Dalvin Cook to visit Cowboys

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
*IF* they were to sign cook, I'd figure the rotation would be: Dowdle - Zeke - Vaughn/Cook

but but what about Luepke? Practice Squad.

This preseason I saw good push from the OLine. Beebe did better than I expected, as did Guyton and we know what they have in TSmith and Martin.

Right now, Steele might be the "weakest" guy on the OLine, but drop a TE there and I think they can roll without a FB.

Zeke still is probably still a monster in pass protection, so RB2 makes sense.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Deuce is the only big play threat we have in the backfield and his performance this preseason should cement him as the 3rd RB.

If they bring in Cook, then I think it spells the end for Dowdle.

Zeke, Cook, Vaughn

And Luepke stays as a FB/TE hybrid

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cool, another formerly good back that has slowed down.
Thing what people need to realize is....Cook has always been talented...super talented....yet always got by on it. The fact he's been hanging out there...not much interest...
Think it's opened up his eyes....has finally put some work in to get into shape....I would roll the dice...just because when he's on....he can fly. Rumor is he's in the best condition of his life....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If it is 3rd down and the Cowboys need 2 yards, Zeke will get 2 yards.

If it is 3rd down and the Cowboys need 4 yards, Zeke will get 2 yards.
Makes me wonder if maybe the plan all along was Zeke as FB instead of Luepke....

Kinda makes sense if Zeke can block just a little bit....he can already pass block on 3rd down ....sure would throw a wrench into how people view our running game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
1075 of Cooks total NFL carries came within a 4 year span before his massive drop off with the Jets. TON OF WEAR. McFadden for a 5 year span before signing with Dallas had 821 carries, then he fell off the map in his one good year with us. A McFadden type situation would be ideal but I feel like Cooks has just as much wear if not more than Zeke at this stage in both their careers. Doesn't look good imo, even at league min.
Hmmmm...would be interesting to see their college careers + pro carries....because Arkansas rode McFadden like a rented mule.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That's crazy. First, Joseph, now this? Washed up Vikings are us?

R.63ad359d55eebdd52e1dbe3e500279be
Zimmer taking over ...one washed up Viking @ a time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cook had a nice year in 22 than was stuck in the Jets sh!# show last year. Probably better than what we have.
Most people don't understand the crap show the Jets O-line was last year....I mean...they had one job...keep Aaron Rodgers upright....they made it 3 plays before the doom sat in. They ruined Zach Wilson....and Sam Darnold....So I wouldn't put a fork into Cook just yet...less carries last year...maybe he could bounce back

NorthDalal

Reaction score
We're going to have our hands full deciding which 3.5 YPC RB to put out there
Except that 3.5 yds behind the worthless NE line = 4.5 behind ours.,but don't let me spoil your fun with facts.So who would you rather have next to Dak Prescott on 3rd and 6th?
Pass catching monster back 4 time probowler or 155 lb. 5'5" too small to play #42.