Drafted by Cowboys Dallas selects LB Micah Parsons at 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Reaction score
He is still a psycho about Zeke. You can come up with all the excuses you want.
So you think I’m psychotic, huh? But not the guy that bullies people half his size, exposes women’s breasts in public while being investigated for DV against women and attacks a DJ after being suspended for DV? You’re such a delusional homer, zeke could spit in your face and you would say bless you.

BTW, do you think it’s funny to make fun of people with a mental illness? Then you should be laughing at zeke. I would love to have a few words with you in private.

KB1122

Reaction score
Worst case scenario: Justin Fields was the player at the top of our draft board, but we just signed a quarterback, so we decided not to take him. He goes on to become a superstar. Dak underperforms. The Giants use the trade value to give Daniel Jones what he needs to excel. Jason Garrett dominates the division and after being promoted to head coach wins the Super Bowl. Meanwhile Micah Parsons gets dragged down by character issues. And the third round pick busts.

aria

Reaction score
Now go and ask for a time out card. Or suck your thumb. That is up to you.
Lol, ok boy, the only one wanting something to suck on is you. Got nothing else to think about? No wonder you’re such a big fan of Parsons, I’m sure he would love to accommodate you boy.

Big_D

Reaction score
Parsons was a re-draft of LVE and Jaylon Smith.

Third time's a charm?

So this is the same as hitting that wealth of talent Boise State yet again. A guy who played 7 on 7 in high school and had injury red flags or drafting the guy in the wheelchair? You don't see a correlation between the last 2 drafts and a team capable of being better. This isn't Jerry and Garrett. As much as I don't like McCarthy on game day so far, I like what he's bringing on draft day for a huge change of pace. Jerry's been a complete doofus in the war room. And so far between 2020 and 2021 that has changed dramatically. This is nothing like those 2 picks. They even traded back and grabbed a 3rd. And people are still whining. Let me guess, you wanted Oline?

What would Marinelli have wanted? That's the question? lol It was a complete clown show.

Then you just know if they don't give up 280 yards in a playoff game, they still wouldn't be looking at DT. Hill wouldn't even be here. Gallimore.. forget about that. Low level FAs rounding out the defensive interior.

If they go get a 1 tech tonight, this D can make a huge jump.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Where & how Parsons fits in will be interesting, but at the least he adds outstanding juice & pass rush talent to that unit. He's a great LB coming from a school that's a Linebacker factory.
WE ARE PENN STATE!

aria

Reaction score
No I am a big fan of making you continue to act like the guy who should be wearing a jacket that ties in back.
I will use any occasion. Never saw parsons play; and never paid a lot of attention to zeke until he got shafted by the NFL.
Even now I am meh about the Boys in many ways because I am sick and tired of the mediocrity we seem doomed to under the jones boys.
You do need professional help; I believe I have mentioned that on several occasions.
You don’t knowing crap about me besides I don’t like selfish divas who bully others and put themselves before the team with childish behavior.

So you admit to trolling me by “using any occasion”?

Don’t you think it’s ironic that you defend zeke when I bash him and say I’m the one who needs professional help but I’m bashing him for assaulting people half his size, exposing a womans breast in public, being the first NFL player ever to hold with two years left on hos contract and putting the team you claim to be a fan of at risk with his childish behavior?

Yeah, and I’m the one who needs help for speaking out against his behavior. You wouldn’t know what I’m talking about though, would you? Because you admitted you haven’t kept up with anything he’s done since he got “shafted” by the NFL. So you have no idea that every example I gave happened during or AFTER he got “shafted”. So in other words, you don’t know crap about why I bash him.

Move along amateur, you’re bush, you’re out of your league boy.

Big_D

Reaction score
Where & how Parsons fits in will be interesting, but at the least he adds outstanding juice & pass rush talent to that unit. He's a great LB coming from a school that's a Linebacker factory.
WE ARE PENN STATE!

lots of it.. and he's the best run stopping LB in the draft.

quickccc

Reaction score
and i'm not even sure we're finished at adding more quality LBs, ..could we see another with one of the 4th rd picks ?
One that falls thru the cracks and too good to pass up ?

Big_D

Reaction score
and i'm not even sure we're finished at adding more quality LBs, ..could we see another with one of the 4th rd picks ?
One that falls thru the cracks and too good to pass up ?

I could definitely see another LB drafted. 1tech, safety, CB, LB. Should be interesting.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Posted this in the video thread, but this is Dane Brugler's write up from the Athletic.

HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP

PRO DAY 6031 246 31 1/2 11 78 7/8 4.36 2.58 1.59 34 10’6” 4.40 6.96 19

STRENGTHS: Remarkable size/speed/strength athlete…outstanding change-of-direction and pursuit skills to chase or quickly recorrect his path…easily outpaces

runners to the sideline and cuts off outside lanes…twitched-up and skillfully regains his balance in a blink…dynamic downhill player with his timing and burst through

gaps…excellent backfield vision to key, diagnose and fill…well-strapped with the power to work off climbing blockers…strong hands and grasp to finish tackles once he

connects…physical at contact and knocks the ball free (had six forced fumbles in two seasons)…competes with energy and doesn’t get bored…promising in coverage

with the open-field athleticism to cover up tight ends and running backs man-to-man…above-average production as he led Penn State in tackles in both of his

seasons.

WEAKNESSES: Zeroes in on the ball and needs to widen his vision…late to locate side-angled blocks when mirroring…hand placement and take-on technique are a

work in progress versus blockers…finds himself out of position when working around blocks…can be muscled off the top of routes…needs to tighten his coverage

angles with improved anticipation versus the pass…needs to finish interceptions when he gets his hands on the football…maturity concerns have been attached to

him in high school and college, although Penn State coaches have stuck up for him (Penn State head coach James Franklin: “99.9% of the time, he’s been

good.”)…missed one start as a sophomore with a “behavioral” issue (November 2019)…only one season as a full-time starter.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Penn State, Parsons lined up at weakside linebacker in defensive coordinator Brent Pry’s 4-3 base scheme. As a defensive end in

high school, he changed positions when he arrived in State College, which makes his production and film that much more impressive (Franklin: “The scary part about

him is he hasn’t even scratched the surface.”). Parsons is an excellent ball hunter because of his vision and agility near the line of scrimmage, also displaying

exceptional sideline range. He needs to improve his maturity (on and off the field), spacing and anticipation in coverage, but the athleticism and budding awareness

are there. Overall, Parsons is an impressive size/speed/strength athlete with the reaction to movement and combative mentality to develop into a cornerstone

defender and three-down linebacker for an NFL team. He projects as one of the best talents in the draft.

GRADE: 1st Round (No. 12 overall)

shabazz

Reaction score
The Parsons pick was strategically essential........my only concern is his choice to opt out of last season because of Covid.

For a healthy young man to be too afraid to play because of a potential virus that had about zero chance of affecting his mortality gives one pause

Either he’s getting some bad advice which speaks to his inability to disseminate available information or he’s a potential head case......physically though, the pick was a no brainer

One wonders if he’s one of those wearing a mask while driving alone in his car

Status
Not open for further replies.