Signed by Cowboys Dallas re-signs Antwaun Woods

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
As I recall the hype was because he was regularly beating Travis Frederick which we thought was a big deal until we later found out that Travis Frederick was no longer Travis Frederick because of Guillen-Barre. Woods shows up decently against replacement level guys but gets abused against top tier guys.. Still he is a decent rotational player who comes cheap. It's not like we've got all pros keeping him on the bench..
Well said!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I like having Woods up the middle just have to be careful of giving him too many snaps where he gets worn down late in game.
Hes a backup to a starer who shouldn't be in a rotation and should only see the field for an injury.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s a nice depth guy
Seems to play hard but needs very limited reps
We need a big fatty who is quick and demands a double team
(In bold ^^^): This is why the Cowboys need to trade down their #10 overall pick with someone like Chicago for their #20 overall pick, plus receive their late 2nd round pick and late 4th or 5th. Then use that #20 overall pick on DT Christian Barmore while going after a pretty good CB in the 2nd round. Problem solved.

817Gill

Reaction score
He's been solid but remember the hype on this guy when we first got him? lol

You just can't buy anything this team sells in the offseason anymore.
He was one of the most unheralded practice squad pick ups. Literally had 0 hype coming in. He began to make a name for himself when he got chippy with T-Fred. He brought that nasty energy for a bit to a very bend don’t break culture and that’s when the “hype” started. But for the sake of accuracy he was not hyped when picked up at all.

817Gill

Reaction score
No? Unless you’re being sarcastic. Dude was undrafted by the Titans and cast off, we picked him up off the street. I didn’t even think he’d make the team.
Thank you lol I didn’t even scroll before typing my comment

817Gill

Reaction score
That's what I thought at the time.

When they said he was undrafted I went to look up where he went to school and found out we weren't even the first team to have him and I found a bunch of articles about how Tennessee supposedly didn't treat him fair.

I'm surprised none of you remember the Training Camp hype he was receiving mostly from the DC.com people.
That was post arrival once he showed some juice on the field. No one was touting the play of a Titans practice squad cast-off when he was signed. He did some damage in TC and that’s where the hype train formed.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Good backup and depth but was made a starter and clearly is NOT a starter.

Which makes him perfect for this defense. Bunch of backup and depth players who are NOT starter caliber type and probably could not make any other roster in the NFL. And they wonder why they can't seem to turn around this defense. We like our guys. SMH... :facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"The Human Log" better gets some remedial training from DQ & staff if he's returning to this D-line.

bigE79

Reaction score
David Irving was too good to be true.

He should be one of the best players in the league right now but he threw that away and of course he did it while he was on our team.

That was a monster of a loss for this franchise.
Ro Mac also....damn,what could have been.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
(In bold ^^^): This is why the Cowboys need to trade down their #10 overall pick with someone like Chicago for their #20 overall pick, plus receive their late 2nd round pick and late 4th or 5th. Then use that #20 overall pick on DT Christian Barmore while going after a pretty good CB in the 2nd round. Problem solved.
I don’t know that Barrimore solves the problem but it’s a start
The problem with trading down to 20 is can you get real value
Some yesterday was proposing a future one, but to me that not enough to move out of the top 10 to the second half of the draft
I’d rather take surtain at 10 and use some of our late picks to work my way up in the second or use those and a future pick to add another second

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That was less on teh players and more on the scheme used and the Rams knowing exactly which way the DL was going to slant. But lets keep blaming the players on that.

I think people forget that Woods got injured down the stretch of that 2018 season (shoulder?) and was unable to use one arm for stretches. Losing the strength in one arm was a death blow for a guy who was already undersized for his position.

king987

Reaction score
I don't mind Woods coming back, preferably as a backup/rotation player.

I just really hope Woods returning doesn't dissuade this team from getting some interior d-line help in the draft. Get us the 300+ pound big boy to plug up that run. Woods can go in that when that big boy needs a breather.

conner01

Reaction score
Yep, 2018 he was getting 57% of the snaps and it wore on him and he became less of a factor. As part of rotation I think he is a fine player
Unless you have a real stud you need to be 3 deep at the one. Keep them fresh so their able to take advantage of the middle of the oline late

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Woods was a decent nose tackle that kept the linebackers clean before Mike Nolan got here; and Nolan deserved a job in the NFL about as much as I do. Let's give Woods the benefit of the doubt until we see how he performs in Dan Quinn's scheme.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Don't understand the hate going on for re-signing a guy to his restricted free agent tender. This doesn't even guarantee he makes the team.

It's not like the Cowboys are expecting him to suddenly become Aaron Donald.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's been solid but remember the hype on this guy when we first got him? lol
Irving was gone in 2018. Imagine the horror of starting Ash.We got a not horrible starting 1T for nothing. The hype was relief we wouldn't be starting Ash.