Dallas WR by direction and target depth

Dre11

Reaction score

That is a throw away. Dez was supposed to run straight but checked up.

Lol....you're crazy ,yet your announcer as you like to point out called it an overthrow, you sure know how to blame Dez...lol that was no throw away, Dak tried to drill it in the whole of the zone and flat out overthrew Dez,he did float it out of bound, you can tell by his throwing motion and the way he planted andshifted his weight into the throw....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
That Prescott still doesn't know how to use the entire field, and that we wasted a lot of targets throwing deep to Bryant in 2017. The bigger surprise for me was that second part. Basically anything beyond 15 yards was a wasted target.

15+yard targets
Bryant 9 of 36 25% (6.0 ypa)
others 23 of 41 56% (15.6 ypa)

Whoever was at fault, we'd honestly have been better off dumping it off to a RB on those 36 attempts.

Then the other end of the spectrum -- the slot targets.

Bryant 16 of 28 57% (3.9 ypa)
others 40 of 61 66% (6.0 ypa)

Again, blame whomever you want, but what sticks out to me is that it's not normal for a WR1 to be that much worse than the rest of the team. The jury is still very much out on Dak, but there is no question that Dez fell off in 2017.[/QUOTE

We get that Dez struggled this year with Dak, Dez admitted that much, they played well last season together, but for the folks dismissing Dak struggles in
this is a farce, to say all the wrs didn't drop off this season is a farce, we get they forced balls to Dez as well, that's what the fans have been crying for ever since Romo was here, difference here is Romo knew how to get Dez the ball, that's veteran vs rookie/2nd year guy. For folks to act like Dez is some scrub is downright foolish. That's why I have no problem with players chasing the money, because as soon as a team can think they can find an out of a contract, they will.

Section446

Reaction score
It's a shame that we never figured out how to get Butler more involved, he seemed to be our most physically gifted WR.