Dalton Kincaid won't work out at Pro Day

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If you draft him that high. He needs to be involved in the pass game. I dont even think he cant do it. I think he was underutilized at Georgia to be honest. The guy started as a WR. He knows how to run routes.
This. The other Georgia TE will be a top 10 pick next year so Washington never got to show off his receiving skills.

RS12

Reaction score
The attendance sheet for Utah’s Pro Day, which took place Thursday, stretched two pages long and included Bengals DBs coach Charlie Burks, Chargers TEs coach Kevin Kroger, and Saints assistant OL coach Kevin Carberry. Directors of college scouting from the Chiefs, Vikings, Raiders, and Colts were also on hand.

For starters, I tweeted out Thursday that tight end Dalton Kincaid would not participate in the testing, just as he didn’t during the Combine. Rest assured, there’s nothing nefarious going on, nor is Kincaid afraid to test. The tight end suffered a small fracture in his back late last season, which has prevented him from working out for scouts.

It was well known back in January that there was a chance Kincaid would not be able to work out for teams before the draft — hence this is a surprise to no one. I’m told there’s still a slight chance the tight end could work out before the draft, but there are no guarantees, and it’ll be a wait-and-see process.

And while scouts would prefer to get marks on Kincaid, no one will deny his tape screams top-40 prospect. The senior is very much the downfield threat teams want at the position these days and plays like a tough, nasty tight end.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...-out-blake-freeland-continues-climb-and-more/

Malhavoc

Reaction score
When folks don“t want a prospect they will make up all kind of crap to throw shade at the player. Kincaid ain’t overrated. Look at all his tape. Not just the dismantling of USC. Is he the blocker you want ? No. But his receiving skills are better than any in the class. Washington is an entirely different prospect with a different set of tools. Especially as a blocker. You could make an argument for us taking either player. But this narrative that Kincaid is not worthy is utterly ridiculous.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
For the life of me, I do not understand why people can’t understand this. I’m tired of writing it. Then, two posts below mine someone is saying they’re out on Kincaid because back injuries are bad.

Nothing structural, just a small broken bone. It hurts and needs to heal, but the back is no worse than anyone else’s once it has healed.

He couldn’t work out until a week before the pro day, so he wants to train a little before working out for teams. I don’t blame him one bit… that’s what I’d do too.

If you liked Kincaid, this injury should change nothing. If you didn’t like Kincaid then you just don’t like him. None of it should have anything to do with this small back thing.
He still has a medical at the combine so if it is something more serious teams will know.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You can take him out of the 1st round conversation. No way in hell, a team burns a first on this kid. In fact, I'd be surprised if he's selected before the 3rd round.