Dallas should explore Dak trade value

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And some throw ints more than others (Romos early career).

Don't forget the fumbles. Romo pushed the edge of the rush and his abilities too hard. And made lots of mistakes thereby.

Dak is the opposite. At his best in 2016, he was cool, collected, and decisive, taking what was there without breaking a sweat. He was a machine. It was a walk in the park for him. He looked bored.

AKOYE did a recent(?) video on Dak's early play. Noted what a clean pocket he had. What space he had. They weren't getting pressure on him. The oline was dominant. Tyron, Frederick, and Martin *all* made first team All Pro in 2016. Only Martin has made it since, in 2018, and with the drop off from the knee injury, I think a lot of that was name and respect for the healthy Martin we'd seen in the past, not for how Martin played in 2018.

At Dak's worst in 2017, he was confused, panicky, and tentative. Happy feet in the pocket, unwilling to pull the trigger or late when he finally did. Even this year when it looked like he's playing well, there's so much struggle, even for simple things. Watch the grimaces of struggle as he throws passes. Watch him muscling passes. Where'd the Iceman go?

The *personal* pressure has also changed.

There were zero expectations for Dak coming into 2016. His preseason play gave us the *hope* that he wouldn't be a disaster.

Once he became the starter in 2017, with Romo shown the door, there were expectations for him to take "the next step". To be The Guy. Personal *pressure*. Add to that increasing pressure from less than dominant to poor oline play, from Zeke being suspended, from defenses daring *him* to beat them with his arm.

Pressure goes up, play goes down. A lot. He's made progress coming back up, as has all the team.

But playing well under pressure is what you want, not playing well when everything is going your way. All of the flaws under pressure are detailed in Dak's *combine* evaluation. Nothing new here for him.

Excessive degradation in play when under pressure observed in college. Now observed in the Pros.

When people hype Dak, it's all about the games the *team* has won, or his personality. Projects confidence. A leader.

The personality that *matters*, the one that takes the pressure and thrives or wilts under it *on the field*, is the one where Dak has a problem. We've seen a lot of Mr. Happy Feet. Mr. Gun Shy. Haven't seen the Iceman for a while.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bingo! Let the noodle arm play out his contract and then franchise him at 30 mil and there you go. Youve got him for 2 years at 15 mil a year and if you dont know by then that he is or isnt a franchise QB then he is not! Thats what Ive been saying for a while now. Dak lovers hate hearing this but its a realistic way to handle Dak.

Some kind of new contract is *necessary* for Dak. He's on the verge of maybe 100mil in gtd money. If I'm his agent, I don't let him play for 2mil with 100mil coming down the pipeline. Even 30 mil guaranteed spread over the next two years would give me pause. But 2mil is just a No.

The extension is a win-win. We're actually not paying more in the next couple of years, we're just moving some of it up so Dak doesn't sit out. Meanwhile, Dak does get a chunk of money locked in. Win win.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Or you could say:
One of the best OL in football-
Good receiving corps lead by Dez who still commanded double teams-
Clutch Hall of Fame TE still averaging 9 yards per catch-
League's leading rusher 2 of his first 3 years-
An improving defense-

Garrett has a winning record in 4 of the last 5 years with playoff wins in 3 of those years. So you saying Garrett is a great HC too?

In 2016, when Dak was at his best, Tyron, Fredbeard, and Martin all made All Pro. And we still had Big Bad Ronald. The league's leading rusher, by *far*. Dez still getting double teams. Beasley running free with single coverage.

Probably no team has the personnel to leverage a running QB like we can. My own preference is to churn them until we find one that can also be and top 10 pocket passer. Dak ain't shown that yet.

Garrett *might* be more instrumental to the success in building the team than we know.

But with Dak, we see what he brings on Sundays. There's no hidden treasure we don't know about. We see the yards and points left on the table. And the yards and the points that Dak gives us *now* as a runner that they'll probably cut down on if we sink 100mil gtd into Dak. Mediocre pocket passer who we won't run for 100mil. No.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am not as confident as you are based on what I've seen over three years.

Go to the .34 second mark. Dak will never be able to throw that pass, ever. It's not rocket science, it's knowing your QB. But it makes a big difference in the team talent you need around your QB to be successful.

Thanks for the flash back. I am not going to go look at film to find a pass that Dak threaded a needle and basically threw a pass that should have been intercepted but just squeezed it by. I am not going to say that pass was lucky. Was a good pass. But was a play that needed to be made and he made it. Dak has made plays that he needed to make when it counted. More than once. But people can also say that if he played that way for 3 quarters then he wouldn’t need to make the plays at the end. It’s a team sport and he is surrounded by talent. What he lacks in perhaps accuracy he makes up for in other areas. Again I am not for or against him. I want that brady or Aikman type of franchise qb. They don’t come around all the time. We have someone that is not named Romo that can get the job done. When Romo went down we plugged in several qb that couldn’t even beg a win.

glimmerman

Reaction score
YouTube video of Dak Prescott’s magical pass to Tavon Austin was a pretty good play.

Another pinpoint pass to James Hanna.

The pass to beez in the giants game for a game winner.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I would trade Dak in a heart beat for a 1st and draft a QB that can actaully throw the ball

How bout a rb (Zeke), that can run to the edges vs the Rams game? We needed that more in that playoff game. Dak showed up vs the Rams, Zeke & the run D didn't.

Flamma

Reaction score
What i have said is he is very good and a franchise QB. Yes you have eyes but eyes can be bias, i will be making a post today proving the Dak haters/doubters wrong on almost everything they say regarding Dak.

Bias of what? I'm a Cowboys fan, if anything my eyes would be bias in the other direction.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade Dak in a heart beat for a 1st and draft a QB that can actaully throw the ball

Heck we will even throw in a years supply of Chunky soup baby....
D4DvC3HXsAACffQ.jpg

InTheZone

Reaction score
Don't forget the fumbles. Romo pushed the edge of the rush and his abilities too hard. And made lots of mistakes thereby.

Dak is the opposite. At his best in 2016, he was cool, collected, and decisive, taking what was there without breaking a sweat. He was a machine. It was a walk in the park for him. He looked bored.

AKOYE did a recent(?) video on Dak's early play. Noted what a clean pocket he had. What space he had. They weren't getting pressure on him. The oline was dominant. Tyron, Frederick, and Martin *all* made first team All Pro in 2016. Only Martin has made it since, in 2018, and with the drop off from the knee injury, I think a lot of that was name and respect for the healthy Martin we'd seen in the past, not for how Martin played in 2018.

At Dak's worst in 2017, he was confused, panicky, and tentative. Happy feet in the pocket, unwilling to pull the trigger or late when he finally did. Even this year when it looked like he's playing well, there's so much struggle, even for simple things. Watch the grimaces of struggle as he throws passes. Watch him muscling passes. Where'd the Iceman go?

The *personal* pressure has also changed.

There were zero expectations for Dak coming into 2016. His preseason play gave us the *hope* that he wouldn't be a disaster.

Once he became the starter in 2017, with Romo shown the door, there were expectations for him to take "the next step". To be The Guy. Personal *pressure*. Add to that increasing pressure from less than dominant to poor oline play, from Zeke being suspended, from defenses daring *him* to beat them with his arm.

Pressure goes up, play goes down. A lot. He's made progress coming back up, as has all the team.

But playing well under pressure is what you want, not playing well when everything is going your way. All of the flaws under pressure are detailed in Dak's *combine* evaluation. Nothing new here for him.

Excessive degradation in play when under pressure observed in college. Now observed in the Pros.

When people hype Dak, it's all about the games the *team* has won, or his personality. Projects confidence. A leader.

The personality that *matters*, the one that takes the pressure and thrives or wilts under it *on the field*, is the one where Dak has a problem. We've seen a lot of Mr. Happy Feet. Mr. Gun Shy. Haven't seen the Iceman for a while.
sticky this too before someone counters with Dak has X amount of wins in 3 years.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Just because he is clutch in the 4th doesn't mean he wins every time and thats stupid if you believe it should be. Not even Brady wins every time.

Next you are putting the 3rd down conversions soley on Dak but if you watched you see most of them was because Zeke got hardly any yards and sometimes negative yards on first and second downs. If you research you would see a very good member on here broke down every drive.

Maybe you didn't see Dak be clutch against Seattle in the playoffs or against Philly or against Tampa to win the division. Tennessee won by double digits not sure how you think he isn't clutch by that.
We we're in the Tennessee game and we we're totally inept on offense in the 4th. Which falls on the shoulders of the quarterback because he has the ball in habds on every offensive play. So my issue is that Dak's not nearly as clutch as you make him out to be and not in the same zip code as Brady. And he hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt like Brady has. Bbecause the truth is that at this point in his career Dak has yet prove he is one of the greats. By your third year sans Peyton Manning and Brees every great HOF QB had at least gotten to the conference title game. He isn't a guy who can elevate his team see 2017 were he had a chance to prove he could carry a team and it was the worst stretch of football on offense we have seen ever. It out putrified the 1989 team which with the talent on the team is a miracle in and of itself. You bring up Zeke. Dak's supposed not be a franchise QB so when Zeke's getting shutdown or limited he makes you pay. The Rams and other teams that are healthy on defense want Dak to have the ball in his hands. People get caught up too much in football in winning games and not performance. And are too damn risk adverse so guys like Alex Smith make damn near 200 million dollars riding the bus with the guys. I have watched Dak's entire career and he isn't that guy. In 2014 when Mississippi State burst into the scene with Dak they were 9-0 and number two in the nation and went 0-3 against ranked teams including Dak's deficiencies being exposed against Alabama. Their only win against Vandy.

Then the next season they came back down to earth losing every big game against a ranked team (0-4) including Bama exposing Dak again in a 31-6 blowout. Dak's not as clutch as you make him out to be and never has been. The reason his interception numbers are low but he's trending towards Dave Krieg and Warren Moon territory in fumbles is because he is risk adverse meaning he is going to play it safe. Where you have sn Aaron Rodgers who takes risks and has natural ungodly arm talent. They're not the same guy but if you box score watch you say dak's that dude.

We have a front office who won't play him like hebshhe so played. Having him run designed runs because they are trying to hammer a square peg in a round ole.. The year 3 and 4 transition to grreatness I just don't see. It is on Dak as the field general to have the offense working especially in a game he needs to pass to win and against the Rams he didn't get it done. Then the defense screwed the pooch per usual in the divisional round.

InTheZone

Reaction score
We we're in the Tennessee game and we we're totally inept on offense in the 4th. Which falls on the shoulders of the quarterback because he has the ball in habds on every offensive play. So my issue is that Dak's not nearly as clutch as you make him out to be and not in the same zip code as Brady. And he hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt like Brady has. Bbecause the truth is that at this point in his career Dak has yet prove he is one of the greats. By your third year sans Peyton Manning and Brees every great HOF QB had at least gotten to the conference title game. He isn't a guy who can elevate his team see 2017 were he had a chance to prove he could carry a team and it was the worst stretch of football on offense we have seen ever. It out putrified the 1989 team which with the talent on the team is a miracle in and of itself. You bring up Zeke. Dak's supposed not be a franchise QB so when Zeke's getting shutdown or limited he makes you pay. The Rams and other teams that are healthy on defense want Dak to have the ball in his hands. People get caught up too much in football in winning games and not performance. And are too damn risk adverse so guys like Alex Smith make damn near 200 million dollars riding the bus with the guys. I have watched Dak's entire career and he isn't that guy. In 2014 when Mississippi State burst into the scene with Dak they were 9-0 and number two in the nation and went 0-3 against ranked teams including Dak's deficiencies being exposed against Alabama. Their only win against Vandy.

Then the next season they came back down to earth losing every big game against a ranked team (0-4) including Bama exposing Dak again in a 31-6 blowout. Dak's not as clutch as you make him out to be and never has been. The reason his interception numbers are low but he's trending towards Dave Krieg and Warren Moon territory in fumbles is because he is risk adverse meaning he is going to play it safe. Where you have sn Aaron Rodgers who takes risks and has natural ungodly arm talent. They're not the same guy but if you box score watch you say dak's that dude.

We have a front office who won't play him like hebshhe so played. Having him run designed runs because they are trying to hammer a square peg in a round ole.. The year 3 and 4 transition to grreatness I just don't see. It is on Dak as the field general to have the offense working especially in a game he needs to pass to win and against the Rams he didn't get it done. Then the defense screwed the pooch per usual in the divisional round.
sticky this post as well to the beginning of every Dak thread. Have 100 likes!