Dalton is an upgrade over Dak eh?

fivetwos

Reaction score
At least those type of thread ought to end, only to be replaced with the dozen or so weekly masterplans to get Lawrence when that's already over.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You mean like his 472 yard 3 TD performance against that 5-1 team in Seattle? That better team? Or maybe the 502 yard 4 TD performance against the 5-2 Clevelands? Those were the two best teams Dak played against this year.. He put up 974 yards 7 TDs and 3 INTs against them. But yeah.. he needed to step it up. Pay no attention to that defense giving up 87 points in those two games behind the curtain.
Why would I pay attention to the D when we are talking about Dak? Like I keep saying de you're not smart like you think smh. Yeah I mean like the yards Statscott put up when the game was effectively over. When you're down 2/3 tds in the 4th you're not coming back and winning too often. You also think this was based on just this year? I dont do your numbers this has been a constant with this cat. Lol try going back further than two games or this season and you'll see your football bae doesn't do much against better teams.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
34.5 points per game should be enough to win.. Only an all time horrible defense could make that kind of scoring not stand up.

But that's the point right? It's not and so where does the fix come from? The answer is pretty clear if you don't push agenda.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An earlier posting was celebrating the fact that Dalton was able to get the ball down field in spite of the pressure. Did yall watch the same game? The line was not to blame for that awful pass that was intercepted right before half. He had time and he still delivered the ball behind Zeke which led to the pick. I had been assured for two weeks now that Dalton wouldn't miss those "easy throws" like Dak does "all the time." There was another slant to Coop that was a full yard behind him. Coop could not even reach back and get a hand on it. Three step drop and pop.. missed by a mile. At no time do I wish to give the impression that I think the line played well. They didn't.. but they're a mish mash of guys who never thought they'd see the field this year.. "An experienced QB" is supposed to help them out. Adjust the protections, call some rollouts and moving pockets.. Some of that is on Moore but some of it is also on the QB.. He's supposed to say "coach I'm getting killed out there let's move the pocket.." Dak needed to do it more and Dalton certainly does as well. I feel bad for Dalton.. He's finding out that Dak was masking a LOT of issues on this team, especially on the o-line. You'd think he would have noticed in film study how often Dak was throwing with people hanging off him. He, like a lot of posters here, must have blamed it on Dak "holding the ball too long."

I gotcha. I'm just not sure why anyone would expect Dalton to be in sync with this offense. He's new to the team and didn't get much of a training camp. No preseason. We know he can throw a football. But that OL was dominated the entire game. They can't run block or pass protect.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep, you should ban everybody.

But just remember, this board welcomed a lot of posters from other boards and the guys who have been here for many, many years, not just a couple, never once talked about banning folks. Maybe you guys should shut your pie holes and understand that all this talk of banning people isn't your call.

You knew damn well I was a snake, when you took me in.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dalton was the wrong qb to bring in from the get go. He can't run the same offense Dak ran, He can't escape pressure like Dak can. He got mauled in Cincy at times and their line then compared to what we have now is like having the 90's Dallas line almost. These guys out there now on this line shouldn't even be in the NFL. All of them suck. No passion. No guts. No nothing. It's Pathetic. You let Aikman get hit like that and see what a rookie Eric Williams, Larry Allen and Gogan. Can you imagine what Gogan would of done. What a joke!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dalton was the wrong qb to bring in from the get go. He can't run the same offense Dak ran, He can't escape pressure like Dak can. He got mauled in Cincy at times and their line then compared to what we have now is like having the 90's Dallas line almost. These guys out there now on this line shouldn't even be in the NFL. All of them suck. No passion. No guts. No nothing. It's Pathetic. You let Aikman get hit like that and see what a rookie Eric Williams, Larry Allen and Gogan. Can you imagine what Gogan would of done. What a joke!

I don't agree with this. First of all, who are you gonna bring in who can play like Dak? Second, Dalton was brought in with the idea that there would be an OL that could protect and that's not the case. It's easy to look back with revisionist history but at the time, pretty much everybody in the NFL felt like the Dalton signing was a really strong move by the team and I agree with that. He was easily the best option out there IMO.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Two division titles in 4 years and lots of entertaining games.

It’s not a Super Bowl, obviously, but even Dak can’t overcome poor coaching, a bad GM, and a weak supporting cast.
A lot of nothing you mean

RonnieT24

Reaction score
But that's the point right? It's not and so where does the fix come from? The answer is pretty clear if you don't push agenda.
My only agenda is the shortest path to this becoming a winning team again. If I already have a top 10 (at worst) QB and a top 3 (at worst) offense I am not hurting that side of the ball to pursue a pipe dream that some rookie can do the same things .. The 10 year veteran can't operate this offense as well as Dak was but Trevor Lawrence will.. Oh and Trevor Lawrence will fix the defense too. The logic is so flawed it would offend Spock to even call it logic. Two or three playmakers on defense, preferably safety, LB and DT, paired with that explosive offense and this a 13 win team NEXT year. Because Dak was better in 2020 than he was in 2019 and will probably be better still in 2021... I know it's a crossenze fingers to hope that Tyron and Collins' surgeries corrected what ailed them but if they did then the o-line will go back to being top 5 next year. I just think letting a talented QB go, the proverbial bird in the hand, is a step backwards because spending your #1 pick on a QB means NOT spending it on a defensive playmaker. We don't need a QB.. we need defense.. Not signing Dak means we need both.. That doesn't make sense to me.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Agreed. I never really supported pure hating on dak, but now the other side only adds fuel to the fire with the "told you so" posts.

I dont even remember the carter/Hutchinson debates being this bad.

Facts are we didn't win with dak, and have been even worse without him. People are more concerned with their guy getting credit. Much bigger issues than the qb position right now.

QB position, or QB Argument.???..Perhaps you forgot what things looked like from Aikman to Romo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak might have put up better numbers and made the games closer (at least in the 4th quarter). But the end results are the same.

Is there really any difference between losing pretty or losing ugly?
yes, there is a difference. one scenario you have no chance, the other you have a chance. I always want a chance.....if this defense would be somewhere in the 20s instead of historically bad...I mean HISTORICALLY BAD, then we probably would be a 5-3 team right now, with two losses because of Dalton

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My only agenda is the shortest path to this becoming a winning team again. If I already have a top 10 (at worst) QB and a top 3 (at worst) offense I am not hurting that side of the ball to pursue a pipe dream that some rookie can do the same things .. The 10 year veteran can't operate this offense as well as Dak was but Trevor Lawrence will.. Oh and Trevor Lawrence will fix the defense too. The logic is so flawed it would offend Spock to even call it logic. Two or three playmakers on defense, preferably safety, LB and DT, paired with that explosive offense and this a 13 win team NEXT year. Because Dak was better in 2020 than he was in 2019 and will probably be better still in 2021... I know it's a crossenze fingers to hope that Tyron and Collins' surgeries corrected what ailed them but if they did then the o-line will go back to being top 5 next year. I just think letting a talented QB go, the proverbial bird in the hand, is a step backwards because spending your #1 pick on a QB means NOT spending it on a defensive playmaker. We don't need a QB.. we need defense.. Not signing Dak means we need both.. That doesn't make sense to me.

Well, hows that working for you? Dak is on the shelf with a losing season posted in 2020, we are down to our third string QB and he's making a ton less money then Dak for basically the same results.

You want to fix the Defense, that takes money. You want to pay the man, that spends money. Do the math.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
people actually thought Dalton was better. like legitimately said that. truly unreal.
they said that, not because they belived in Dalton so much. they would have said it about Weeden...they just hated Dak so much and for many it just seemed personal as opposed to football....ala Khiladi, Leeblair and Pappydog.....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well, hows that working for you? Dak is on the shelf with a losing season posted in 2020, we are down to our third string QB and he's making a ton less money then Dak for basically the same results.

You want to fix the Defense, that takes money. You want to pay the man, that spends money. Do the math.

Exactly...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why would I pay attention to the D when we are talking about Dak? Like I keep saying de you're not smart like you think smh. Yeah I mean like the yards Statscott put up when the game was effectively over. When you're down 2/3 tds in the 4th you're not coming back and winning too often. You also think this was based on just this year? I dont do your numbers this has been a constant with this cat. Lol try going back further than two games or this season and you'll see your football bae doesn't do much against better teams.
so in our opinion, expert opinion that is, when you are down 3 points with 3-4 minutes to go, the game is over?

glad you aren't our coach, you would throw the towel and waive the white flag in the middle of second quarter...

btw, don't sign up to join the army.....

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
My only agenda is the shortest path to this becoming a winning team again. If I already have a top 10 (at worst) QB and a top 3 (at worst) offense I am not hurting that side of the ball to pursue a pipe dream that some rookie can do the same things .. The 10 year veteran can't operate this offense as well as Dak was but Trevor Lawrence will.. Oh and Trevor Lawrence will fix the defense too. The logic is so flawed it would offend Spock to even call it logic. Two or three playmakers on defen
se, preferably safety, LB and DT, paired with that explosive offense and this a 13 win team NEXT year. Because Dak was better in 2020 than he was in 2019 and will probably be better still in 2021... I know it's a crossenze fingers to hope that Tyron and Collins' surgeries corrected what ailed them but if they did then the o-line will go back to being top 5 next year. I just think letting a talented QB go, the proverbial bird in the hand, is a step backwards because spending your #1 pick on a QB means NOT spending it on a defensive playmaker. We don't need a QB.. we need defense.. Not signing Dak means we need both.. That doesn't make sense to me.

Talk to them Ronnie T24. We've all seen players end up being bust. We have a top 4 to 8 depending on your view RIGHT NOW. Quit worrying about Jerry Jones money. We can pay Dak and make defensive moves in the draft. Stephen is not going to pay big money free agents anyway.