Signed by Cowboys Dallas signs RB Ronald Jones

Big_D

Reaction score
A vet with game experience.. nice signing. Now 2 in the draft! Then you have a nice RB room and great competition heading into camp.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not putting any stock in this as-if significant. There was an expectation that he would be a substantial asset in KC last season, but that didn't happen. As far as I can decipher, that wasn't because of injury. He just didn't earn snaps, evidently.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones, Dowdle, Davis, still does not make up the loss for Zeke. :popcorn:
But are a heck of a lot cheaper. So many will be happy. But can they get 12 TD”s.
Unless they do something else at RB, this equates to 3 less wins So far.

Don’t take this so seriously… better say that before any missiles fly. :muttley:

Carson

Reaction score
I don't mind this signing either but is the running back pecking order now Pollard, Jones, Davis and Dowdle?
Pollard
Jones
Davis
Dowdle

Dowdle will likely not make it. Jones is dependent on a draft pick

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Pretty meh but not a bad attempt to help to have a pool to choose from for RBBC. Need a fast dude in the draft too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

This is a good signing for depth purposes. It's small enough that it doesn't preclude us from getting a draft pick and either bumping Jones to third string or even off the roster if Pollard returns to full health and the draft pick is any good. Got to have someone who can step in just in case, and Jones has at least shown that he can.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't mind this signing either but is the running back pecking order now Pollard, Jones, Davis and Dowdle?
Probably until a draft pick changes it up.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I like Jones. I watched him closely (big fantasy player) and thought he was gonna be the man in Tampa, then old man Lenny just had that great playoff run. Jones is young and definitely worth a sort term cheap deal. The guy is hungry and wants touches. This is making the draft easier and easier IMO as the team is setting themsleves up nicely to draft the BPA and not in need of a specific position. Now they can see what comes to them and what seems to be the best fit at the time of the draft.

FA is still ongoing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already an improvement over Zeke. For all those wanting Bijan at 26, he probably won't be there anyway. The Cowboys are going to take a stud OL/DL I think.
Yep....cant wait to do 3 straight delayed handoffs up the clogged middle....wooohooo.

Oh wait.....km is gone.....theres our real improvement.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Curious what made him the 3rd string/healthy scratch in Kansas. Thought he was decent in Tampa to start his career before Fournette took over.
because the chiefs had big draft capital in CEH... wasnt he a first rounder, and that other kid they have runs damn hard and is very explosive also. Just no room for Jones.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Jones doesn't play ST so that's why they re-signed Dowdle this morning. Jones, Dowdle, and Davis will be battling for one spot assuming Dallas drafts a back.

If they don't draft a back, Dowdle is likely secure in his ST role while Jones and Davis battle for RB2 behind Pollard.