Dallas should explore Dak trade value

sideon

Reaction score
You are wrong about that. Dak has shown he can go over 300 yards and even over 400 yards. Of course teams would love to give up a second for a franchise QB making pennies right now and is the second most winning QB only to Brady but he will bring much more than that. 2 to 3 first rounders is more close.
And how many times has he done it?:huh:

Hadenough

Reaction score
We we're in the Tennessee game and we we're totally inept on offense in the 4th. Which falls on the shoulders of the quarterback because he has the ball in habds on every offensive play. So my issue is that Dak's not nearly as clutch as you make him out to be and not in the same zip code as Brady. And he hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt like Brady has. Bbecause the truth is that at this point in his career Dak has yet prove he is one of the greats. By your third year sans Peyton Manning and Brees every great HOF QB had at least gotten to the conference title game. He isn't a guy who can elevate his team see 2017 were he had a chance to prove he could carry a team and it was the worst stretch of football on offense we have seen ever. It out putrified the 1989 team which with the talent on the team is a miracle in and of itself. You bring up Zeke. Dak's supposed not be a franchise QB so when Zeke's getting shutdown or limited he makes you pay. The Rams and other teams that are healthy on defense want Dak to have the ball in his hands. People get caught up too much in football in winning games and not performance. And are too damn risk adverse so guys like Alex Smith make damn near 200 million dollars riding the bus with the guys. I have watched Dak's entire career and he isn't that guy. In 2014 when Mississippi State burst into the scene with Dak they were 9-0 and number two in the nation and went 0-3 against ranked teams including Dak's deficiencies being exposed against Alabama. Their only win against Vandy.

Then the next season they came back down to earth losing every big game against a ranked team (0-4) including Bama exposing Dak again in a 31-6 blowout. Dak's not as clutch as you make him out to be and never has been. The reason his interception numbers are low but he's trending towards Dave Krieg and Warren Moon territory in fumbles is because he is risk adverse meaning he is going to play it safe. Where you have sn Aaron Rodgers who takes risks and has natural ungodly arm talent. They're not the same guy but if you box score watch you say dak's that dude.

We have a front office who won't play him like hebshhe so played. Having him run designed runs because they are trying to hammer a square peg in a round ole.. The year 3 and 4 transition to grreatness I just don't see. It is on Dak as the field general to have the offense working especially in a game he needs to pass to win and against the Rams he didn't get it done. Then the defense screwed the pooch per usual in the divisional round.
Johnny,
Beautifully said! This is exactly what these Dak lovers are blocking out of their head. I first noticed Daks deficiencies in 2016 against the Vikings and the 2nd game against the Giants. He was totally exposed against the Broncos in 2017 and the team was completely healthy! That span of games with out Zeke was so important and he was awful. Last year that Titans, Texans and Colts game were very disturbing. Even the game against the Eagles where Dallas dominates by running the ball up and down the field but only leads on the score board 9-6 at halftime was bad. Daks inability to throw in the redzone.
Ive been watching football for 40 years and will look at stats on occasion but they dont tell the whole story here. The eyeball test shows Dak has bad footwork, lacks accuracy, lacks consistency, has a weak arm, doesnt process his reads quick enough and falls into tendancies. Sure the Cowboys win with him but its usually because of the team and rarely him.

Wood

Reaction score
I would trade Dak in a heart beat for a 1st and draft a QB that can actaully throw the ball

Thats the big question. If it does come down to trade..is just 1st rounder enough? It would have to be top 10 imo.

In year Denver got two 1st round picks for Jay Cutler his numbers were: 4,526 yards, 25 tds & 18 ints.
In year that Cincy got 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer his numbers were: 3,970 yards, 26 tds & 20 ints.
In year that Eagles got 1st & 4th for Sam Bradford his numbers were: 3,725 yards, 19 tds & 14 ints.

Dak Prescott numbers last year were: 3,885 yards, 22 tds & 8 ints.

If we compare Dak numbers to previous three QB trades - I think Dak is worth TWO 1st round picks.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Thats the big question. If it does come down to trade..is just 1st rounder enough? It would have to be top 10 imo.

In year Denver got two 1st round picks for Jay Cutler his numbers were: 4,526 yards, 25 tds & 18 ints.
In year that Cincy got 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer his numbers were: 3,970 yards, 26 tds & 20 ints.
In year that Eagles got 1st & 4th for Sam Bradford his numbers were: 3,725 yards, 19 tds & 14 ints.

Dak Prescott numbers last year were: 3,885 yards, 22 tds & 8 ints.

If we compare Dak numbers to previous three QB trades - I think Dak is worth TWO 1st round picks.
Shhhhhh.... don't tell anyone.... he has a contract coming up

JayFord

Reaction score
Since this thread is still going

Everyone good on popcorn? I’m selling peanuts as well 5 bucks a bag

And on a side note.....who’s finna play Qb without dak? We don’t have a track record of building good qbs

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
All the armchair quarterbacks who think dak can’t throw a football or the team has won in spite of him show how asinine they really are.

I’m tied games in the 4th/OT
He’s 51-67
760 yards
8 TDS
0 int

8-1 record in those scenarios.

I bet half the people who think dak can’t throw think Flacco throws great deep balls...

Yet Flacco has only thrown for more than 20TD in half of his 12 seasons. Only Once over 25 TD. And he added no threat on the ground.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The NFL has 53 player rosters, not 1 player rosters. Dak doesn't win them by himself.

Dak is a flawed QB as is, and the flaws will get even more of a chance to shine if we sign him long term. Then we'll be even more reticent to run him, which is his best trait relative to other QBs, leaving him to rely on his lest than best traits.

No one wins by themselves. Dak is a good young QB who is still developing yet still making plays to help his team win. Notice I say help not carry. All the stats mean nothing to me, I have watched Romo break team records and put up big numbers and the end result? Not a damn thing to show for it. I expect Dak to get better as he matures and continues to gain experience.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And? His passing ability was never questioned. Seriously...these comparisons...
Did you watch him his first few years.

17 TDs 16 INTs first full year as starter
11 TDs. 15 INTs his second year

Haha could you imagine if those were Daks stats

InTheZone

Reaction score
Did you watch him his first few years.

17 TDs 16 INTs first full year as starter
11 TDs. 15 INTs his second year

Haha could you imagine if those were Daks stats
Considering they were coming off a 1 win season and did not have anywhere near the roster we had/have I wouldn't expect greatness. I would be just as critical of him then as I am of Dak now.

InTheZone

Reaction score
2nd half Dak & the offense showed up, Zeke........nothing.
And? Rams were all about that run defense and it worked. I can point to several stats showing OVER THE COURSE OF A SEASON that our pass game was ranked in the bottom half while Zeke could have easily had his 3rd straight rushing title if not for his suspension.

Swagger

Reaction score
We we're in the Tennessee game and we we're totally inept on offense in the 4th. Which falls on the shoulders of the quarterback because he has the ball in habds on every offensive play. So my issue is that Dak's not nearly as clutch as you make him out to be and not in the same zip code as Brady. And he hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt like Brady has. Bbecause the truth is that at this point in his career Dak has yet prove he is one of the greats. By your third year sans Peyton Manning and Brees every great HOF QB had at least gotten to the conference title game. He isn't a guy who can elevate his team see 2017 were he had a chance to prove he could carry a team and it was the worst stretch of football on offense we have seen ever. It out putrified the 1989 team which with the talent on the team is a miracle in and of itself. You bring up Zeke. Dak's supposed not be a franchise QB so when Zeke's getting shutdown or limited he makes you pay. The Rams and other teams that are healthy on defense want Dak to have the ball in his hands. People get caught up too much in football in winning games and not performance. And are too damn risk adverse so guys like Alex Smith make damn near 200 million dollars riding the bus with the guys. I have watched Dak's entire career and he isn't that guy. In 2014 when Mississippi State burst into the scene with Dak they were 9-0 and number two in the nation and went 0-3 against ranked teams including Dak's deficiencies being exposed against Alabama. Their only win against Vandy.

Then the next season they came back down to earth losing every big game against a ranked team (0-4) including Bama exposing Dak again in a 31-6 blowout. Dak's not as clutch as you make him out to be and never has been. The reason his interception numbers are low but he's trending towards Dave Krieg and Warren Moon territory in fumbles is because he is risk adverse meaning he is going to play it safe. Where you have sn Aaron Rodgers who takes risks and has natural ungodly arm talent. They're not the same guy but if you box score watch you say dak's that dude.

We have a front office who won't play him like hebshhe so played. Having him run designed runs because they are trying to hammer a square peg in a round ole.. The year 3 and 4 transition to grreatness I just don't see. It is on Dak as the field general to have the offense working especially in a game he needs to pass to win and against the Rams he didn't get it done. Then the defense screwed the pooch per usual in the divisional round.

Fantastic post.

Someone stating the truth.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Considering they were coming off a 1 win season and did not have anywhere near the roster we had/have I wouldn't expect greatness. I would be just as critical of him then as I am of Dak now.
But thats not what you said. You said Brees passing ability was never questioned and that's false.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
After Stephan comments about Dak needing to sign team friendly deal and Dak on record as saying there will be no discount...an impasse is coming. Rather than get into issue of is Dak good or not, what could Cowboy get in trade if long term deal can't be agreed upon.

Note:
Denver received TWO 1st & 3rd for Jay Cutler
Cincy received 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer
Eagles received 1st & 4th round pick for Sam Bradford.

If your Stephan, what would you need back in trade?

Note: this is not to get into large debate about if Dallas should or shouldn't do this but merely an exercise in what you think his current trade value is.

It would be nuts to trade him. However if someone threw three first rounders and a second/third I would trade anyone. Five for one sounds about right.