Game Day ***Dallas vs Washington Post Game thread***

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Honestly that game doesn't change my opinion of them in the slightest. They are who they are. One and done, here we come.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Prescott will say.....

He has to be better. He knows what kind of team this is. He looks forward to proving the doubters wrong. etc. etc. etc.

MS17

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Every time I see this, without fail, I bust out laughing. Hard
Laughter releases endorphins, which are the body's natural pain killers. and heaven knows, we need all the endorphins we can muster after that display v. Washington today. Pitiful.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If there's anything that could cheer we Cowboys fans up, it's this.

Commanders had nothing to play for except next year. Borderline players were auditioning for 2023-24. To wit, they played all out. Cowboys could not match that, and shouldn't, there's a playoff game next weekend, on the road to boot. Can't get all fired up for a game that doesn't affect their playoff seeding. The chances of the Eagles AND the 49ers both losing was miniscule, I'm sure everybody on the team knew that.

Add to that they were playing a rookie qb, they have zero idea what he can do, how he throws, how he runs, etc. If it was rare for a rookie qb to win their first game that'd be one thing, but it's not that rare. Being an unknown qb does have its advantages.

But here's the thing - if Washington was really as good as they played tonight, they would NOT have been 7-8-1. The Cowboys were not "up" for this game, and I suspect that was intended. No way the Commanders are 20 pts better than Dallas at this point.

Yes, Dallas needs to play much better, but they aren't as bad as they looked tonight. No way.

Put this game in the rear-view mirror and get ready for Tampa....

Last edited:

gmb1

Reaction score
Alright, I need someone to convince me we won't be one and done.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I just wonder though if KM and MM decided to come into this game very vanilla thinking they could do so and get both a victory and at the same time not give away anything on tape......

Creeper

Reaction score
Todays game is going to change a lot of minds about the Cowboys. That was their first string team that went out there and laid that egg on the field.

I am trying to find some silver lining but I can't. None of the CBs who played opposite Diggs were any good. Wright proved again that he is a huge liability coming out of breaks.

The DTs try hard but are mostly mediocre. The pass rush is better but undisciplined. They all rush from one side of the other and leave huge gaps from QBs to tuck and run.

As bad as the Defense was, the offense was worse. Ten 3 and outs. TEN! What did they have 3 or 4 drives that were not 3 and outs? That is an unreal statistic. Dak was 14 for 37. But it wasn't just the low completion percentage. He was throwing dump-offs to Pollard that were in the dirt! Imagine if the Giants actually beat the Eagles and the Cowboys played this game to give away the division.

This is why Dak is not worth $40 million or anything close to $40 million. He was worse that the Commanders rookie who never played an NFL game. How about the pick 6 he threw right after almost throwing a pick 6 on the pass before that.
If it wasn't for how bad the rest of the team played Dak would be getting a lot of well deserved criticism right now.

And now Dak, and the rest of the team, are going into the playoffs after playing this kind of stinker. One and done, folks. The Cowboys are a team in big trouble.

And btw, my vote for team MVP is for Terence Steele. Since he got hurt the Cowboys cannot run the football at all. Zeke's long for the day was 4 yards. Pollard's was 5. Dak had the longest run of all the RBs at 9. They all averaged 2.4 yards per rush. The Commanders averaged 4.9 with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Perhaps the 19-3 loss they took vs the Bucs in week 1 was who they really are.

toto1939

Reaction score
Disappointed in myself for wasting 3 hours of my life watching that s- show

Buzzbait

Reaction score
McCarthy said it was a rough week getting ready for this game. Implied the guys are tired from a grueling 17 game season. There's a lot of moving parts. Basically said we got to insta-forget this one when we get on the bus and correct all those mistakes....IN JUST ONE WEEK! HAH!

That's comforting...NOT.
WAAAHHHHH! The guys are tired my rear end. What about every other team out there this weekend that played their tails off Mike???
There's NO excuse whatsoever for such a stinking performance as that. And as long as they have somebody to make up stupid excuses for them, they'll keep on taking advantage of it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well lets give wash credit, they out coached,and out played dallas today! they were more motivated too.
I just wonder where was this wash team last week ???? they could be in the playoffs , if they had changed qb, and played like this last week.

I think our players just assumed phil would win so did not care about winning this game.
If they were trying, then they could be one and done in playoffs.