Dan Le Batard on Zeke

superonyx

Reaction score
There is only one person that can solve this fat or PHAT issue.
I demand that Tiffany Thompson release that video now
Dude!

polish_people_having_fun_640_13.jpg

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Can Garrett drive home that message? That's the question
Rubber meet road. Let's see how we come out in the game with AZ. If we're flat and players look dejected and we ultimately lose the game, look out. JG will be back on the hot seat with the media as his mantra may be wearing thin. I doubt this happens but will be interesting to see.

visionary

Reaction score
Or he could try to motivate teammates like Dez Bryant used to do on the sidelines and have all the media say he is unhinged and blaming everyone else while dividing the locker room.

Lol at Dez being an effective motivator
Guy takes plays off when he's not the target
"Motivate" yourself first before expecting others to follow you

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is can you count on him to "play football"................... that's the question that has come up given his actions.

If it really wasn't an issue that concerned the team, Garrett wouldn't be out there saying what he said about having to talk to Elliott and then Jones wouldn't be trying to play damage control later. I think it's pretty obvious the front office and coaching staff has concerns over Elliott at this point.

Doesn't mean he won't straighten out and get back to killing people on the football field.
He'll play football, i'm not worried about that. As for Garrett having a talk with him, what else is he gonna tell the media? Garrett's been around the block, he's seen stuff like this before, as a player and a coach. I'm sure he isn't as worried as some of us. Let's give him a chance to make up for his immaturity. I just hope the courts do.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Zeke isn't fat.

ezekiel-elliott-broncos-postgame.jpg

Not a good picture to illustrate your point, he's got some body fat in that photo. He's not in danger of turning into an offensive lineman, but for a running back, he could be leaner.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I need to know that formula.

It's prioritizing leaness above other things. It can be tough for us citizens for so many reasons, but elite athletes don't have the same constraints and priorities we have.

If your living was predicated on your physical capabilities, it seems like it should be easy to stay in tremendous shape. Some of us seem to do it pretty well for no really good reason. I look a lot worse than the fat pic of Zeke in the winter, but by the time race days come around even I have a pretty good look, if I say so myself.

Sydla

Reaction score
He'll play football, i'm not worried about that. As for Garrett having a talk with him, what else is he gonna tell the media? Garrett's been around the block, he's seen stuff like this before, as a player and a coach. I'm sure he isn't as worried as some of us. Let's give him a chance to make up for his immaturity. I just hope the courts do.

Pretty simple. Just tell the media it's no big deal. It happens. Move on from the question.

Garrett didn't do that. He very pointedly said they need to speak to Elliott about that and it's not what they expect from a player. I think people are being naïve if they believe the front office and coaches have absolutely no concerns over Elliott at this time.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Pretty funny how people can take a picture of a guy exhaling and call him fat.

The guy was just in the ESPN body magazin a few months ago, I don’t want to share those pics though.

I agree that it's taken out of proportion but I do think the stress of what's gone on has made him a little larger. Exhaling doesn't just make a 6 pack go away. He's obviously still fit but I think he stomach and arms do look bigger overall. I'm just not freaking out right now. I think the fear for some is a Lacy situation

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dude! Does that look like thirty yards to you??? He was the closest Cowboy player standing!

How_Many_Yards.jpg

I literally said in another post he was t the 48 and the ball was behind him when his momentum stopped at the 41.

maybe read the whole thread?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not a good picture to illustrate your point, he's got some body fat in that photo. He's not in danger of turning into an offensive lineman, but for a running back, he could be leaner.
Im convinced most of y'all don't know what the expletive y'all are posting about. He isn't a bodybuilder he's a football player and that is cool for what he does. Have you ever saw Marshall Faulk body? I guess if you had you wouldn't be worried about fat Zeke.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I literally said in another post he was t the 48 and the ball was behind him when his momentum stopped at the 41.

maybe read the whole thread?

Yeah, I should have. Sorry to bust your balls.

jday

Reaction score
The weight is a issue that can easily be corrected
I'm not even sure if the weight should be described as an issue.

https://qz.com/654647/everything-you-need-to-know-about-fat-cells/

I honestly think Zeke carries more weight at the beginning of the season by design. As the season progresses, he will trim down. I think his hope is by playoffs he will have burned down to his ideal playing weight. If he started out at his ideal playing weight, he runs the risk of burning muscle as the season progresses and becoming weaker. For a player that provides the perfect balance between overall speed and his ability to get that inch, that is a very important consideration.

Bullet22

Reaction score
He looks and plays out of shape...Too much nightlife, not enough dedication to your job...