Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

foofighters

Reaction score
The difference: Romo was a CHOKER (as time proved to be true...I warned y'all). Dak is not.

Romo went Hollywood after his first year as a starter in 2006. Dak did not.

That's the difference you guys up till today refuse to understand.

One QB LIVES FOOTBALL 24/7. The other one didn't. Clear as day.
I wonder how a guy that went, "Hollywood" knows as much about football as he does?? This has translated into his new job. Which in just his first year, he was already one of the best because of how prepared he was. So he basically never prepared as QB but then when he switches jobs, he all of a sudden turns the lights on? Your hatred still blinds you after all these years.

So lets measure Dak like we measured Romo. Both are equal in Super Bowl wins and neither has even gotten close to that game.

foofighters

Reaction score
Well we don't know if Dalton will even be here to "build around", and even if he is here, we don't know that he'd accept a real team friendly salary, or that Dak will still be pushing for the supposed $40 mil a year, after the injury.

Lots of uncertainties....
I can get on board with that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
for 35-40 million you need a playmaker. Someone who makes plays when everything breaks down. Dak is not that guy consistently at all. He may do it here and there but I have not seen it when it counts for a good long while!
He's made plenty of plays. No idea what you've been watching. There was such a enormous and obvious drop-off after he got injured that it's barely debatable.
Take a look at all the QBs drafted since 2016. Just the first round. I'd leave out 2020 to be fair and give them at least a season. Next, tell me how easy it is to simply find a QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wonder how a guy that went, "Hollywood" knows as much about football as he does?? This has translated into his new job. Which in just his first year, he was already one of the best because of how prepared he was. So he basically never prepared as QB but then when he switches jobs, he all of a sudden turns the lights on? Your hatred still blinds you after all these years.

So lets measure Dak like we measured Romo. Both are equal in Super Bowl wins and neither has even gotten close to that game.
That's funny. Nice spin. To be a starting QB in the NFL, one has to be smart enough to understand the playbook and read defenses. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge the most obvious: One went Hollywood. The other one hasn't. One lives and breathes football 24/7 and improves himself for the game of football. The other one, not so much.

You're lovefest even 5 years later is nauseating.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's made plenty of plays. No idea what you've been watching. There was such a enormous and obvious drop-off after he got injured that it's barely debatable.
Take a look at all the QBs drafted since 2016. Just the first round. I'd leave out 2020 to be fair and give them at least a season. Next, tell me how easy it is to simply find a QB.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

streetcredit

Reaction score
The correlation between Dak's yardage and net win/loss points is slightly negative (I checked with stats on ESPN over last 2 years).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Crazy times we are living in. :facepalm:

Dak is strictly a salary cap thing. I think he’s a solid QB.

If all we can do is beat bad teams with Dak why would we pay him that kind of money when Dalton can do it too?

The best option is to roll the dice in the draft and have money to build the entire TEAM and not become the fighting Dak’s.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak is strictly a salary cap thing. I think he’s a solid QB.

If all we can do is beat bad teams with Dak why would we pay him that kind of money when Dalton can do it too?

The best option is to roll the dice in the draft and have money to build the entire TEAM and not become the fighting Dak’s.

Here's where I get confused. WHO are we spending this money on?????? Stephen has been consistent and clear it's highly unlikely it goes to an outside free agent. We don't have any big-time defensive players contracts coming down the pipe ( LVE maybe but that's debatable). So I ask again..... who's getting all this so-called extra money we can use by not signing Dak?

csirl

Reaction score

A sure why dont we give Goodell a call and tell him we dont want any draft picks ever.....they"re "too risky". Safer not to make any picks. Sure maybe we should stop playing football as well as its too risky. Those pesky regular seasons always wreck a great offseason where Dak is the best player ever.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A sure why dont we give Goodell a call and tell him we dont want any draft picks ever.....they"re "too risky". Safer not to make any picks. Sure maybe we should stop playing football as well as its too risky. Those pesky regular seasons always wreck a great offseason where Dak is the best player ever.
What the hell are you even talking about? Lol.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That's funny. Nice spin. To be a starting QB in the NFL, one has to be smart enough to understand the playbook and read defenses. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge the most obvious: One went Hollywood. The other one hasn't. One lives and breathes football 24/7 and improves himself for the game of football. The other one, not so much.

You're lovefest even 5 years later is nauseating.
I get defending Dak, but you're trying to silence the haters by being a hater. Romo pretty clearly lives and breathes football. You dont go from UDFA to starting QB without being a student of the game. The only knock on romo was he had a hobby that was in the public eye.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Crazy times we are living in. :facepalm:
Nah the crazy times are when people like yourself tell half a story just to try to manipulate people to agree with your side. Number 1 sign you're full of expletive. If your story really had merit you'd tell the whole story and not a butchered version buy you people are on copium over Dak smh.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Here's where I get confused. WHO are we spending this money on?????? Stephen has been consistent and clear it's highly unlikely it goes to an outside free agent. We don't have any big-time defensive players contracts coming down the pipe ( LVE maybe but that's debatable). So I ask again..... who's getting all this so-called extra money we can use by not signing Dak?
On top of that, don't extend players like Crawford and you have even more space.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
for 35-40 million you need a playmaker. Someone who makes plays when everything breaks down. Dak is not that guy consistently at all. He may do it here and there but I have not seen it when it counts for a good long while!
Have you watched a Cowboys game in the last two years?

Reactions: G2

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Keep in mind Dalton threw for 300-plus yards against a 4-9-1 team that gives up 8 yards per attempt, nearly 69% completions and has a 104.2 rating, which is 29th in the league...
Who cares? I guarantee you don't say this when Dak does the same so spare us this logic. You can lie and say you do but without proof again spare me.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That is because Dalton wins those games and Dak loses. It’s wrong because the defense was terrible when Dak played and because Dalton didn’t s cheaper. I think that is why people want to keep Dalton and get rid of Dak. If you can keep them both, do it. If not, I think we shouldnrole with that kid who played Qb for Dallas against the Steelers. Forgot his name.

csirl

Reaction score
What the hell are you even talking about? Lol.

:huh:. All those people on CZ who keep on telling us we have to sign Dak as drafting is too risky.

People forget that draft picks are given out annually for free! They are not a risk. They are an opportunity to find players.