouse with King Henry as our staring RB does not make us a better team?

WOW.

Ok, so you are telling me that 5'5 Duece Vaughn that barely weighs 150 lbs soaking wet with a 1.7 yds per carry average his rookie season is just as good a running back as King Henry, who finished #2 in the NFL in rushing last season?

Seriously?

Chasing6

Reaction score
So replacing Mighty Mouse with King Henry as our staring RB does not make us a better team?

WOW.

Ok, so you are telling me that 5'5 Duece Vaughn that barely weighs 150 lbs soaking wet with a 1.7 yds per carry average his rookie season is just as good a running back as King Henry, who finished #2 in the NFL in rushing last season?

Seriously?
Was Mighty Mouse our starting RB last year?

So how would that be a replacement?

Duece will not be our starting RB. False comparison all they way around.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Was Mighty Mouse our starting RB last year?

So how would that be a replacement?

Duece will not be our starting RB. False comparison all they way around.
How many yards did Mighty Mouse have last year? That is not going to be hard to replace.

If you are talking about Pollard. Different story.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How many yards did Mighty Mouse have last year? That is not going to be hard to replace.

If you are talking about Pollard. Different story.
Henry was better than Pollard in every statistical category last season.

So what you are telling me is that some rookie RB or bottom of the barrell free agent that is going to be our starter is going to be better than Henry this season?

I find that very hard to believe, but I guess we shall see.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Henry was better than Pollard in every statistical category last season.

So what you are telling me is that some rookie RB or bottom of the barrell free agent that is going to be our starter is going to be better than Henry this season?

I find that very hard to believe, but I guess we shall see.
Not accurate. Pollard had better receiving numbers. Either way, it does not have anything to do with comparing a starter to a back up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not accurate. Pollard had better receiving numbers. Either way, it does not have anything to do with comparing a starter to a back up.
Wait, you said that signing Henry does not make us better.

Ergo, that means that what we will have at RB this year will be equal to or better than Henry.

Currently our starter is Duece, he is top of the depth chart. Anybody else besides him is an imaginary player not on the team yet and has no name, and you say this player is our starter not Duece.

Thus, your overall postion therefore is that our starting RB this season, who is not currently on the team and we have no idea who he will be, will in fact be equal to or better than Henry since signing Henry is not an upgrade. Correct?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Duece will not be our starting RB.
Duece is top of the depth chart, if he aint gonna be the starter than the starter is not on this team yet and almost has to be a rookie out of this draft.

I find it very hard to believe a rookie is going to come in and have an equal or better season production wise as the guy who was #2 in the league last year rushing.

If you mean a free agent back, well Dallas already said their budget is $3 mill for a vet. You think a $3 million vet is going to come in out perform Henry this season?

I dont see it dude, I think Henry will out rush any back on this team this season, but I guess we shall see.

Good discussion, time for me get out of here and get some sleep................good night my friend:thumbup:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not trying to compare to Henry, you are.

We will draft a RB and will sign one late in free agency. No one is expecting them to have better results than Henry, accept maybe you. However, they will have better results per $ spent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wait, you said that signing Henry does not make us better.

Ergo, that means that what we will have at RB this year will be equal to or better than Henry.

Currently our starter is Duece, he is top of the depth chart. Anybody else besides him is an imaginary player not on the team yet and has no name, and you say this player is our starter not Duece.

Thus, your overall postion therefore is that our starting RB this season, who is not currently on the team and we have no idea who he will be, will in fact be equal to or better than Henry since signing Henry is not an upgrade. Correct?
Making us better is obviously a comparison to last year. DuH.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are missing the point. Dallas is not calling ANY free agents. Jerry Jones version of "ALL IN" is a joke.
I get the point, it's just gotten beat to death. But, I guess it makes many feel better.....

Cmac

Reaction score
Jerry been listening to the Board Salary Capologists.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Would he make the Cowboys better? The Cowboys could use that money to beef up the OL and draft a RB. That sounds like a better roster than just adding a 30 year old Henry.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Henry automatically makes us better, compared to last year or however you want to look at it. You give the defense something to think about if it's 3rd and 4 will they run the ball or pass it. This pass season you already knew 100% Dak was passing the ball. Not to mention 12 TDs for Henry he scores double digit TDs every year since 2017.

Eventually he will hit the wall but I think he's got 1 to 2 seasons which he only got 2 years with 9 million guaranteed in Baltimore. He might be the missing piece for them to win it all but they need another WR.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Henry automatically makes us better, compared to last year or however you want to look at it. You give the defense something to think about if it's 3rd and 4 will they run the ball or pass it. This pass season you already knew 100% Dak was passing the ball. Not to mention 12 TDs for Henry he scores double digit TDs every year since 2017.

Eventually he will hit the wall but I think he's got 1 to 2 seasons which he only got 2 years with 9 million guaranteed in Baltimore. He might be the missing piece for them to win it all but they need another WR.
A legit OC would immediately improve our run game.