Dallas to host Alfred Morris on Monday

qlaz2000

Benched
Reaction score
I think people might need to come to the realization that the Cowboy sDO truly value their offensive line and probably aren't drafting Elliot or Henry.

What's the use of having an all pro OL and a mediocre RB. Why not get a RB with power, vision and speed. Oh yeah, that makes to much sense.... I don't want a 1000 yard back I want a 1500 yard all pro future HOFer back, Zeke might not be a HOFer but he gives us hope, more than what McFadden gives us.

robjay04

Reaction score
I think people might need to come to the realization that the Cowboy sDO truly value their offensive line and probably aren't drafting Elliot or Henry.

Elliott? I hope. Henry makes sense though.

Dallas worked out virtually every running back last draft. I have no doubt that they would've taken a running back if Gregory didn't fall to us in the second. I think Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, David Johnson or even TJ Yeldon fell to us in the appropriate round.

We did have interest in trading for Demarco Murray, bringing in Forte, Miller or even AP last year. The interest is there but we are just stubborn in what we will give up or pay for a RB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My only issue with this would be he's not much of a receiver, or at least, he was never viewed as one in Washington. So I feel we'd have to really go the committee route IF it's just McFadden, Morris, and Dunbar.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hell, he has only been in the league for 4 freaking years!!!

RB shelf life is roughly that, especially when you look at how his touches have gone. At the most you sign him to a prove-it one year deal.

Anything else is playing with fire.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we go with McFadden as our #1 our run game is in trouble. Yes, McFadden had 1k yards but that was one of the worst 1k yards I ever have seen especially as a Cowboy. McFadden did not make 1 big play that affected the outcome of the game. We can not lean on McFadden this year.

P.S. I think I counted McFadden for roughly 12 broken tackles last year. Troy Hambrick 2.0 is all I see in Mcfadden

So, you think the outcome of the games last year was on McFadden rather than poor QB play? Did it ever occur to you that had we had a balanced offense with an actual passing threat McFadden's contribution would have been perceived very differently? It would be ridiculous to compare the situation McFadden had with the one Murray had the year before. Balanced offense, team winning, a QB who forces the opposing defense to stop the pass instead of focusing on the run .... McFadden didn't get to play under those circumstances.

By the way, if you are watching every single game and keeping a log of every single broken tackle you seriously need to get out of the house and find something else to do.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What's the use of having an all pro OL and a mediocre RB. Why not get a RB with power, vision and speed. Oh yeah, that makes to much sense.... I don't want a 1000 yard back I want a 1500 yard all pro future HOFer back, Zeke might not be a HOFer but he gives us hope, more than what McFadden gives us.

Because there's not many with that kind of talent that comes cheap? Draft an RB in the top 5 is expensive for an RB who doesn't even have the ceiling of the usual backs drafted around there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only issue with this would be he's not much of a receiver, or at least, he was never viewed as one in Washington. So I feel we'd have to really go the committee route IF it's just McFadden, Morris, and Dunbar.

This is a fair point of discussion. It appears he is not the ideal player from the standpoint of being a dual threat.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If he's signed it should be for a very small guarantee on a 1 year deal. Basically a camp invitation for a vet. Draft a RB like Booker in the 3rd or Howard in the 4th and take them all to camp. Theres a good chance Dunbar starts on puo anyways. Just sign him to a deal that we can easily get out of when trimming the roster. Otherwise pass.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Haha

"Why aren't signing any big names!?|

"Alfred Morris coming in for visit"

"HE SUCKS!!!"

This would be a good signing. A real good signing. The run blocking in Washington has declined quite a bit since Morris' 2012 season (Product of the read option, yes)

For a slow rb, sure.

qlaz2000

Benched
Reaction score
Because there's not many with that kind of talent that comes cheap? Draft an RB in the top 5 is expensive for an RB who doesn't even have the ceiling of the usual backs drafted around there.

Drafting anyone in the top 5 is gonna cost, good thing it's not going to cost us top 5 money like it use to cost, therefore let's stop talking about money and cost. I guarantee any one of you guys here that if Minnesota had offer Adrian Peterson to us last year for a 2nd round pick, Jerry would have jumped on that trade in a heartbeat along with his 10+ million $ salary a year and we all would have been happy.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RB shelf life is roughly that, especially when you look at how his touches have gone. At the most you sign him to a prove-it one year deal.

Anything else is playing with fire.

lol. He has proved plenty since joining the league.

Plankton

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Drafting anyone in the top 5 is gonna cost, good thing it's not going to cost us top 5 money like it use to cost, therefore let's stop talking about money and cost. I guarantee any one of you guys here that if Minnesota had offer Adrian Peterson to us last year for a 2nd round pick, Jerry would have jumped on that trade in a heartbeat along with his 10+ million $ salary a year and we all would have been happy.

We have to talk about money and cost because Jones has made it about money and cost.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This offense would have success running the ball with McFadden & Morris... no doubt in my mind.

Doesn't mean they still would not draft a guy, but I think the chances of drafting a back in the first round is slim to none.

superonyx

Reaction score
With Alfred Morris and Dunbar the defenses will be calling our plays with crazy accuracy depending on which member of the committee was in the game.

I can't remember the last time we played the Commanders and I even cared when Alfred Morris was handed the ball.
With us showing interest in Forte, Murray and now Morris it looks like we are only interested in a boring big body stiff back without explosion or big play potential. We've had several on our roster since Demarco left.

It's going to be all on you Tony....