Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Um....we're ALL losers.
Yeah but there's levels to it. I dont' want Andy Dalton type losers around my team. If I'm speaking as a GM of course. If I'm trying to hire someone to be a pastor for me or someone to give meals to the homeless then Andy Dalton is the #1 guy for me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but there's levels to it. I dont' want Andy Dalton type losers around my team. If I'm speaking as a GM of course. If I'm trying to hire someone to be a pastor for me or someone to give meals to the homeless then Andy Dalton is the #1 guy for me.
I understand. But..in MY book.....he hasn't given us any less than we already had.

It's my opinion the team is SO bad they got TWO QB's injured.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I dont know why people (like you) must always be insulting when somebody has another opinion then them.

Those kind of people cant be taken serious.

That's what a lot of Dak fans do, they insult because they get frustrated that the fans that don't agree with there take. It's a childish way of communicating, and this guy always does it.

Motorola

Reaction score
I've always kinda wondered about this. Between the draft and other teams maybe wanting to go in another direction......but it's just these two?
Our most recent QB1 & QB2 - therefore the debate.
After this past season, I doubt Dalton garners any interest as a starter elsewhere (in previous posts, I tentatively mentioned the Broncos and Patriots).
A return to the Cowboys as a backup is probable, unless another team offers more $$$$...and they are a contender.
Dalton is a little more than two past his 33rd birthday....so retirement not on the horizon yet.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In regards to Gilbert and Dinucci? He did not give us worse I agree 100%.

Nope. To any of them including Dak.

What have we accomplished...with Dak? We sitting at generally the same place as always. 2016? It's my very humble opinion that was Tony's team. I know...i know...we got us a romo lover here.

I have said before...even though I wanted Tony to resume his starting role...not keep Dak because of superstition....I respect the way he played and handled things.

Since then...well...same boat as now. Bottom line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope. To any of them including Dak.

What have we accomplished...with Dak? We sitting at generally the same place as always. 2016? It's my very humble opinion that was Tony's team. I know...i know...we got us a romo lover here.

I have said before...even though I wanted Tony to resume his starting role...not keep Dak because of superstition....I respect the way he played and handled things.

Since then...well...same boat as now. Bottom line.
If we are arguing accomplishments.....Dak has 2 more playoff wins despite playing only 5 years....

I mean using your argument what has Tony Romo accomplished that Andy Dalton didn't? I mean even Andy Dalton made the playoffs 5 times....

shabazz

Reaction score
If we are arguing accomplishments.....Dak has 2 more playoff wins despite playing only 5 years....

I mean using your argument what has Tony Romo accomplished that Andy Dalton didn't? I mean even Andy Dalton made the playoffs 5 times....

Sure he does......Dakota is 1-2 in the playoffs.

We know u wish he had 2 wins.....but alas it’s 2 losses and 1 whole win in 5 years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure he does......Dakota is 1-2 in the playoffs.

We know u wish he had 2 wins.....but alas it’s 2 losses and 1 whole win in 5 years
You're right my mistake he has 2 playoff appearances and only won 1 game. Let me do my research and see how many playoff wins your savior Andeesus Dalton has and I'll be right back.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo, Dak and Dalton walk into a bar and sit down. The bartender "Hey, guys...I know who you are, how you doing, what can I get you to drink"?

Romo says, "We just came in for a drink after practice and I was bragging about how good I was at football". "Cool, what you like to drink"?
He orders water.

Bartender says, "How about you Dak, what would you like to drink"? Dak says, "I'll take some water too, because I was telling my two buddies how good I am playing football." You got it said the bartender.

Bartender says, "What you like to drink, Dalton?" He says, "Give me a shot of whiskey...I been hanging out with these two guys bragging about how good they play football, I'm just here for a short while." Got it, said the bartender.

But before the bartender was going to get the drinks, the manager came out from a back room, saw those three guys and yelled, "Hey! Jeff (the bartender), get over here and stop what you are doing, those idiots play for the Dallas Cowboy"!

Then the manager got all upset and said, "Hey! All three of you get the hell out of my bar, all three of you suck...and don't come back here again, you hear me!"

Well, they get off the bar stool with their heads hung low and walked out to their limo...and Jeff got fired.

shabazz

Reaction score
You're right my mistake he has 2 playoff appearances and only won 1 game. Let me do my research and see how many playoff wins your savior Andeesus Dalton has and I'll be right back.

Nice “straw-man” attempt, but most of us know that Dalton is a has been who never was.

In their primes, there’s not much difference between these 2 average Qbs. Both put up wins against crappy teams in the regular season with a few exceptions, and both have failed in their respective playoff appearances.

If it makes you feel better, most of us will admit that Dakota and Andrew are better than Ryan Leaf....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nice “straw-man” attempt, but most of us know that Dalton is a has been who never was.

In their primes, there’s not much difference between these 2 average Qbs. Both put up wins against crappy teams in the regular season with a few exceptions, and both have failed in their respective playoff appearances.

If it makes you feel better, most of us will admit that Dakota and Andrew are better than Ryan Leaf....
Except one of them is tied with Tom Brady for the best career QB Rating of all time.....and then the other is tied with Jeff Garcia for 31st......no comparison at all.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Except one of them is tied with Tom Brady for the best career QB Rating of all time.....and then the other is tied with Jeff Garcia for 31st......no comparison at all.

From what google jesus tells me, Tom Brady is #3 and Romo is #5...I don't see Prescott in the top 5.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree....Tony is one of my favorite players for a few reasons...over-achiever...for one. But at the end of the day....we got nothing.