Dallas Will Make A Splash

rick2248

Reaction score
Jerry's words and the fact that this team finished the season with only 4 wins is enough for Jerry to do some things in the off season that will ultimately prevent another sub par season. Jerry and family are about to make some huge decisions that will put this team back at the top of the NFL. The CAP will be exhausted in an attempt to bring the best players to the 2016 roster. The question is... who will be the biggest impact in 2016? I personally like a playmaker on Defense like Bosa. I know most people don't like Manziel but I believe giving up a 7th round pick for a guy who has Romo tendencies would be great as well.

You just keep listening to Jerry this is what you get 152-152 since 1997 and No Super Bowl Trips !!!!:huh:

Stryker44

Reaction score
FWIW, Washington has two folks in their secondary that are worth a crap and they were playing a soft soft zone the second half to protect them. They will get destroyed by Seattle next week. Destroyed.

We were resting our other two yesterday.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Jerry's words and the fact that this team finished the season with only 4 wins is enough for Jerry to do some things in the off season that will ultimately prevent another sub par season. Jerry and family are about to make some huge decisions that will put this team back at the top of the NFL. The CAP will be exhausted in an attempt to bring the best players to the 2016 roster. The question is... who will be the biggest impact in 2016? I personally like a playmaker on Defense like Bosa. I know most people don't like Manziel but I believe giving up a 7th round pick for a guy who has Romo tendencies would be great as well.

Well hey bud! I can't agree more.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score

I was close to drowning with the last big splash.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Is "Big Splash" the new "Secret Sauce"?

Ill be waiting and ancitipating the "Big Splash" for the 2016 season. championship!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I just dont see the hot shot qb worthy of top 5. I think there is a few QB's that could develop into something in all rounds of this draft, but there is no Aikman, Luck or Peyton in this class.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
well, i guess it's kinda like Clove said earlier in the 'End of the Year Review' thread: we don't know.

and that is the truth, too. we really don't know... we're all just playing hunches. that's life... ain't it fun?But seriously, whomever the backup QB turns out to be - we really don't want him playing next season anyway... am I right?

But it's more than just a hunch. Life is about patterns. And if a person exhibits a certain pattern of behavior, it's a strongly likelihood he will repeat that pattern.

That's more than just a hunch.

Johnny Manziel has a repeated pattern of disregarding the advice given to him by people of authority in his life. He gets suspended at Texas A&M and is told to be on his best behavior. What does he do after he serves a half of suspension? He makes the money sign.

He is warned about his party image. What does he do? He says he's not going to do it any more and then he's out partying again.

He brings the same behavior to Cleveland. He says all the right things about changing. What does he do? He goes right back to dong the same ole, same ole.

He checks into a rehab facility, promising to get "clean." He gets back and what does he do? He's photographed with a beverage in his hand.

It's one thing after another. And now he wants to come to the highest profiled team in the league. And we expect he's going to be different.

Is it impossible for him to change? No. But are we dumb because we recognize the patterns he has established? Not in the least. In fact, it's pretty wise to recognize the patterns people establish and make sound judgments accordingly.

I think it is Mayo Angelou who said, "When someone shows you who they really are, believe them."

ilykdrama

Reaction score
I totally agree with you that I feel it's a foregone conclusion that it will happen. I just hope that they don't give up anything higher than a 7th rounder for him.

Agreed, with his ability and having to sit for 1-2 seasons, I'd give a 5th-7th (Jones wanted him with the 27th pick.) Him sitting behind a franchise QB will challenge him more than sitting behind a guy he knows he's more talented than.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
But it's more than just a hunch. Life is about patterns. And if a person exhibits a certain pattern of behavior, it's a strongly likelihood he will repeat that pattern.

That's more than just a hunch.

Johnny Manziel has a repeated pattern of disregarding the advice given to him by people of authority in his life. He gets suspended at Texas A&M and is told to be on his best behavior. What does he do after he serves a half of suspension? He makes the money sign.

He is warned about his party image. What does he do? He says he's not going to do it any more and then he's out partying again.

He brings the same behavior to Cleveland. He says all the right things about changing. What does he do? He goes right back to dong the same ole, same ole.

He checks into a rehab facility, promising to get "clean." He gets back and what does he do? He's photographed with a beverage in his hand.

It's one thing after another. And now he wants to come to the highest profiled team in the league. And we expect he's going to be different.

Is it impossible for him to change? No. But are we dumb because we recognize the patterns he has established? Not in the least. In fact, it's pretty wise to recognize the patterns people establish and make sound judgments accordingly.

I think it is Mayo Angelou who said, "When someone shows you who they really are, believe them."

i can't disagree with your assertions - past behavior reveals tendencies which can't be ignored. but young people are highly capable of change - much more capable than us old fogies. :oldcouple:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
i can't disagree with your assertions - past behavior reveals tendencies which can't be ignored. but young people are highly capable of change - much more capable than us old fogies. :oldcouple:

Old fogies can change too. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and why do we think Romo wants to start training his replacement ?

If romo had his way (and I think he has more power than Garrett in this thoroughly dysfunctional organization) i bet we don't take a QB in rd 1

I sure hope they're not letting any of that up to him. After all, this is ultimately a business.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
When Manziel was on the board and it was Dallas turn I yelled at the TV " NO not that piece of trouble, just say NO!" I still believe this guy is trouble with a capital T! Cancer is his middle name and a QB that will never be a team player. Please just say NO!!!!!:facepalm:

yea its a horrible idea to bring him back to texas . where he will reunite w his old drinking buddies in the area

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
My question is this. If Jerry can make a splash that will put this team back on top spurred on by this lousy season, what has he been waiting for these last twenty years? It's not like they haven't posted stinkeroo seasons since about 1996.

there difference from losing on the final day in a win and in scenario and being out of it by October 15

btcutter

Reaction score
I just dont see the hot shot qb worthy of top 5. I think there is a few QB's that could develop into something in all rounds of this draft, but there is no Aikman, Luck or Peyton in this class.

I don't know about that.

I don't remember that far back but I think Aikman has much more fanfare than Peyton. To me Geoff is like Peyton coming out of college, student of game with good college pedigree and above average arms. Remember we didn't know Peyton would be Peyton until he played in NFL.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Jesus...we got a second string QB throwing for 435yrds and 3 TDs in his second start...yet we got fans who want to trade draft picks to Cleveland for a washed up drunk.

Pretty sure Jerry reads this board...and people wonder where he gets his ideas from :rolleyes:

I don't think the Commanders even game planed for week 17. Just ran some vanilla sets. Cowboys were running hooks with corners playing soft for 8 yards a pop most of the game when the starters started packing it up.

Moore doesn't have it.

rick2248

Reaction score
Agreed, with his ability and having to sit for 1-2 seasons, I'd give a 5th-7th (Jones wanted him with the 27th pick.) Him sitting behind a franchise QB will challenge him more than sitting behind a guy he knows he's more talented than.

Manziel needs Mental help before he should be allowed to play again in the NFL he needs 60 days in rehab and should have to sit out all of next season drinking again coming to practice drunk football is the last thing this idiot needs has to get his life together !:thumbdown: