Twitter: Dalton set to play vs Vikings

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch some really tripped out cartoon movies from the 60-70's like Gandahar, Fantastic Planet, or Fire And Ice and Wizards.
Maybe some Ralph Bakshi work! I still think his rendition of The Lord Of The Rings is some of the most innovative cartoon work I have ever seen.

Even better on acid.

I'll have to show you my LOTR poster from that. Stand by.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, it looks as though we'll be rocking along with Andy Dalton, come Monday!!

One can't help but wonder how long he'll be able to remain vertical that night. :oops:

Here's hoping his brain cells are recovered and prepared to accept hard contact.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Dalton is still struggling to do anything with the offense against the Vikings will Mike McCarthy decide to bench him for Garrett Gilbert or are they just in full tank mode now?

Evidently, our gallant leaders are taking their chances honoring their deal with Andy. It seems they're receptive to losing this year. ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is it wrong of me to hope Andy Dalton gets sick on Sunday and is unable to start? I really think Gilbert should be getting this opportunity to start.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly. Gilbert did much better than expected - I think most expected a disaster - but people are letting that cloud their perception, and are allowing themselves to believe he was much better than he was. Gilbert did a nice job for a backup stepping in, but it was not a stellar performance. He merely played well enough to give us a chance in a game where the defense also exceeded expectations and kept the score down.

He exceeded my expectations -- enough to where my curiosity demanded another look to justify my glee that we didn't get humiliated. :D

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He exceeded my expectations -- enough to where my curiosity demanded another look to justify my glee that we didn't get humiliated. :D
He exceeded all our expectations, and I would like to see him again myself, but I'm also keeping things in perspective. He had a nice game for a backup stepping in, but it was not a top game by current NFL standards, nor is it likely that he suddenly developed into starting material in his 6th season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
..dont feel good about this. They will blitz Red Barron and scare him into fumbles,drops, int's...etc. We have better chance with GG. GG has heart and gusto.
Dalton, any QB behind this OL needs to be able to run for their life,, problem is Dalton runs like cold spilled molasses.

chagus

Reaction score
yeah I had a similar thought :)

tenor.gif
My thought exactly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He exceeded all our expectations, and I would like to see him again myself, but I'm also keeping things in perspective. He had a nice game for a backup stepping in, but it was not a top game by current NFL standards, nor is it likely that he suddenly developed into starting material in his 6th season.

Nobody's ready to declare him the savior of all things pertaining to the Dallas Cowboys. Nevertheless, he performed significantly better than we, as fans, expected and far better than Dalton has, thus far. I never suggested, nor meant to, that he's starting material but if he's a viable candidate to get a backup job, he should be allowed to solidify that hope in the days ahead. The Dallas FO has hung their seal of approval on Dak. That situation is likely to be played out to full exposure in the future. What happens with respect to GG's future as a backup is yet to be determined in future competition. We'll see about that.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Perfect!!!

Gilbert really looked like a guy that could win us a few games. With the Oline the way it is, Gilbert is clearly the more mobile play maker.

Another bad decision by the coaching staff that will wind out working in our favor. Or maybe they are trying to tank.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dalton seems to be one of those QBs who always looks good when there's nobody trying to break him in half. And then turns into a completely different guy come game time and the real bullets are flying.

Horrible under pressure. Lacks mobility.

irving

Reaction score
Since this team is going nowhere this year it costs nothing to give Dalton the courtesy of getting back in there. As for your claim that Gilbert played as well as Dak would have.. On what do you base that? The last time Dak played AT Pittsburgh he lit 'em up. Gilbert has never played at anywhere near even Dak's medium games much less Dak's peaks. He did a decent job .. but I don't see the need to disparage Dak to appreciate what Gilbert did. It doesn't have to be either/or. But I guess with some of you internet troll types it really does.. Oh well.
Anyone comparing Gilbert to Dak loses all credibility. You don’t have to like Dak, but he is a starting NFL quarterback, something Gilbert will never be on a everyday basis.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Gilbert is more fun to watch than Dalton, in my opinion. But I do think Dalton should start. If Gilbert put up better numbers vs. Pittsburgh and pulled off a win I would think different. This spot is for Dalton to lose.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nobody's ready to declare him the savior of all things pertaining to the Dallas Cowboys. Nevertheless, he performed significantly better than we, as fans, expected and far better than Dalton has, thus far. I never suggested, nor meant to, that he's starting material but if he's a viable candidate to get a backup job, he should be allowed to solidify that hope in the days ahead. The Dallas FO has hung their seal of approval on Dak. That situation is likely to be played out to full exposure in the future. What happens with respect to GG's future as a backup is yet to be determined in future competition. We'll see about that.
Not really, I wouldn't argue much if you suggested they put up similar performances. But Gilbert wasn't "significantly better."

Gaede

Reaction score
Is it wrong of me to hope Andy Dalton gets sick on Sunday and is unable to start? I really think Gilbert should be getting this opportunity to start.

I would love for Dalton to start getting really random but non threatening things, like an eye infection or something, so we can keep this QB-musical chairs thing going. It's actually one of the more interesting things this year

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know nobodyy is declaring him the savior, and I didn't for a second think you were touting him as such.

But there are a number of people saying he was great in the last game, and at least a couple who have suggested he could be the answer as the starter. Those are the folks I'm talking about.

I agree completely that he showed enough to provide hope that he could be a viable backup, and in that context I would be happy to see him play more.