Dalvin Cook to visit Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The extra emphasis is likely due to frustration with the FO more than anything.

The FO should have never even looked to re-sign Zeke. They are resigning him due to personal relationship period. Not because it’s the best option for the team.

It is personal with the FO to be honest. At least for me it is.

It’s nothing against Zeke.

Also, you may get that he is washed. But there are some posters here who are still trying to sell Zeke snake oil like signing him was a good idea.
He will be good for the locker room. He can still contribute. Zeke didn’t force them to sign him. They didn it on their own.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He will be good for the locker room. He can still contribute. Zeke didn’t force them to sign him. They didn it on their own.

Yeah I know which is why I said I blame them.

Good for the locker room, can still contribute.

Same things could be said for a younger RB who can actually still run with fresh legs.

“Good for the locker room” is what people
Say when they know the player is useless on the field anymore.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The extra emphasis is likely due to frustration with the FO more than anything.

The FO should have never even looked to re-sign Zeke. They are resigning him due to personal relationship period. Not because it’s the best option for the team.

It is personal with the FO to be honest. At least for me it is.

It’s nothing against Zeke.

Also, you may get that he is washed. But there are some posters here who are still trying to sell Zeke snake oil like signing him was a good idea.
Zeke's short yardage, goal line and pass protection abilities alone were reason enough to sign him for me. We all saw this team struggle mightily punching it in on the goal line without him last season and we saw far too many lookout blocks from our backs. 2-3 million is fair for both sides. I expect Zeke to give us that and then one or two turn back the clock games where he goes for a buck twenty five and a couple of TDs. Again.. all the line has to do is block for him and he will be fine. Sure there will be games when he won't have it. That comes with age.. but I am going to predict right now that he finishes more games above 4 ypc than below it. Again.. so long as the line blocks..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I know which is why I said I blame them.

Good for the locker room, can still contribute.

Same things could be said for a younger RB who can actually still run with fresh legs.

“Good for the locker room” is what people
Say when they know the player is useless on the field anymore.
I disagree. Jerome Bettis was a shell of his former self but he contributed on the goal line and locker room for the Steelers. Zeke is the least of my concern. They should’ve addressed running back this year or last. I’m more upset about that.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you haven't heard it's because you weren't listening. It was reported that during the first joint practice he had multiple house call runs.. Pretty much after seeing him rip the Rams defense a new one the coaching staff decided they had seen enough and decided to put him in bubble wrap until September 8th. They might just have been hiding him from prying eyes so they can cut him loose on the Browns.
He actually fumbled in that joint practice and then almost lost another one. To pretend he was so awesome that they are now hiding him is pretty funny.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zeke's short yardage, goal line and pass protection abilities alone were reason enough to sign him for me. We all saw this team struggle mightily punching it in on the goal line without him last season and we saw far too many lookout blocks from our backs. 2-3 million is fair for both sides. I expect Zeke to give us that and then one or two turn back the clock games where he goes for a buck twenty five and a couple of TDs. Again.. all the line has to do is block for him and he will be fine. Sure there will be games when he won't have it. That comes with age.. but I am going to predict right now that he finishes more games above 4 ypc than below it. Again.. so long as the line blocks..

Really because I’ve also seen Zeke get stopped by the goal line a bunch too. Several times in his last couple of seasons as cowboys he got tackled in the open field by one guy and couldn’t punch it in.

Zeke has a very limited skill set that is really not worthy of being on a roster
At this point in his career.

When you could find somebody younger with more explosion that can also block and do goal line runes.

Yeah he can run up the middle on short yardage and goal lines. But he also limits your offense when he is in there. If it’s a short yardage play or goal line play and Zeke is in. Will the defense be worried about the edges? No. They know Zeke doesn’t have the speed to get to the edge anymore.

I just think signing him was more about the FO re signing one of “their guys” rather than turning the page and trying to actually improve the position.

None of this I blame Zeke for. He has given up everything he has to give. This is the NFL. RB’s just can’t take the abuse for long periods of time.

I blame the FO more than anyone. The same FO that wasted Zeke’s prime.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree. Jerome Bettis was a shell of his former self but he contributed on the goal line and locker room for the Steelers. Zeke is the least of my concern. They should’ve addressed running back this year or last. I’m more upset about that.

Jerome Bettis also nearly cost his team in the playoffs with that horrific fumble.

The Steelers didn’t get where they were because of Bettis. It was in spite of him and more to
Do with the hall of fame QB they drafted.

The whole locker room thing is vastly overrated. Zeke being in the locker room. How much does that impact the teams W/L record? Zilch, zero. The cowboys aren’t winning or losing anymore games because Zeke is in the locker room.

What’s the best advice Zeke can give in a locker room? “Don’t be a complete moron like I was the first half of my career”

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Didn't they sign him about three days after Freeman? Seems he checks the same boxes.

Beaker42

Reaction score
That's crazy. First, Joseph, now this? Washed up Vikings are us?

R.63ad359d55eebdd52e1dbe3e500279be
Cook still has a lot of tread left.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerome Bettis also nearly cost his team in the playoffs with that horrific fumble.

The Steelers didn’t get where they were because of Bettis. It was in spite of him and more to
Do with the hall of fame QB they drafted.

The whole locker room thing is vastly overrated. Zeke being in the locker room. How much does that impact the teams W/L record? Zilch, zero. The cowboys aren’t winning or losing anymore games because Zeke is in the locker room.

What’s the best advice Zeke can give in a locker room? “Don’t be a complete moron like I was the first half of my career”
I’ve heard coaches and players speak on the example Zeke shows. Despite how you feel about him and what he did 8 years ago he’s a professional. I’m not on the locker room with him so I can’t say what he contributes or not. Just listen to the players and coaches all we can do.

I never said Bettis was why they won he brought goal line offense and leadership. All I said was he contributed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve heard coaches and players speak on the example Zeke shows. Despite how you feel about him and what he did 8 years ago he’s a professional. I’m not on the locker room with him so I can’t say what he contributes or not. Just listen to the players and coaches all we can do.

I never said Bettis was why they won he brought goal line offense and leadership. All I said was he contributed.

The locker room stuff is definitely overrated. Yeah Zeke friends on the team and coaching staff are happy to have him.

Zeke being absent from the locker room
How did it affect the team last season? Zero affect.

Offsides

Reaction score
Zach Evans seems to struggle to fit into McVay's system. I'd rather trade for him than sign Dalvin cook. If Kyren williams gets hurt Evans might spit carries with Corum. They still have rivers and McVay seems reluctant to play Evans. I've always like Evans running ability from TCU days.. Rams could bring back Boston Scott who is probably better than Cook at this point.