Twitter: Dallas Tweets 09/30

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I agree, I just take some measure of comfort in the fact that Mayfield isn't on the same level of the Super Bowl quarterbacks we've faced for the first three weeks of the season.

Problem is he goes hot and cold, same as Beckom, we have to hope he's cold this week. Having him at home is a small plus...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Problem is he goes hot and cold, same as Beckom, we have to hope he's cold this week. Having him at home is a small plus...

he’s due for a low game. He played good last week and against the Bengals. Browns are like the Cowboys. Overhyped and so cocky when they win, they lose. But Dallas is pretty bad so I’m not so sure this will happen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It should be Smith and Knight on each side if smith can play, never understood why Steele started over Knight.

I believe it was because Knight was dinged up. Essentially our top three tackles (Smith, Collins and Knight) have missed time because of injury. I think Knight possibly could have played in the opener (I believe he was active), but I believe his injury is what led to Steele getting the nod. Could be wrong, though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Baker won't win or lose the game for them. In their 2 wins he only has 16 completions in each game averaging less than 200 yards. I'm not counting the blowout loss to Baltimore. They're going try to run the ball down our throats.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think this week is the week to be aggressive on D. Mayfield is not in the same class the first 3 QBs and I think we can force some mistakes out of him. We should man up, I think we play better in Man anyway and run blitz all day.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's funny that when pass rushers don't get sacks, they start to look at 'pressures'. Pressures that sure don't seem to be limiting opposing quarterbacks from 'bombs away' down the field.

The same lame excuses were constantly made for Crawford too.
Pressures are a good thing overall.

But what's the qualifier? If a QB is pressured but completes a bomb for a TD, does it count?

Point being if a player doesnt get an actual sack but forces a QB into a throw away or mistake, that's one thing....

I dont know the answer as to if a "pressure" with a positive result for the offense actually counts.

Does it? If so it's a crap stat.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Just man up and blitz the hell out of opposing quarterbacks. You're already getting beat down the field anyway, may as well get some pressure and hits along the way.

I agree you might even get a tunrover or something, whats the diference between getting burned on play 4 or play 8???

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But what's the qualifier? If a QB is pressured but completes a bomb for a TD, does it count?

Point being if a player doesnt get an actual sack but forces a QB into a throw away or mistake, that's one thing....

I dont know the answer as to if a "pressure" with a positive result for the offense actually counts.

I consider it a crap stat because it lacks any qualifiers, as you mentioned. Crawford was getting credit by some for 'pressures' which consisted of Aaron Rodgers side-stepping his slow *** and completing a big pass downfield.

Why should a player somehow get 'credit' for that?

It's like a participation trophy - 'thanks for showing up!'

817Gill

Reaction score
I believe it was because Knight was dinged up. Essentially our top three tackles (Smith, Collins and Knight) have missed time because of injury. I think Knight possibly could have played in the opener (I believe he was active), but I believe his injury is what led to Steele getting the nod. Could be wrong, though.
Heard about that as well but the thing that gives me pause is I read from one of the insiders that the coaches didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about Knight when he did participate in camp and the first unofficial depth chart had him as a G. Makes me feel like he was in the dog house for some reason or another.

Definitely seems like the clear cut swing-T at this point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think it varies greatly, depending on the secondary.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I consider it a crap stat because it lacks any qualifiers, as you mentioned. Crawford was getting credit by some for 'pressures' which consisted of Aaron Rodgers side-stepping his slow *** and completing a big pass downfield.

Why should a player somehow get 'credit' for that?

It's like a participation trophy - 'thanks for showing up!'
That's what I was asking. Does it actually count in that case? I dont know the answer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I was asking. Does it actually count in that case? I dont know the answer.

I think it still counts as a pressure, yes. A big reason why I feel the stat is useless, because it is fact so subjective.