Signed by Cowboys Dallas re-signs Antwaun Woods

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not sarcastic at all.

Woods had huge hype after coming from Tennessee during that training camp.
Yeah there was. He did well in the Seattle playoff game as well. I think he was hurt in the Rams game if I’m not mistaken and our run defence got shredded

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
David Irving was too good to be true.

He should be one of the best players in the league right now but he threw that away and of course he did it while he was on our team.

That was a monster of a loss for this franchise.
Yeah it was too good to be true. That guy looks like a man among boys. Man.....his last full year here...you could argue he was our best defensive player. He just looked so dominant.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had no choice but to sign, it was that or not play. Just like last year. Unless they rescinded the offer and released him.
He can add depth, but I think he will be off other roster with the FA’s they signed. Especially if they draft a DT in the 4th round or higher.

CWR

Reaction score
Not sarcastic at all.

That's because he was picking on Travis Fredrick, who it turned out was a far cry from 100%.

Had we known Fred had Guillian Barre syndrome we wouldn't have been so impressed.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
There's actually some decent DT depth in this draft, but it's not until mid-late Round 2-3.

I think Levi Onwuzurike would be an intriguing pick at #44 and a kid with local roots.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sarcastic at all.

Yawn...............my god, you just keep going around saying laughable things. Is it any wonder people are completely shocked by the things you say? At this point you are trolling the forum just to get a reaction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As I recall the hype was because he was regularly beating Travis Frederick which we thought was a big deal until we later found out that Travis Frederick was no longer Travis Frederick because of Guillen-Barre. Woods shows up decently against replacement level guys but gets abused against top tier guys.. Still he is a decent rotational player who comes cheap. It's not like we've got all pros keeping him on the bench..

Every time he is the starter at DT our run game is historically bad. The guy needs to go!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Every time he is the starter at DT our run game is historically bad. The guy needs to go!

I'm not sure I would go that far. Woods was not the reason the run defense was horrible last year.. especially not early in the season. I think he's a good motor guy for 15-20 snaps. But once he gets tired and loses that first step quickness he's done before he's so undersized for the middle of the defense duty.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He was solid early on but now I can never get over him being a big part of that Rams playoff game where the run defense gave up 200+ easy yards on the ground.
That was less on teh players and more on the scheme used and the Rams knowing exactly which way the DL was going to slant. But lets keep blaming the players on that.

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sarcastic at all.

Was he the one giving Frederick all kinds of trouble before we learned that the reason for that Frederick was being weakened by an immune system disorder?

I like Woods ... as a rotational player.

Reactions: CWR