Drafted by Cowboys Dallas selects LB Micah Parsons at 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn’t read through all this but David Moore just said he was our highest rated D guy on the board and 4th overall on their board. Ahead of DBs

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
The Parsons pick was strategically essential........my only concern is his choice to opt out of last season because of Covid.

For a healthy young man to be too afraid to play because of a potential virus that had about zero chance of affecting his mortality gives one pause

Either he’s getting some bad advice which speaks to his inability to disseminate available information or he’s a potential head case......physically though, the pick was a no brainer

One wonders if he’s one of those wearing a mask while driving alone in his car

lol give me a break. No one knows the situation or if anyone in his family was high risk or how this was going to effect the sports world.. Slater did the same thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Parsons pick was strategically essential........my only concern is his choice to opt out of last season because of Covid.

For a healthy young man to be too afraid to play because of a potential virus that had about zero chance of affecting his mortality gives one pause

Either he’s getting some bad advice which speaks to his inability to disseminate available information or he’s a potential head case......physically though, the pick was a no brainer

ITs well known that most people used the Covid OPT out as a way to preserve their body for the NFL. Many guys did it. Who the hell wants to play and get hurt and kill their stock in the draft?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol give me a break. No one knows the situation or if anyone in his family was high risk or how this was going to effect the sports world.. Slater did the same thing.
Yeah that's insane. The least of my concerns are why he sat out or opted out. Hell I don't see why more didn't do it. Especially if you were projected to be a 1st round pick.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yeah that's insane. The least of my concerns are why he sat out or opted out. Hell I don't see why more didn't do it. Especially if you were projected to be a 1st round pick.

Football.. college and the pros went much better than I expected. I thought they'd be cancelled by week 3.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Covid's killed over 550,000 people just in the US.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Football.. college and the pros went much better than I expected. I thought they'd be cancelled by week 3.

I never thought for one second that they would cancel anything once they started. Postpone maybe.. but pull up stakes? Hell naw.. not with the amount of TV money on the table. Players opting out all had their reasons and you have to respect their right to do so. That said, I personally didn't like it overall because corny as it may sound, you will never get that year of playing college ball back and you can all but guarantee that when their playing days are done, most of the guys who did it just to preserve their bodies or draft status will regret it. Even if they make a zillion dollars in the pros.. They will spend the rest of their lives wishing they had played that last year of college ball. But I may just be seeing things through the lens of an old dude who quit football in college too soon.. :)

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you saw Jaylon play last season. The cowboys apparently did because they used their highest pick in 5 years on a guys who plays exactly like him but meaner. He'll be gone by next off season. LVE hasn't made impact since his rookie season which was 3 years ago. We're extremely thin at LB, we're not close to the league best at anything other than maybe WR
best 3some in the league if LvE is healthy...and its not close.

cowboyec

Reaction score
helluva pick and a pleasant surprise.
didn't really hear any buzz leading up to the draft that we liked him.

then yesterday someone on here posted a comment from jane slater about dont rule out parsons @10...and then the heavens opened and gave us a gift from mt. nittny.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

It isnt that simple, for players who had a good year in 2019 , opting out of 20 is a smart move.
Avoids injurys, or not having a good year, both of which would lower their draft status.
Also it was about them not wanting to bring covid home to family, not just their own personal safety.
One guy said he did it so his mother could stay home instead of working, and now he was picked in the first round, and is a instant millionaire.

75boyz

Reaction score
Please...
These linebacker evaluators hopefully are old enough to have watched Lawrence Taylor play. That was the LB freak.
But this is how the resident Parsons family experts are hyping him up here.

Show me how much he impacts team wins and losses on "this" roster and then get back to me when Tyron gets hurt, Collins or both and Dak is running for his life or on his back.

But yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.