Dalton Schultz TE Tidbit

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Not getting help from Witten even when asked, makes him stupid? Okay, brilliant commentary there. :rolleyes:

I find it much more believable that Witten probably tried to help him but Marty didn't have the intellect to listen, comprehend or mirror much of anything directed at him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I find it much more believable that Witten probably tried to help him but Marty didn't have the intellect to listen, comprehend or mirror much of anything directed at him.
Do you need me to give you further references of how Witten has never been a hands-on mentor to any TE on the Cowboys roster? If I do that will you finally believe it or choose to remain ignorant despite the evidence to the contrary?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If this makes anyone feel better about him, he runs 4.74. That happens to be faster than , GATEs, Gronk, Witten, Jordan Reed, and Tony Gonzales. They all ran 4.8
I like the pick well enoigh

But I assumed someone would call you on this since it is so incredibly off
:laugh:
I mean, not just one was wrong, but every single one of those guys ran faster than 4,74 coming into the league.

Gonzalas could fly! He ran between 4.45 and 4.50, just for starters.
I'm not trying to dog you...honestly.
But you missed every one of them

Gonzalas listed 40 time was 4.49
Witten official combine time was 4.65
Jordan Reed's 40 time was 4.72
Gronk's 40 time was 4.68
Antonio Gates..as a rookie...4.50

All faster that Shultz coming out.
Still like the pick okay though.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I like the pick well enoigh

But I assumed someone would call you on this since it is so incredibly off
:laugh:
I mean, not just one was wrong, but every single one of those guys ran faster than 4,74 coming into the league.

Gonzalas could fly! He ran between 4.45 and 4.50, just for starters.
I'm not trying to dog you...honestly.
But you missed every one of them

Gonzalas listed 40 time was 4.49
Witten official combine time was 4.65
Jordan Reed's 40 time was 4.72
Gronk's 40 time was 4.68
Antonio Gates..as a rookie...4.50

All faster that Shultz coming out.
Still like the pick okay though.
Dude, the Tony Gonzalez you looked up was a wr from BC. Kiper had the TE around 4.79 or 4.80. Witten didn't run so their was no official time what you looked up was an estimate. I believe 4.7 would be more accurate. Gates also doesn't have an official time. He only had a workout for the Chargers and he was never fast just good for his size similar to Gathers.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Do you need me to give you further references of how Witten has never been a hands-on mentor to any TE on the Cowboys roster? If I do that will you finally believe it or choose to remain ignorant despite the evidence to the contrary?

Mike Pope, Cowboys tight ends coach quote: "Witten is the 13th Disciple," Pope said, "he helps everybody."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mike Pope, Cowboys tight ends coach quote: "Witten is the 13th Disciple," Pope said, "he helps everybody."
He's no doubt a help to everyone by being a great example but he's not a hands on mentor inside that TE's room.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He'll only get from Witten the bantering that Martellus Bennett got from Witten... "high and tight". Witten has never been a hands on mentor to this TE room. Maybe that's how he keeps his job security while declining in performance every year. Witten can be a good example off the field but he's not going out of his way for any "tutelage", he never has.
Says who, you and Marty B. Witten has always been a team first guy so I am sure he has and would help in any capacity. Saying something like you just did is just lazy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Says who, you and Marty B. Witten has always been a team first guy so I am sure he has and would help in any capacity. Saying something like you just did is just lazy.
It's fact. Teammates say all the time his mentoring style is by example not hands-on. Witten is a team guy but he's not a teacher or coach. That's why he's going into broadcasting instead of coaching in his retirement years. If you want to talk about who's talking crazy then look in the mirror with your revisionist history of how Witten helped the team.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's fact. Teammates say all the time his mentoring style is by example not hands-on. Witten is a team guy but he's not a teacher or coach. That's why he's going into broadcasting instead of coaching in his retirement years. If you want to talk about who's talking crazy then look in the mirror with your revisionist history of how Witten helped the team.
More lazy talk from you. Teammates say all the time it's lead by example because most of his teammates don't play the same position. Do you really think that after 4-5 years being in the NFL he's not giving tight ends hints and information and helping them? Right, he's just giving them the cold shoulder. Ever think maybe he didn't take too much of a liking to Marty B maybe because he came into this team being childish and annoying? Did Fasano, Escobar, Swaim, Hanna and any other TEs say the something as your good friend Marty? And he's going into the broad casting booth simply for the money just as Cowher, Gruden and others have done. You are EXTREMELY LAZY and can believe whatever you have heard, told to you one time by Marty B. Now that's silly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
More lazy talk from you. Teammates say all the time it's lead by example because most of his teammates don't play the same position. Do you really think that after 4-5 years being in the NFL he's not giving tight ends hints and information and helping them? Right, he's just giving them the cold shoulder. Ever think maybe he didn't take too much of a liking to Marty B maybe because he came into this team being childish and annoying? Did Fasano, Escobar, Swaim, Hanna and any other TEs say the something as your good friend Marty? And he's going into the broad casting booth simply for the money just as Cowher, Gruden and others have done. You are EXTREMELY LAZY and can believe whatever you have heard, told to you one time by Marty B. Now that's silly.
You can take the Marty B is my friend idea and shove it up your caboose. I'm no fan of the the Bennett bros. Internet tough guys like you, detract from this Cowboys forum. I speaking from what the players say. You have this idea of Witten in your head like he was some kind of saint. He IS a team guy but he's not known for being a hands-on teacher to that TEs room. It's a well know fact so stop embarrassing yourself.

Ring Leader

Reaction score

fat-lazy-homer-simpson.jpg

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here is what I would say about Witt and the whole mentor thing. When Witt came into the league, he benefited from the teaching he received from Dan Campbell. Witten has said this on many occasions. Campbell taught Witt how to be a pro. If we have a TE that the team thinks can fill the shoes of Witten, then maybe it's not a bad idea to let one of the younger TEs go and bring in a real vet who can do the same for whomever the team likes as a successor.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You can take the Marty B is my friend idea and shove it up your caboose. I'm no fan of the the Bennett bros. Internet tough guys like you, detract from this Cowboys forum. I speaking from what the players say. You have this idea of Witten in your head like he was some kind of saint. He IS a team guy but he's not known for being a hands-on teacher to that TEs room. It's a well know fact so stop embarrassing yourself.
VERY SIMPLE.......Im about to shut you UP! Name one player. You can't because you lazily fabricated a whole story based on what Marty B says. Now that is LAZY and PATHETIC. Have a nice day.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
In general, I think the "veteran mentoring the young guy" is a media narrative. Maybe it happened with Witten, cause he is the consummate teammate, but for example, Rodgers has said that Favre almost never spoke to him for 3 years. Dak said the guy who mentored him most as a rookie wasn't Tony Romo but Mark Sanchez. I don't think it happens as much as people believe.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
VERY SIMPLE.......Im about to shut you UP! Name one player. You can't because you lazily fabricated a whole story based on what Marty B says. Now that is LAZY and PATHETIC. Have a nice day.
Take your pick on the roster. The players that have been through a training camp with Witten will all tell you he helps by being a good example, not by teaching you one on one what works for him. Even the one example we have of Witten explaining how he made a certain play work (which was during Garrett's goodbye speech), coach says it was an assignment given to him. Otherwise, Witten would not have even done that. You show one instance of a TE on the roster saying Witten has been working with them one on one to be a better TE. Stop being lazy and prove me wrong.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Take your pick on the roster. The players that have been through a training camp with Witten will all tell you he helps by being a good example, not by teaching you one on one what works for him. Even the one example we have of Witten explaining how he made a certain play work (which was during Garrett's goodbye speech), coach says it was an assignment given to him. Otherwise, Witten would not have even done that. You show one instance of a TE on the roster saying Witten has been working with them one on one to be a better TE. Stop being lazy and prove me wrong.

Thanks for confirming me being right. :thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming me being right. :thumbup:
Thanks for confirming you are the one that is lazy. Lie to yourself or whatever else you need to do to convince yourself you are right but you know you aren't. Another thing... why this tone of hostility? Why can't you just talk like an adult with a disagreement?