Twitter: Dallas Tweets 09/30

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think it still counts as a pressure, yes. A big reason why I feel the stat is useless, because it is fact so subjective.
It really should have to result in a negative play for the offense or not be a pressure.

Then again, a tackle eight yards downfield (aka Jaylon special) is still a tackle.

kumizi

Reaction score

Lawrence hasn't been good when you consider his 0 sacks this year and 5 sacks last year but he hasn't been as bad as people bashing on him constantly especially if you consider he's playing hurt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence hasn't been good when you consider his 0 sacks this year and 5 sacks last year but he hasn't been as bad as people bashing on him constantly especially if you consider he's playing hurt.

What are reasonable expectations for a player making $20 million?

starfan1

Reaction score
I was listening to Cavenaugh on the fan G-Bag nation. anyway he was talking about a stat he got from somewhere it was a win% stat how often the cowboys lineman beat their their blocker and get pressure. It dont always end in tack or sack but actually beating their blocker.

well he said that the better players in the league the donalds' the watts,the jordons etc are between 20 and 30%. The highest on our squad was 18% Aldon Smith If I remember correctly Lawrence was 12%. What struck me was Griffin. 0% win percentage. what a wasted FA

no I dont have a link it was on Jeff and Brian segment of the day i believe

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just man up and blitz the hell out of opposing quarterbacks. You're already getting beat down the field anyway, may as well get some pressure and hits along the way.

Not a bad idea. It's not like our secondary is helping at all. So, blitz the QB pretty much every play, and occasionally mix it up to look like a blitz and then bail as the ball is snapped. May get a few takeaways from it actually.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
he’s due for a low game. He played good last week and against the Bengals. Browns are like the Cowboys. Overhyped and so cocky when they win, they lose. But Dallas is pretty bad so I’m not so sure this will happen.

I certainly hope Mayfield has one of his cold games when he plays us. We need that kind of game from him.

starfan1

Reaction score
Lawrence hasn't been the same since his surgery. He is still a good run defender but in terms of rushing the passer he is not what he once was.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I agree, I just take some measure of comfort in the fact that Mayfield isn't on the same level of the Super Bowl quarterbacks we've faced for the first three weeks of the season.

History says this team will make him look better than Mahomes. Look at all the nobody QBs that have lit this team up over the years.

Carson

Reaction score
I certainly hope Mayfield has one of his cold games when he plays us. We need that kind of game from him.

From what I’ve seen, he’s been pretty pedestrian all season. The Bengals have a bad defense and it took 5 Washington turnovers for them to really pull away. Their offense runs through Chubb despite having solid receivers.

With that being said, he likely has a Flynn/Trubisky/Darnold/McCown game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
History says this team will make him look better than Mahomes. Look at all the nobody QBs that have lit this team up over the years.

Good point, but I'm hoping that the change of defenses will confuse lesser quarterbacks at least a little more than Marinelli's pain-by-numbers schemes ever did.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, he’s been pretty pedestrian all season. The Bengals have a bad defense and it took 5 Washington turnovers for them to really pull away. Their offense runs through Chubb despite having solid receivers.

With that being said, he likely has a Flynn/Trubisky/Darnold/McCown game.

Yeah, I'm concerned that our D will, like they did with Trubisky last year in Chicago, make him look like Kurt Warner.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lawrence hasn't been the same since his surgery. He is still a good run defender but in terms of rushing the passer he is not what he once was.
which is why i fear paying pass rushers. they generally have a relatively brief period where they are "league leaders". By the time they get the contract their "window" of being elite is closing & all you have done is pay for past production.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Heard about that as well but the thing that gives me pause is I read from one of the insiders that the coaches didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about Knight when he did participate in camp and the first unofficial depth chart had him as a G. Makes me feel like he was in the dog house for some reason or another.

Definitely seems like the clear cut swing-T at this point.

Well, if he was coming off injury, he could have just been slow out of the gate. This staff hadn't seen him before so there was no reason to give him credit for last year's performance.