Signed by Cowboys Dallas re-signs Antwaun Woods

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He’s a nice depth guy
Seems to play hard but needs very limited reps
We need a big fatty who is quick and demands a double team

Yep, 2018 he was getting 57% of the snaps and it wore on him and he became less of a factor. As part of rotation I think he is a fine player

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not doubting you but how much hype could there be for a guy who went undrafted?

That's what I thought at the time.

When they said he was undrafted I went to look up where he went to school and found out we weren't even the first team to have him and I found a bunch of articles about how Tennessee supposedly didn't treat him fair.

I'm surprised none of you remember the Training Camp hype he was receiving mostly from the DC.com people.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As I recall the hype was because he was regularly beating Travis Frederick which we thought was a big deal until we later found out that Travis Frederick was no longer Travis Frederick because of Guillen-Barre. Woods shows up decently against replacement level guys but gets abused against top tier guys.. Still he is a decent rotational player who comes cheap. It's not like we've got all pros keeping him on the bench..

Yeah he's a good player. I'm glad we still have him.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I like woods as a backup. Hopefully we draft a starter.. Alim McNeil please

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every single one of the six thousand mock drafts I've seen this year includes an attempt to upgrade over this guy.

Tells you all that's needed to know about him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's what I thought at the time.

When they said he was undrafted I went to look up where he went to school and found out we weren't even the first team to have him and I found a bunch of articles about how Tennessee supposedly didn't treat him fair.

I'm surprised none of you remember the Training Camp hype he was receiving mostly from the DC.com people.
Man I was here at that time too I don't remember none of that. Wow.....I never understood the hype for a guy who another team cut from their practice squad or who rarely produced and went either undrafted or was picked late....but I will say it did work with David Irving....but even then....I remember going on that KC message board and they all liked him they just felt their team was too deep at the position.

Adrian Hamilton was another one of those guys lol.....he was our own guy but man the hype was INSANE.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Man I was here at that time too I don't remember none of that. Wow.....I never understood the hype for a guy who another team cut from their practice squad or who rarely produced and went either undrafted or was picked late....but I will say it did work with David Irving....but even then....I remember going on that KC message board and they all liked him they just felt their team was too deep at the position.

Adrian Hamilton was another one of those guys lol.....he was our own guy but man the hype was INSANE.

David Irving was too good to be true.

He should be one of the best players in the league right now but he threw that away and of course he did it while he was on our team.

That was a monster of a loss for this franchise.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I thought Woods was already signed up for some reason, well maybe his tender was offered or something. Anyway, good guy to have around as a backup.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been solid but remember the hype on this guy when we first got him? lol

You just can't buy anything this team sells in the offseason anymore.
I really don't. Were they saying anything beyond him having talent and he could be a contributor in the interior D-Line? I guess that is hype for a player that went undrafted, but he lived up to that much. I guess I don't recall if there was more.

EDIT …. I started looking at old articles and found one where Spagnola talked up how well Woods was playing in training camp that first season with Dallas, and there were quotes from a couple of coaches saying the same thing. I'm not sure I would call that "hype" though because it wasn't playing up some theoretical notion of the guy, or a promise or prediction of big things once the season started, it was just commentary on what they actually saw in training camp

Last edited: