Dallas Will Make A Splash

remdak

Reaction score
Maybe they were working on a splash?

capture_20160103_175016-e1451865383683.jpg

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Give me Eric Weedle ... that'll be a big enough splash. Also resign Hardy, trade back in the first and take a RB (Henry or Elliott), draft CB and WR early as well. Oh and trade for Johnny o_O

I'm good with it all except the last part.
Still gave you a "like", just because you may still be hung over from New Year's :)!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if Dallas can acquire manziel for a seventh - take him and never look back. the guy is still just a kid. yeah, some kids go a little overboard on the party thing - but any assessment of manziel as 'washed up' at this early stage of his career is difficult to take seriously. The kid still has lots of athletic potential and Romo (among others) could be a solid influence and possibly offer some needed mentorship.

I really believe he'd be worth a shot if the cost in minimal.

I'm in this corner too. I think he's more capable of learning than RGIII will ever be, and for a 7th round draft pick, it's worth a roll of the dice to find out.

The kid would be told in no uncertain terms that he tows the line or his NFL career is over. If he steps out of line at all, you cut him. If Jones is unwilling to do that, then that's on him.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
After watching this disaster of a season and QB carousel I would welcome Manziel or RGIII to Dallas. There are some good FA also available this year and I feel that Jerry will take care of this before the draft.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
What makes you think Johnny Manziel will even take to mentoring from Romo?
Johnny has some serious issues that keep repeatedly playing themselves out. If he comes to Dallas, he will be a sideshow. And that's not going to help him. In fact, it will feed his celebrity.
No, I don't believe it's worth the risk. But Jerry loves publicity so he likely won't listen. We'll still be 4-12 next year, but we'll have the lights, cameras and actions that Manziel will undoubtedly provide. :(

well, i guess it's kinda like Clove said earlier in the 'End of the Year Review' thread: we don't know.

and that is the truth, too. we really don't know... we're all just playing hunches. that's life... ain't it fun?But seriously, whomever the backup QB turns out to be - we really don't want him playing next season anyway... am I right?

Last edited:

vaturkey

Reaction score
So just say anything no matter it's accuracy? You're welcome, I corrected you. Just say thank you and move on.

No problem at all with being corrected. Lets just say your attitude wasn't professional in the least.

dallasdave

Reaction score
well, i guess it's kinda like Clove said earlier in the 'End of the Year Review' thread: we don't know.

and that is the truth, too. we really don't know... we're all just playing hunches. that's life... ain't it fun?But seriously, whomever the backup QB turns out to be - we really don't want him playing next season anyway... am I right?

:lmao2:Love that picture !!!

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Eric Berry would be a big splash. Seems highly unlikely though, as I think he stays in KC. I've seen Weddle's name brought up a lot, but he's already 30 and will be looking for big $$. No thanks.

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm in this corner too. I think he's more capable of learning than RGIII will ever be, and for a 7th round draft pick, it's worth a roll of the dice to find out.

The kid would be told in no uncertain terms that he tows the line or his NFL career is over. If he steps out of line at all, you cut him. If Jones is unwilling to do that, then that's on him.

I'd take either of those kids, Manziel or RGIII. they both have tons of potential and might really blossom and produce in the right environment. I'm completely on board with any reasonable financial or pick-centric move that lands either of them in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take either of those kids, Manziel or RGIII. they both have tons of potential and might really blossom and produce in the right environment. I'm completely on board with any financially reasonable move that lands either of them in Dallas.

Do you truly feel that the Dallas staff represents "the right environment"?

It's crystal clear that without Romo to steer the ship and overcome their deficiencies, they're total failures.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Berry or Eric Weddle would be a splash. Neither seem likely, although Weddle would be the more likely one of the two.

I'm curious as to why you would feel that way about Weddle?