Twitter: Dalton Schultz compares Texans vs Cowboys culture

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I get what he's saying. Everyone is not built for that. Schultz clearly wasn't. I'm not a fan of it myself. Its like you're making this game even harder than it already is. You have all year to tour that facility......give the players their privacy. Just unnecessary.
Nobody who wants to achieve something in his sport is build for that.

I mean how direct has a player to say that the Cowboys dont take their sport serious before people accept it? Its way more about other stuff, establishing brands, trying to get the spotlight in here every second. All for only one goal: earning money.

Players dont come here to win games or be serious about their sport. Be it podcasts, hot boys brands or new images. They want lucrative deals at the end of their careers.

You wonder why we sign no big name FA?. Because no real athlete wants to come here

Dallas is a circus. A lot of fake with no subustance.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody who wants to achieve something in his sport is build for that.

I mean how direct has a player to say that the Cowboys dont take their sport serious. Its way more about other stuff, establishing brand, trying to get the spotlight in here every second. All dor only one goal: earning money.
That’s always been the goal though. Shady McCoy…I can’t stand the guy and hate to even agree with him but he said it yesterday and I agree….the spotlight as big for Mike, Troy and Emmitt. You are either built for this or not and Schultz is not. He likes to play with a Houston team that has no standard or no history and no bar set and he’s not the only one. I’m sure there are more on this team too.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That’s always been the goal though. Shady McCoy…I can’t stand the guy and hate to even agree with him but he said it yesterday and I agree….the spotlight as big for Mike, Troy and Emmitt. You are either built for this or not and Schultz is not. He likes to play with a Houston team that has no standard or no history and no bar set and he’s not the only one. I’m sure there are more on this team too.
Well when i listen to him houston seems to have standards. For instance a lifting room is for lifting and only for that.

The only standard we have is living from what had been 30 years ago.

You ask me as a player who wants to train hard, be better with people around him who share the same mentallity? I would leave for houston also. You dont find people like this in dallas. And you dont wanna stay too long. Those who are in Dallas will corrupt you over time. They will drag you down to their "standards" and nobody will help you up again. But hey, in the end you will be a richer man.

The spotlight doesnt come by its own. The spotlight is where the winners are. Not where the has and wanna bees are. JJ cant get this spotlight be ause he is not talented enough to build a winning team but he need that spotlight for his primary goal: earning money. So Dallas does everything to be in the news so they get some of the spotlight: be it having players withtheir own podcasts, letzing family members trashtalk about other players or being in court. you name it. Nothing is embarrassming enough for JJ to not make use of.

That spotlight we are in is not the spotlight made for winners. Our spotlight is for the wanna bees and cheap talkers. This spotlight is not a good one. Its the one you usually dont wanna be in if your goal is to achieve something. Its the spotlight of embarrassment.

But JJ doesnt care about the (positive) reputation of our franchise. As long as it gets him revenue he will try to get the spotlight on it. He doesnt careabout his own and he just doesnt care that he carries a responsibility for the franchise he owns. He just does not care. He just milks the cow to death then will move to the next one. He and his family are justs locusts.

And as he said: Right now they are all in.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well when i listen to him houston seems to have standards. For instance a lifting room is for lifting and only for that.

The only standard we have is living from what had been 30 years ago.

You ask me as a player who wants to train hard, be better with people around him who share the same mentallity? I would leave for houston also. You dont find people like this in dallas. And you dont wanna stay too long. Those who are in Dallas will corrupt you over time. They will drag you down to their "standards" and nobody will help you up again. But hey, in the end you will be a richer man.

The spotlight doesnt come by its own. The spotlight is where the winners are. Not where the has and wanna bees are. JJ cant get this spotlight be ause he is not talented enough to build a winning team but he need that spotlight for his primary goal: earning money. So Dallas does everything to be in the news so they get some of the spotlight: be it having players withtheir own podcasts, letzing family members trashtalk about other players or being in court. you name it. Nothing is embarrassming enough for JJ to not make use of.

That spotlight we are in is not the spotlight made for winners. Our spotlight is for the wanna bees and cheap talkers. This spotlight is not a good one. Its the one you usually dont wanna be in if your goal is to achieve something. Its the spotlight of embarrassment.

But JJ doesnt care about the (positive) reputation of our franchise. As long as it gets him revenue he will try to get the spotlight on it. He doesnt careabout his own and he just doesnt care that he carries a responsibility for the franchise he owns. He just does not care. He just milks the cow to death then will move to the next one. He and his family are justs locusts.

And as he said: Right now they are all in.
Well Schultz was fine with the “zoo” until the Cowboys let him walk lol. Let’s not act he left Dallas for Houston. We know this place is a circus. And it’s always been that way. The difference is in the 90s they started the circus and they were winning. These guys inherited the circus and can’t handle it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Well Schultz was fine with the “zoo” until the Cowboys let him walk lol. Let’s not act he left Dallas for Houston. We know this place is a circus. And it’s always been that way. The difference is in the 90s they started the circus and they were winning. These guys inherited the circus and can’t handle it.
Dallas wasnt always a circus. Or do you think like that about the landry years also?

Listen to the interview he gave arguments why he stayed here for so long.

Also dont you think when as a top mamanger you see that for 30 years players are not able to handle the circus. Do you still blame players or maybe your approach? I for myself have the standard to expect from a top paid manager to have success with what he has and not with what he could have success with 30 years ago. Times change. Players get old. Get adjusted, show your talent or get lost!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
things-are-definitely-falling-apart-ruined.gif

Oh Boy here we go... you are just throwing lit matches out the window down a dry highway my friend.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Distractions.

That’s why the Jones Cowboys can’t win.

Ownership allows too many distractions to take away the focus on football.

It’s goes all the way back to Jimmy ultimately leaving. He saw it way back then, and it’s never changed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas wasnt always a circus. Or do you think like that about the landry years also?

Listen to the interview he gave arguments why he stayed here for so long.

Also dont you think when as a top mamanger you see that for 30 years players are not able to handle the circus. Do you still blame players or maybe your approach? I for myself have the standard to expect from a top paid manager to have success with what he has and not with what he could have success with 30 years ago. Times change. Players get old. Get adjusted, show your talent or get lost!
Who’s the top manager in this case?

I was speaking about 90s Cowboys not Landry years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jimmy had players stabbing each other, doing coke, among other things.....why do y'all pretend like JImmy ran a church lol?
Jimmy ran the First Church of Jerry, and he was smart enough to recognize how far he could push it, push it all in.
Jimmy had "Bravado", its a forgotten term around these dusty parts these days.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Who’s the top manager in this case?

I was speaking about 90s Cowboys not Landry years.
Well you wrote dallas always was a circus. That includes the landry years. But you didnt answer my question: do you think it was a circus back then?

The top Manager i named already. Its the jones family.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well you wrote dallas always was a circus. That includes the landry years. But you didnt answer my question: do you think it was a circus back then?

The top Manager i named already. It’s the jones family.
Let me rephrase the Landry years are before my time I can’t speak on them. I was more so talking about the 90s Cowboys was a circus too.

gmb1

Reaction score
We are the most valuable team in all of sports for a reason. Of course there's going to be more eyes here than the Texans. Some players can handle it, some can't.
It wasn't like this in the 90s. That's why we haven't won jack since then. Besides, I ain't making a dime off of it.

chuck520

Reaction score
Cowboys NFC East champions
Texans AFC South champions
Texas Big-12 champions

both Texas teams won their division and of course the media is pitting them against each other when they are not rivals

stiletto

Reaction score
I sure hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl even more to stop our "loyal" fans from complaining so much and repeating ESPN narratives
There's not one Cowboys fan on this forum that doesn't "hope" the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. There's just those who wave pom-poms and those who objectively analyze things. The kiddie table has plenty of folks for you to join in with.

chuck520

Reaction score
There's not one Cowboys fan on this forum that doesn't "hope" the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. There's just those who wave pom-poms and those who objectively analyze things. The kiddie table has plenty of folks for you to join in with.
I'm a fan whether they win the Super Bowl or not. If you want to jump on the bandwagon of the team that wins Super Bowls, you should become a Chiefs fan.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm a fan whether they win the Super Bowl or not. If you want to jump on the bandwagon of the team that wins Super Bowls, you should become a Chiefs fan.
So you are a fan of every decision, player, coach at the time they are on the Cowboys no matter what they do? You think people aren't fans if they criticize or complain? Silliness...

chuck520

Reaction score
So you are a fan of every decision, player, coach at the time they are on the Cowboys no matter what they do? You think people aren't fans if they criticize or complain? Silliness...
criticize them all you want but if you want to complain about them expect the true fans to defend them