Dallas's path to the playoffs much better than being presented

mardwin

Reaction score
Detroit has to lose. and frankly that is looking less and less likely. Rodgers is clearly not close to 100% or even 90% and that showed. The bungles are mailing it in.

Rodgers in one leg will beat the Lions. Rodgers has that Tom Brady competitive edge, don't matter who's the opponent in front of him they're going down.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If ATL wins tonight, Packers are mathematically eliminated. 0% chance they put Rodgers on the field if that happens.

We really need TB to step up tonight

Division games can get nasty. Would Dallas be "up" to the play the spoiler vs the Iggs/NYG/Skins?! Oh yeah... The Bucs are playing for pride and the desire to inflict some pain on a rival.

Will that add up to a win? Not likely-- but I give them a puncher's chance to win a couple of these games down the stretch.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Look around the sports world right now, and most people look at Dallas and have the team at somewhere between "a very long shot" and "never really had a chance, given the NFC outlook right now".

Balderdash. Last week, I outlined where Dallas stands primarily from a tiebreaker perspective, and it was still very wide open. You have likely heard that Dallas's playoff chances took a major hit this week; that claim is pretty much false (literally true, but in practical terms not really).

It isn't that Dallas's road to the playoffs got "harder", but rather that the team didn't have the breaks it needs to have happen unfold THIS week. In other words, it was possible for Dallas's playoff road to unfold nicely this past week (in fact, it almost could have been ready to go in a perfect world), but just as it is unlikely that Dallas's playoff competition will win out, it was also very unlikely that everyone was going to lose.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...the-playoffs-much-better-than-being-presented

This is aweek old s a little dated but we haven't lost yet!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...the-playoffs-much-better-than-being-presented

Statistically, the Cowboys chances stand at 61% with a 10-6 finish. They swing to either 75% or 51% tonight. Go Bucs!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...ak-dal-15=loss&dal-sea-16=win&phi-dal-17=loss

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, Atlanta pounding the Cowboys is kind of irrelevant to Atlanta losing to New Orleans and Carolina.
Had the Cowboys beaten Atlanta, we wouldn't be talking about needing Atlanta to lose to New Orleans AND Carolina. We'd be talking about Atlanta losing to New Orleans OR Carolina. Do you see the difference between "AND" & "OR"? :rolleyes:

But tonight they can lose to TB and we'll be back to the "OR". ;)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Had the Cowboys beaten Atlanta, we wouldn't be talking about needing Atlanta to lose to New Orleans AND Carolina. We'd be talking about Atlanta losing to New Orleans OR Carolina. Do you see the difference between "AND" & "OR"? :rolleyes:

But tonight they can lose to TB and we'll be back to the "OR". ;)

None of that goes against anything I said. Stick to my arguments, please.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Division games can get nasty. Would Dallas be "up" to the play the spoiler vs the Iggs/NYG/Skins?! Oh yeah... The Bucs are playing for pride and the desire to inflict some pain on a rival.

Will that add up to a win? Not likely-- but I give them a puncher's chance to win a couple of these games down the stretch.

Agreed. We're not talking about the hapless Browns here. The Bucs have a puncher's chance in any of these games, especially the home games (2 of 3).

I'd be surprised if they don't win 1 of these 3. Tonight would be the ideal one, of course.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The bummer to me besides Dallas own losses is that Atlanta should have lost to chicago, Detroit and the jets.

Jordan howard dropped a ball at the 1 where he would have scored to win and then atlanta held on 3rd and 4th down. Detroit got the winning touchdown overturned and atlanta won.

Game of inches I guess.

Or you could just blame the Cowboys for letting a no name edge rusher look like prime Charles Haley.

endersdragon

Reaction score
They have the tiebreaker over the Cowboys, of course they are more deserving at this time.
So it has nothing to do with how you lose it all depends on your record... so if we finish tied with them and have the tiebreaker (which we will) then we deserve the playoff spot and not them... I get the feeling that you are being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative totally ignoring the fact that all teams lose some bad games and all teams win some good games.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I put the relation of those games in perspective when you tried to dismiss them. Pull your head out of... the sand.

I never dismissed them. No idea what you're talking about. Stick to my arguments, please, and don't insert your own in their place.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So it has nothing to do with how you lose it all depends on your record... so if we finish tied with them and have the tiebreaker (which we will) then we deserve the playoff spot and not them... I get the feeling that you are being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative totally ignoring the fact that all teams lose some bad games and all teams win some good games.
You sound like an idiot trying to contradict known facts. Understand this... we have no tiebreaker over the Lions. Our only hope is for them to lose a game to the Bengals of Packers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I never dismissed them. No idea what you're talking about. Stick to my arguments, please, and don't insert your own in their place.
I'm not joining your argument because it was never something I was interested in in the first place. We need Atlanta to lose two games. I hope they start fulfilling that need tonight against the Bucs.

waving monkey

Reaction score
never

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
BIG time Bucs fan today! i think they got a chance if Atlanta comes out flat and lays an egg...

any given sunday.....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I disagree. I think if they limp to the finish here, you could see Marinelli and/or a few positional guys changed up.

Bringing back this staff intact is moronic........... and yet, I fully expect them to do so.

WEre on a 4 game winning streak and you were one of a legion that panned this 6 game stretch as impossible. You are just emotionally invested in GRoG is all I get out of you lately.

The defense has improved markedly and DLaw and Irving have progressed excellently. They gave Rod his first all defense draft this past year and he is coming through. Taco, Chido, Lewis, and Woods are all improving every week.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
WEre on a 4 game winning streak and you were one of a legion that panned this 6 game stretch as impossible. You are just emotionally invested in GRoG is all I get out of you lately.

The defense has improved markedly and DLaw and Irving have progressed excellently. They gave Rod his first all defense draft this past year and he is coming through. Taco, Chido, Lewis, and Woods are all improving every week.

im on the grog train but theres times where you got to admit we might be asking for the wrong guy to get kicked to the curb. this team seems to not give up on garrett whatsoever. we may not like the guy but i dont think hes our biggest issue.

i totally agree with your opinion on the defense. we must draft defense atleast with our first 2-3 picks. (LB, S, DL) people want a young stud WR but i think we can find a good route runner in free agency or late in draft. we got the runner who sets everything up.

silver

Reaction score
Atlanta is a 7 point favorite today. Not expecting the Bucs to show up.