BoysForLife

Reaction score
I agree with the first 4th down gamble

Second time he should have absolutely kicked FG to tie

His ego got the better of him there

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yea, it wouldn't have been so bad if he was consistent this game. For example, if he had went for the TD before the half instead of the FG than those other 4th down calls wouldve made sense, but he went for the FG to go up 17, why didn't he do that again in the second half?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's done more for the Lions since any Dallas Cowboy coach since Switzer. He's not getting fired. Saying that though, he did cost the Lions that game. His stubbornness has cost him more than once this year.

Jayinem

Reaction score
He said he has no regrets going for it on 4th twice, but if both of those were made FGs the Lions would have won by 3 instead of lost by 3.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
He said he has no regrets going for it on 4th twice, but if both of those were made FGs the Lions would have won by 3 instead of lost by 3.
Of course he doesn't. What do you expect him to say? Dumb decisions.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about Fire Mike Mc Carthy. I wouldn't want this loser Anywhere Near my team. His Pop Warner antics cost

The Lion this game. He interjected himself into the game and it was no need to, besides his EGO. Trying to be hard, trying to be Macho, turns out you are just a stupid

wannabe assswhole who cannot coach. He cost his team the game and they don't get to play in a Super Bowl Because of him. And they played hard enough to win.

Detroit I would like to say I feel for you, but I'd be lying. You hired that Butt Munch
The coach did not lose that game due to his playcalling, his players lost the game due to their lack of execution. Reynolds was the momentum stopper on more than one key play. That said, fumble and a score by SF a couple of couple of minutes (if that) later didn't help as well.

Honestly feel sorry for Detroit fans. Most likely one of the biggest meltdowns in the second half. Actually made me look. It was the BIGGEST meltdown in any NFL championship game.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Campbell definitely made some coaching errors, but the team itself fell apart as well.

For those calling for the guy's job, I wonder if the Cowboys would have won back to back Superbowls had Jimmy gotten fired after his 1-15 season, and his 6-10 season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well...if nothing else, he has been consistent in being ultra-aggressive all year.

Eddie

Reaction score
4th and 2 in FG range. Just take the 3.

That's the difference in the game.

Eddie

Reaction score
Drops are part of the game. We can't say, "If he didn't drop that pass".

But that egotistical gambling on 4th down cost them the game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep, same as when they played us. Tough guy mentality cost him both games.
thats right. The difference in the final score is the 2 terrible decisions he made, 6 points. Its really indefensible what he did. If this was MM JJ would have actually fired him last night. The media would be livid. Dan ... the honeymoon is over in Detroit. The media will turn fast and it might get ugly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its the coaches' job to check the temperature in the room, do then whats best in the moment. The truth is, the mo was starting to turn and all he had to do was take the fg attempts. I feel they would have won the game.

Cydios

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about Fire Mike Mc Carthy. I wouldn't want this loser Anywhere Near my team. His Pop Warner antics cost

The Lion this game. He interjected himself into the game and it was no need to, besides his EGO. Trying to be hard, trying to be Macho, turns out you are just a stupid

wannabe assswhole who cannot coach. He cost his team the game and they don't get to play in a Super Bowl Because of him. And they played hard enough to win.

Detroit I would like to say I feel for you, but I'd be lying. You hired that Butt Munch
I think this says it best.
8dytgw.jpg

Aven8

Reaction score
After he went for two after trying to deceive us/refs in our game and was pushed back to like the 8 everyone should have known. To do it in the NFC Championship game?! Dumb

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
His track record is less than poor this year.

Fake punts
Going for 2 multiple times after trying to be cute on a tackle eligible play.
Clocked the ball too early against TB
Passing up 2 times to kick FGs to tie the game
Runs from inside the 5 and blows a TO.

Total clown