Signed by Cowboys Dallas signs RB Ronald Jones

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope. I just understand roster construction and you are expecting madden trades for studs all over the field.

I know what i post and what I am wrong about, it isn't at all a chronic issue by any stretch.
you are wrong here "Guarantee this same poster was saying Zeke still got it though....lol" im expecting absolutely nothing. so you are wrong there too. the only thing we'll agree on is you think you know roster construction.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why he sucks? Stop signing unnecessary players. Draft a rb
They likely still will draft a TB. Jones is just a cheap flier for depth purposes. He's probably so cheap they could cut him this year and not really feel any real cap pain.

Sydla

Reaction score
For those bragging about what Jones did back in 2020, his total stats for the last 2 years: 118 carries 498 yards 5 td's

He played in only 5 of 17 regular season games in '22 ( he was inactive the first 10 games because he couldn't crack the roster) and 15 of 17 games in '21....and of the 20 of 34 games played the last 2 seasons he only had 1 occasion where he carried for more than 10 carries in a game, 3 games where he carried exactly 10 times, and the rest of the games was between 0-9 carries.....

So I am at a loss why Dallas signed this guy yet refused to sign D'Onta Foreman who has had 2 good last 2 seasons and signed for only $3M.
Because my guess is they still plan on going RB in the draft and they don't necessarily need a guy to be the 2nd stringer. He's just insurance.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jones is a classic washed up RB. Probably super cheap and probably doesn't make it through training camp on this roster.
Washed up? How do you figure? He’s been in the league four years, is only 25, and has low mileage.

_sturt_

Reaction score
He should have been their short yardage back, imo.

Looks at the splits for 3 yards and under situations for first downs:

Jones was 3 of 4 with a td.
Pacheco was 15 of 26
McKinnon was 4 of 15
and
Hellaire was 11 of 18.
Extremely small sample size, tho, my friend.

Bigger takeaway to me is that he couldn't even impress enough to get that much of a role.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why are you so negative all the time?
Did you not read about what he did in short yardage????

It is a role we need to fill if you have Pollard on your team. This is a CYA in case they can't find one in the draft.
1st quarter

13 yards on 1st & 10

2nd quarter

7 yards on 1st & 10
8 yards on 2nd & 3
4 yards on 1st & goal
1 yard on 3rd & goal
0 yards on 4th & goal

1st half stats 6 carries for 33 yards

3rd quarter

(TB winning 28-9 by this point)

3 yards on 2nd & 4
2 yards on 3rd & 1

4th quarter

(TB winning 31-9 at this point)

4 yards on 1st & 10
7 yards on 2nd & 6
8 yards on 1st & 10
4 yards on 2nd & 2

2nd half stats 6 carries for 28 yards

So please show me where Jones had such a big game when he failed to punch it in during the 2nd quarter and got some garbage time carries when the game was all but done.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Did you know RJ Runs for 98 yards for a TD..?
1:35 Mark..

Most of these doomsayers will watch that and ignore it and still say he’s slow.

That run in particular is an eye opener for anyone saying he’s washed.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is the first move this offseason that I didn't care for.

I just have never seen much explosion or dynamic plays and don't see the point. I was fine with Pollard, Davis, Dowdle (didn't really love this signing although he is a very solid special teams player) and drafting someone.

Seems like a progress stopper move to me. He better be cheap, I haven't seen the terms yet.
Watch this. 1:36 mark. Definition of explosive and dynamic play.

The video is full of high effort plays.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Most of these doomsayers will watch that and ignore it and still say he’s slow.

That run in particular is an eye opener for anyone saying he’s washed.
That 98-yard run was from 2020.

KDM256

Reaction score
Don't mind the signing, but slight concern with the fumbles. Could see him manning down the 3rd string spot or getting cut trimming the roster down to 53. Could go either way.

Still hopeful we can draft Gibbs to pair with Pollard. And pick up a thumper like Chris Rodriguez as UDFA

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They likely still will draft a TB. Jones is just a cheap flier for depth purposes. He's probably so cheap they could cut him this year and not really feel any real cap pain.
I would think that's the plan. Heading toward the draft and season with one injured running back and two UDFAs who have barely sniffed the field would not be a good plan. Jones gives us a little insurance for however the draft falls and however Pollard's rehab goes.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is exactly what it is

Dude got benched so many times under Bruce Arians and was an after thought in KC last year. 4th on their depth chart.

Id rather have Zeke at whatever the Cowboys are going to be paying h
I just dont want the Eagles to draft Robinson
I don’t think you need to worry about that unless they take him at 10 but most mocks have them going CB at thet spot.

And, if they do take him too 10 there’s not a thing the cowboys could do about it anyway.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If Bijan happens to fall in our laps like Cee Dee did you can't pass on him. We don't have a legit 3 down back on the roster.