Drafted by Cowboys Dallas selects LB Micah Parsons at 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
The sexual assault accusation was not him, it was Gross-Matos. The hazing/assault he was accused of was suspect at best and was thrown out of court. I'm good with the player, not crazy about the selection. I'm guessing his snaps will be limited early, and a non QB player taken this high, IMO, should be an insta-starter. I hope I'm wrong, but I see them giving LVE & Smith EVERY chance to start, and Neal will see snaps at WILL, probably in most nickel pacages. Why I was in the CB draft assumption. Kids talented as all get out though, so let's hope they keep this D draft going

This is a troll right ? Parsons is instantly our best LB and won’t come off the field much. Possibly on passing downs because that’s not his strength. But he can blitz incredibly well also. Did we all watch the same team last year lol???

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree roc, it was no smokescreen. They were set to take Surtain till Denver upset the applecart, and like you said, THAT'S when we traded down. There was no way the Cowboys were going to pass up Surtain.
Right. I think they weighed their options and even knew of a possible risk both may be gone. Then it became let’s trade back a few and still get the guy we want.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a troll right ? Parsons is instantly our best LB and won’t come off the field much. Possibly on passing downs because that’s not his strength. But he can blitz incredibly well also. Did we all watch the same team last year lol???
I expect a few things.

Parsons will come right in and be probably our best talent at linebacker.

I expect for the first time in their careers Jaylon and LVE will all of a sudden be healthy. Parsons allows them to do so much it’s gonna be some bumps along the way but as of now I expect him to get some meaningful reps.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For sure, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Just re-watch Cleveland game we need a playmaker on defence. We’re not a solid CB away.
Yeah it sucks because we don’t have much resources into CB so I get the love affair with going corner early but like you said we weren’t a CB away. I came into this draft wanting safety, linebacker, defensive line, corner and tackle. So far we can cross one of those off. If we can properly trade up we can still get a day 1 starter in some of our weak spots.

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks because we don’t have much resources into CB so I get the love affair with going corner early but like you said we weren’t a CB away. I came into this draft wanting safety, linebacker, defensive line, corner and tackle. So far we can cross one of those off. If we can properly trade up we can still get a day 1 starter in some of our weak spots.

Ya we need to. We have to many picks any of Barmore, Moerhig, Samuel Jr, Campbell, all would be huge!

JBond

Reaction score
Dude plays hero ball. Bad reads, bad instincts. Some of the worst aspects of Jaylon Smith.
Post the film...

I see a playmaker that uses excellent technique. Go watch the Washington game. Watch how he uses his hands and sheds blocks. The big runs in that game were his teammates not covering their gaps. He plays sound fundamental defense and also happens to be a freak that can make extraordinary plays.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Post the film...

I see a playmaker that uses excellent technique. Go watch the Washington game. Watch how he uses his hands and sheds blocks. The big runs in that game were his teammates not covering their gaps. He plays sound fundamental defense and also happens to be a freak that can make extraordinary plays.
He also graded out as the highest run defender in 2019 but hey. Who cares lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Parson was always on our list, was one of the targets..

now hope we use one of our 3rds with 44 and move up to get target 2 late first..

barmore Moehrig etc
Thinking the same here, we didnt lose anything to trade back a couple spot to draft Parsons, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Dallas move up with the first pick on Friday and target a player like Moehrig or Samuel.
Dont care if its a safety or corner just come away with a starting DB and we are in better shape in the secondary.
Having 4 picks on day two is very tempting for Jerry, will be very interesting how Dallas plays it Friday evening.

aria

Reaction score
And of course you were RIGHT there and know the whole story...
There’s multiple articles about it, try reading and researching if that’s possible. Obviously about ten other teams had good enough concern to pass on him but I bet they didn’t know anything either.

A guy like that doesn’t slide that far for no reason but that’s incomprehensible to someone like you. Not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.