Dalton Schultz will be great trade bait

HungryLion

Reaction score
For whatever reason, solid starters won’t bring much in a trade for draft picks. I have seen some good players that brought no higher than a 5th round draft pick in a trade. It doesn’t make sense in a way.

Teams way overvalue draft picks. Particularly in the off season, pre draft. Which is odd, considering how many players bust and how many draft picks ultimately get wasted on players who stink in the NFL.

CoachD

Reaction score
Teams way overvalue draft picks. Particularly in the off season, pre draft. Which is odd, considering how many players bust and how many draft picks ultimately get wasted on players who stink in the NFL.
Well said and very true, nobody has a crystal ball.

CoachD

Reaction score
Trade Schultz? why? you think Dallas is getting Pitts. LOL....come on, grasshopper, ..he will be gone in the top 5. And too much for Dallas to give up. Especially with such a inferior defense and needing players to help on that side of the ball. If he falls to them at 10, maybe they get tempted....but if i buy a lottery ticket maybe i can win too.
You don't read very well.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you say so Mel Kiper.

He's right. Pitts is probably going to be the first skilled player on offense picked that isn't a QB. Second at most. In order for him to be there at 10, teams would have to be avoiding pass catchers altogether.

plasticman

Reaction score
I keep reading these threads about trading away our depth.....like they haven't been paying attention to the Cowboy's history of injuries to their starters over the past seasons.

There is a high probability that guys like Shultz and Gallup are going to be needed.

irishline

Reaction score
Because teams get desperate and the Cowboys don't need three TE's on their roster.

Everybody said that about the Buccaneers and O.J. Howard last year.

He's still as Buc. As are the other two TE'S.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
Pitts would be the mistake. Just like taking zeke with the 4th pick.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I hope they resign him. He blocks well, and is showing promise as a receiver.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Because teams get desperate and the Cowboys don't need three TE's on their roster.

Don't be a fool, they don't get that desperate...and the Cowboys only have two TE at the moment. Don't count your chickens before they crap on your face.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You don't trade Jarwin or Schultz (or both) for draft picks, imo.

You trade them for similarly-valued vets on the defensive side of the ball...

Which effectively conceivably theoretically has the effect of injecting some already-developed talent into the defense...

Potentially, then, not a bad idea at all.

I would not be opposed to that if Dallas selected Pitts. Schultz showed that he's a quality starter at the position, so if we could get a quality defensive starter in return, that would be a good trade, especially if it's at corner since that is the position where we are most in need of a starter.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Don't be a fool, they don't get that desperate...and the Cowboys only have two TE at the moment. Don't count your chickens before they crap on your face.

We signed Sprinkle, a vet blocking tight end, so we have three plus McKeon, who we kept as a rookie undrafted FA last year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You couldn't trade Schultz for a can of Schlitz malt liquor.

No. I mean, I get it, Schultz is not terrible and he's not All World. But, Schlitz Malt Liquor is terrible and even with that said, I do not underestimate this Countries desire to drink beer. Even bad beer.

:laugh: