Signed by Cowboys Dallas signs RB Ronald Jones

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones doesn't play ST so that's why they re-signed Dowdle this morning. Jones, Dowdle, and Davis will be battling for one spot assuming Dallas drafts a back.

If they don't draft a back, Dowdle is likely secure in his ST role while Jones and Davis battle for RB2 behind Pollard.
It's an embarrassment of riches.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not putting any stock in this as-if significant. There was an expectation that he would be a substantial asset in KC last season, but that didn't happen. As far as I can decipher, that wasn't because of injury. He just didn't earn snaps, evidently.
I think the emergence of Pacheco changed all of that. Kid was a steal in the 7th.

lkelly

Reaction score
I wonder how much is guaranteed. Could be a placeholder that gets kicked to the curb if a draft pick or two look like they will pan out in camp.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not putting any stock in this as-if significant. There was an expectation that he would be a substantial asset in KC last season, but that didn't happen. As far as I can decipher, that wasn't because of injury. He just didn't earn snaps, evidently.
He didn't. May have just been a bad fit or early struggles that put him behind the other backs. I don't know. I guess we'll find out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't mind this signing either but is the running back pecking order now Pollard, Jones, Davis and Dowdle?
that is what I would think it is.
They wont draft one high, jones is replacement for elliot I think.
They may not draft a rb at all or wait till round 5.....oh they traded that one lol, so 6 or 7.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
For those bragging about what Jones did back in 2020, his total stats for the last 2 years: 118 carries 498 yards 5 td's

He played in only 5 of 17 regular season games in '22 ( he was inactive the first 10 games because he couldn't crack the roster) and 15 of 17 games in '21....and of the 20 of 34 games played the last 2 seasons he only had 1 occasion where he carried for more than 10 carries in a game, 3 games where he carried exactly 10 times, and the rest of the games was between 0-9 carries.....

So I am at a loss why Dallas signed this guy yet refused to sign D'Onta Foreman who has had 2 good last 2 seasons and signed for only $3M.

Carson

Reaction score
For those bragging about what Jones did back in 2020, his total stats for the 2 years: 118 carries 498 yards 5 td's

He played in only 5 of 17 regular season games in '22 ( he was inactive the first 10 games because he couldn't crack the roster) and 15 of 17 games in '21....and of the 20 of 34 games played the last 2 seasons he only had 1 occasion where he carried for more than 10 carries in a game, 3 games where he carried exactly 10 times, and the rest of the games was between 0-9 carries.....

So I am at a loss why Dallas signed this guy yet refused to sign D'Onta Foreman who has had 2 good last 2 seasons and signed for only $3M.
We don’t know the full story, but it’s possible Foreman likely wants touches and feels he can be a focal point. Jones likely comfortable in the position.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good signing. We all knew they would bring in a vet. Now I wonder if they will bring in another to compete with Jones.

For the record, I still believe the Cowboys draft a RB in the first half of the draft. This is just a complementary piece.

No he's fine but someone to battle with Davis a ROOKIE