Dallas will have a losing record

DonaldM

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think he's full of it. If you watch some games on you tube from the 90s, even late 80s, those guys are flying around and the games look way more aggressive and violent. You can tell immediately. The game today is by far softer. It more resembles sandlot football out in the field with your friends. QB in shotgun, everyone going out for a pass.[/QUOTEi don't think Erod is FOS either but what you are seeing is mostly due to rule changes. There are hundreds of super physical players out there. And a bunch of pansies so I get it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I don’t think this team is going anywhere, I think we will be a decent team again. And yes I do predict we will make the playoffs again. Not sure about winning the NFC East though as our competition has made some pretty bold off-season moves and I look for things to be more competitive in the NFC East.

That said, Until this team find someway to be hungry and fight for all it’s worth, and get off the stardom bandwagon of being a cowboy, this team will continue to repeat what it’s been doing for what seems like centuries. Underperforming
If we dont win the east we arent in playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dallas will have a losing record this season. This will be the last year for Zeke and Dak with Cowboys.
it may very well happen. I think if eagles do a few things right, they are probably going to win the division next year. they have 3 first round picks and 5 of the top 100 picks. so hitting 50% would make them a tough opponent since they went 9-7 and made the playoffs. and they kind of found their identity the second half of the season. I don't much stock in our second win against them.

also, I think it maybe the last year with Zeke, but not sure if last year with Dak. Jerry is going to continue to give him more chances for another couple of years at least.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
…..not as long as the other 3 teams in the NFC East remain horse dung
depends on how eagles do, they have 3 first round picks and can pick up some talent. they were a playoff team now with three first round picks. imagine if we did.

Flamma

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we fans appreciate the value of players is the trenches more than the FO does. They are repeatedly enamored with the “skill positions” over the big uglies on both sides of the ball.

every draft a lot of us clamor for that line toughness pick ,and we wind up with Cee Dee Lamb instead.

Yeah, a WR drafted high in the first round is a curiosity. In most cases it's not helping you. Sure if you're drafting Randy Moss, Terrell Ownes, or Jerry Rice, it's worth it. But how often does that happen? Even Megatron was a good pick. But in most cases a WR in the first round is a waste.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah, a WR drafted high in the first round is a curiosity. In most cases it's not helping you. Sure if you're drafting Randy Moss, Terrell Ownes, or Jerry Rice, it's worth it. But how often does that happen? Even Megatron was a good pick. But in most cases a WR in the first round is a waste.
Yep, given the option, throwing picks at the O-line will improve our passing game (run and reduce deep coverage) than any one WR.
One word - 'Coop'

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If we can get the O-Line revamped, this team could be dangerous, even with Dak. People underestimate the value of the O-line. Or how much it hurts us when it's not in top form. The credit and blame others.

The one thing I do like about Dak, it's that he doesn't act like a slighted washwoman. Like Watson, Mayfield, Wentz, and Kyler Murray. Embrace the competition, don't act like you broke up with your significant other.

At this point I'm not blaming Dak. I'm blaming those that put the team around him. But his contract was really bad. Worse than the Zeke contract. There's a boatload of money being pushed forward for an above average QB. They're paying him, but they're not helping him.

Exactly, and he did what he should do in his positio, which is try to get what he could. Had Jerry not procrastinated with the tag, he could have signed Dak for about $35 mil the year before, which is about where I thought Dak should have been paid. Yet, Jerry 1. Let the oline slip, and 2. Took far too long to realise you do need a defence.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wow, check out da fox by the elevator in your sig….va va voom!

must be a lot of Interspecies hookups going on at those conventions.

Oh there are. That fox is a friend of mine too lol. Foxes are very common at these events. In fact, my character is one of the rarer types.

Flamma

Reaction score
Delete your account if you're wrong.

I don't doubt he's wrong. Because they can't cut Dak. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas had a losing record. The team isn't that good. But they'll most likely be in the .500 range like they usually are.

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly, and he did what he should do in his positio, which is try to get what he could. Had Jerry not procrastinated with the tag, he could have signed Dak for about $35 mil the year before, which is about where I thought Dak should have been paid. Yet, Jerry 1. Let the oline slip, and 2. Took far too long to realise you do need a defence.

It's like the old saying goes, crap or get off the pot. Just like Mayfield supposedly turned down 30M a year last year, word has it that Dak wanted to prove himself as well. All that does is hurt the team. Best case scenario for a team is to sign their QB after their 3rd year. That helps the team. Mayfield screwed himself, Dak screwed the Cowboys. But hey, these guys are looking out for themselves, not the team.

GMO415

Reaction score
Iggles and NY are a mess. Dallas is still far superior over them. I don't see 8-9 or worse.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, but if we draft in the top 5 next season we could get our next QB and release Dak to high bidders the following year. Our OL regressed last season and is the main reason we tanked the last seven games. Dak is not now nor will ever be Brady. He needs loads of support to be successful.

Well if we are using the criteria of Brady then I don't see any team with that and will go through a lot of QB in the attempt to find the next Brady

kskboys

Reaction score
Hope so. We could sure use some higher draft picks to help reset.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't doubt he's wrong. Because they can't cut Dak. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas had a losing record. The team isn't that good. But they'll most likely be in the .500 range like they usually are.
You can delete yours too. The knee jerk around here has hit epic levels.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas will have a losing record this season. This will be the last year for Zeke and Dak with Cowboys.

Not sure about a losing season, but they may hover around the .500 mark. Can't expect them to sweep the East this time, and we all know how bad they are against the AFC and above .500 teams. Last year for Zeke, Dak will remain the catalyst for our underwhelming, underachieving team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's dead cap hit would be $89 million if Dallas releases him in 2023.:muttley:
original.gif