Signed by Cowboys Dallas signs RB Ronald Jones

USArmyVet

Reaction score
We would have to go back to 2016 to find a version of Zeke that could make that exact run.
I'm no fan of Zeke but you defending Ronald Jones by belittling Zeke given their respective careers is laughable. Ronald Jones had 1 decent season which saw him rush 192 times for 978 yards (which included the 98-yard run) in 2020....never has he had a 1,000-yard season and since that 2020 season Jones has 498 yards on 118 carries the last 2 seasons.....and for his 5 year career Jones has 2,244 yards.....a total Zeke easily surpassed his first 2 years in the league...and in the last 2 years (Zeke's 'decline' years) he has amassed 1,878 yards....

garyv

Reaction score
Just stop! They are filling out the depth chart for camp so they feel better passing up a RB in the 1st and 2nd round in order to address higher needs.
You are probably correct this way they can take best player on their board and it may not be a RB. Tell me if I'm
wrong but take Pollard and take Ronald Jones don't we need a more power back for short yardage and goal line.
Both these guys are quicker and twitch type runners.

Ken

Reaction score
Ya I get all of that...but the fact remains...Zeke couldn't make that run the last 4 or 5 years.

Skafko

Reaction score
He will not make a final roster ( baring injuries). He is pathetic in pass block. He does not play in special teams unit.
We have our rb1 (Pollard) who is bad in pass protect. We have no place for rb2 who is bad in pass protection on rb3 who doesnt contribute to special teams.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If Bijan happens to fall in our laps like Cee Dee did you can't pass on him. We don't have a legit 3 down back on the roster.
If he’s there after 20, there will be people trying to move up.

Ken

Reaction score
...and Jones couldn't do much beyond that 98-yard run in his 5-year career.
His 978 was 1 yard less than Zeke had in 2020.

It underscores how far and how much zeke held us back that this guy can come in here and fill his role.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
His 978 was 1 yard less than Zeke had in 2020.

It underscores how far and how much zeke held us back that this guy can come in here and fill his role.
Jones accomplished his 978 yards after his first 2 years saw him rush for 44 yards and 724 yards with a total of 195 carries heading into his 978 yard season.

The reference to Zeke's 2020 year not only saw him with a back-up QB due to Dak's injury (thereby allowing defenses to focus on stopping the run) but also heading into the 2020 season Zeke had already racked up 1,169 carries...or just about 6 times the amount of carries Jones had....and Jones never had more rushing yards in a season than Zeke save for 2022 when Zeke had 876 yards....so in a season that near everyone was saying Zeke was done, he still managed to rush for 102 yards less than Jones' best career rushing season.....and that speaks volumes......and so does the fact Jones was a healthy inactive for the first 10 games with KC because he simply could not crack the roster.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Washed up? How do you figure? He’s been in the league four years, is only 25, and has low mileage.
Look he had 1 good year. He's not a short yardage power back that would compliment pollard well. There's a reason he played so little last year. and Personally i'd rather they draft a young guy and see what he can do till pollard is healthy then split the carries.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Look he had 1 good year. He's not a short yardage power back that would compliment pollard well. There's a reason he played so little last year. and Personally i'd rather they draft a young guy and see what he can do till pollard is healthy then split the carries.
And we can still do that. I’m hoping we draft a RB in the first four rounds. These other guys can battle it out for Carrie’s.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And we can still do that. I’m hoping we draft a RB in the first four rounds. These other guys can battle it out for Carrie’s.
I hope they do too. Someone posted earlier that they usually have 6 RB's in camp. So some of these guys will get cut before the season starts and hey if RJ beats out some young dudes then more power to him. I'm not mad if he does I just don't think he can.

starfan1

Reaction score
All this arguing bout nothing it was a good signing if pollard is healthy come game 1 he’ll be the guy . We got 4 backs in the stable now and I can see another being drafted

Not sure Robinson falls into our lap but if he does you grab him. I do think OL is our biggest need beyond 1 tech but I just don’t see much in the draft at DL that weighs in over 300 early.

I do see some quality on the offensive line we need a guard and I’m ok with that being pick 1

This TE business I hear is blasphemy lol.

DanA

Reaction score
I remember him being a very upright runner that’s decent in space but not that good between the tackles. To be honest I don’t love the signing.