Dalvin Cook to visit Cowboys

plasticman

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if maybe the plan all along was Zeke as FB instead of Luepke....

Kinda makes sense if Zeke can block just a little bit....he can already pass block on 3rd down ....sure would throw a wrench into how people view our running game.
Zeke leading Rico through the middle of the line composed of Tyler Smith, Zack Martin, and Cooper Beebe.

The Cowboys wouldn't do that all the time or even in every game. However, depending on the opponent, they could do that in the redzone or they could use it to protect a lead late in the 4th quarter.

Defenses today aren't built to stop a power running attack featuring a two-back formation. There would also be opportunistic passing plays that could take advantage of defenses built for speed and not size and strength.

To win in the NFL, a team has to look at the most popular offensive trends along with the types of defenses built to stop it. Then they build an offense that is the opposite of that trend and for which NFL defenses are not built to stop.

In the late 80's, early 90's, it was all about the 49er style sophisticated offensive gameplan with multiple dynamic scoring threats. The defenses needed quicker OLB's and DE, sacrificing size for speed.

Jimmy Johnson built a monster O-line with the toughest, hardnosed RB in the game and rammed him right up the defense's gut. Then the moment the safeties had to get closer to the line to defend the run, it was time for the Playmaker and his squad to run free.

There was no complex designer plays, it wasn't a game of chess. The opponent knew what the Cowboys were going to do. Sometimes the Cowboys told them. They still couldn't stop the Cowboys. It was pure brute strength and guys like Gogan, Allen, Newton, Tuinei and Williams were unapologetic bullies.

They set the west coast offense, Coryell offense and any other prolific passing style on pause for a decade.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nobody dislikes Zeke. He’s washed up. He’s a washed up, old RB that really shouldn’t be playing anymore. That’s just the reality.

It’s just calling a spade a spade.
Well spade you’re wrong Zeke is not washed up

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are we trying to sign more RBs?
IMG-0472.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
Hopefully Zeke is retiring.
I hope so. I don’t want Zeke and Cook. I’ll take one or the other. Preferably Zeke because he knows the offense and is good at short yardage. But if they sign Cook then I don’t want Zeke. I don’t want 2 washed RBs that will take away snaps from the young guys. I wish we could have seen Zeke in some preseason games to know if he’s washed. So as of right now I don’t want both.

plymkr

Reaction score
Zeke wouldn’t be the odd man out. He was a lot more productive than Cook last season. Cook did virtually nothing. He had just over 200 yards rushing with zero TDs and averaged only 3.2. If anyone looks washed up, it’s him.
Ouch. Then yeah don’t sign him. Just keep Zeke, Vaughn, Freeman and Lupke

stinkface

Reaction score
That is the most important phrase for Jerry's hype machine.
I remember about 3 years ago when we were on hard knocks and Jerry said Zeke was in the best shape of his life. As I recall that year he pretty much sucked. PS. He is now 3 years older.

cristglo

Reaction score
My goodness some of you cry when Jerry does nothing now that he is turning over rocks you cry about that.
We haven't signed him Its worth a look.
We haven't seen Zeke yet and some of you have him with one foot in the grave.
I would rather they take a look than to stand idle

stinkface

Reaction score
Work out for him today it appears. If he passes muster it's all about compensation. PS. They should have him run a 40 against Zeke.