Dalvin Cook to visit Cowboys

Offsides

Reaction score
I would add Nwangwu from the vikes to the list of RB's that could help the RB room. Samji Perine is also available. Vikes trying to trade Nwangwu and may cut him if not dealt.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The locker room stuff is definitely overrated. Yeah Zeke friends on the team and coaching staff are happy to have him.

Zeke being absent from the locker room
How did it affect the team last season? Zero affect.
Now do short yardage and red zone effect. Never mind I will do it for you..

In 2022 Zeke had 35 red zone carries for 97 yards (2.8), 12 TDs and 15 first downs. He also had 25 3rd and 3 or less totes and converted those into 110 yards (4.4) , 18 first downs and 3 TDs.

In 2023 Pollard had 60 red zone carries for 164 yards (2.7) 5 TDs and 16 first downs. He had 14 3rd and 3 or less carries for 56 yards (4.0) 1 TD and 11 first downs.

I know there is probably some overlap but looking at the raw numbers Zeke got the desired result in the red zone 28 out of 35 times. By my calculations that 80% success rate. On short yardage he converted 21 of 25 or 84%.
Compare that with what Pollard did last year and it's 21 of 60 in the red zone or 35%. And on 3rd and short it was 12 of 14 for a hefty 85.7%.

So where Zeke really separates is in the red zone. With a more than double success rate over Pollard. This really gets driven home when you look at 10 and in carries.

In 2022 Zeke had 26 carries at the 10 yard line or closer. He scored 11 times and got 13 first downs there. 25 out of 26. I won't even bother to do the math on that..
In 2023 TP had 30 carries from the 10 yard line or closer. He scored 5 times and got 8 first downs. That's 13 out of 30. Do I even need to say it? They really tried to make Pollard "the guy" in those situations last season and he failed. These numbers clearly illustrate that the Cowboys missed Zeke in those situations last season. I have to admit that even I was surprised at how many red zone totes they gave him. Almost double what they had given Zeke the previous year. And the results were pretty bad. The 14 3rd and short totes were telling also. Even though he came through on a high percentage, the sample size was pretty small for a feature back.

Looking at this.. I am really glad we have Zeke back on the squad.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Now do short yardage and red zone effect. Never mind I will do it for you..

In 2022 Zeke had 35 red zone carries for 97 yards (2.8), 12 TDs and 15 first downs. He also had 25 3rd and 3 or less totes and converted those into 110 yards (4.4) , 18 first downs and 3 TDs.

In 2023 Pollard had 60 red zone carries for 164 yards (2.7) 5 TDs and 16 first downs. He had 14 3rd and 3 or less carries for 56 yards (4.0) 1 TD and 11 first downs.

I know there is probably some overlap but looking at the raw numbers Zeke got the desired result in the red zone 28 out of 35 times. By my calculations that 80% success rate. On short yardage he converted 21 of 25 or 84%.
Compare that with what Pollard did last year and it's 21 of 60 in the red zone or 35%. And on 3rd and short it was 12 of 14 for a hefty 85.7%.

So where Zeke really separates is in the red zone. With a more than double success rate over Pollard. This really gets driven home when you look at 10 and in carries.

In 2022 Zeke had 26 carries at the 10 yard line or closer. He scored 11 times and got 13 first downs there. 25 out of 26. I won't even bother to do the math on that..
In 2023 TP had 30 carries from the 10 yard line or closer. He scored 5 times and got 8 first downs. That's 13 out of 30. Do I even need to say it? They really tried to make Pollard "the guy" in those situations last season and he failed. These numbers clearly illustrate that the Cowboys missed Zeke in those situations last season. I have to admit that even I was surprised at how many red zone totes they gave him. Almost double what they had given Zeke the previous year. And the results were pretty bad. The 14 3rd and short totes were telling also. Even though he came through on a high percentage, the sample size was pretty small for a feature back.

Looking at this.. I am really glad we have Zeke back on the squad.

You’re comparing Zeke to Pollard. Pollard wasn’t a red zone power back. He had other skills. But that wasn’t one of them.

How about getting a new running back who can do redzone work and isn’t a liability everywhere else on the field because he has zero burst?

Is that too much to ask?

Again no disrespect to Zeke but he has a very limited skillset now due to his age and hits over his career. I want weapons at RB. We have none.

Reactions: CWR

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You’re comparing Zeke to Pollard. Pollard wasn’t a red zone power back. He had other skills. But that wasn’t one of them.

How about getting a new running back who can do redzone work and isn’t a liability everywhere else on the field because he has zero burst?

Is that too much to ask?

Again no disrespect to Zeke but he has a very limited skillset now due to his age and hits over his career. I want weapons at RB. We have none.
I disagree but we'll see come the regular season. If he fails to produce no one will cheer louder to play someone who does. Hell I lobbied for him to be shelved for 6-8 weeks after the knee injury in 2021. Not only because the injury cost him his ability to be productive but because I felt it would have lingering implications on his career going forward. As a running back you simply do not mess around with the wheels. He and the Cowboys did and it cost them both. I'm hoping his wheels are heeled now at least to the point where he can be effective. If he isn't, we will need to sub for him. I'm just not ready to declare him to be finished as some are. I've watched this game a long time and I have seen players battle through injuries (and stupid coaching), look "done" yet come out the other side still very good players. I think Zeke can do that.. but the proof will be made on the field one way or the other.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree but we'll see come the regular season. If he fails to produce no one will cheer louder to play someone who does. Hell I lobbied for him to be shelved for 6-8 weeks after the knee injury in 2021. Not only because the injury cost him his ability to be productive but because I felt it would have lingering implications on his career going forward. As a running back you simply do not mess around with the wheels. He and the Cowboys did and it cost them both. I'm hoping his wheels are heeled now at least to the point where he can be effective. If he isn't, we will need to sub for him. I'm just not ready to declare him to be finished as some are. I've watched this game a long time and I have seen players battle through injuries (and stupid coaching), look "done" yet come out the other side still very good players. I think Zeke can do that.. but the proof will be made on the field one way or the other.

They did the same thing to Dez too. Rushed him back from a foot injury too soon. Dez was never the same again.

Very short sighted myopic decisions by the coaches/FO

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Idiotic post. It does matter how they perform.

The real story is that, per usual, Jethro is about 6 years behind what REAL GMs are doing. Which is to not over pay for a RB. And per usual, once he finally gets it, he still doesnt get it.

You dont go from over paying to having nothing. He has no plan. No insight. But hey, he does have a lot of money.

Reactions: CWR