Dallas to host Alfred Morris on Monday

Plankton

Reaction score
His numbers have gone down each year, but if he has anything left in the tank, he's a good fit for a ZBS run game. I'd rather they add a rookie from the draft, but you could do worse.

Sydla

Reaction score
I dont know how i feel about this move, his numbers dropped significantly when RG3 got hurt. If there is not threat of the QB to run, he isnt very effective. Just draft a RB

I suspect that's the plan but they want to add a veteran behind McFadden and Dunbar to go with the rookie.

Not sure how I feel on Morris. I think I'd rather kick the tires on Arian Foster, first, injuries and all.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Haha

"Why aren't signing any big names!?|

"Alfred Morris coming in for visit"

"HE SUCKS!!!"

This would be a good signing. A real good signing. The run blocking in Washington has declined quite a bit since Morris' 2012 season (Product of the read option, yes)

slick325

Reaction score
I suspect that's the plan but they want to add a veteran behind McFadden and Dunbar to go with the rookie.

Not sure how I feel on Morris. I think I'd rather kick the tires on Arian Foster, first, injuries and all.

So you think they will carry 4 RB's? Maybe 5 if they add a FB? Tough to do that with the holes on the DL and one will likely be inactive on game day.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Haha

"Why aren't signing any big names!?|

"Alfred Morris coming in for visit"

"HE SUCKS!!!"

This would be a good signing. A real good signing. The run blocking in Washington has declined quite a bit since Morris' 2012 season (Product of the read option, yes)

Yeah that line has been absolutely horrible, last year they were somewhat decent but behind our line. He could have a rebirth like McFadden

Last edited:

qlaz2000

Benched
Reaction score
This is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing in a Cowboy uniform. Probably not as versatile as we would like (limited as a receiver), but he is a North/South runner who can follow good blocking and rack up a lot of yards.

He had that one good year in the read offense with RG, he might be good enough to get about 200 yards in a season for us but not carry the load for 16 games. Draft Zeke and call it a day.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had that one good year in the read offense with RG, he might be good enough to get about 200 yards in a season for us but not carry the load for 16 games. Draft Zeke and call it a day.

The Cowboys don't need someone to carry the load for 16 games. They need a solid compliment to McFadden. It's easlity worth looking at Morris to see if he might be that guy.