Dan Patrick, Chris Mortenson & T.O.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
I'll weigh in on the side of Danny White on this one.

As much as I hate TO...it is not reasonable to conclude that the rules of a standard work place necessarily apply to a pro football organization.

Spadowski made some good points along those lines....and I would also add that there is a big difference between 5 Million dollars and $ 15.00 an hour.

At 5 million....there are going to be some very good lawyers involved. So the employer better have an airtight case. Especially since they are the ones attempting to initiate a break in the contract.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Man...I cannot even imagine TO and Key on the same team.

I say TO can play for us...IF....he agrees to get on his knee's and kiss the start at midfield....on live camera feed.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Danny White said:
"So TO, I see you'll be missing the re-match with Roy Williams and the Cowboys."

"Well Bob, I wouldn't exactly say I'll be 'missing' the rematch."

:lmao: Great stuff Danny!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Thanks for clarifying that for me Jack, but 'deactivated' players practice and travel with the team, don't they?

If the Eagles are going to play fast and lose with categories like deactivation (and I don't know that they are), then maybe the NFLPA will have a leg to stand on. I guess it depends on whether or not a team can tell a deactivated player to just stay home.

If it's a deactivation that looks, smells and tastes like a suspension, it's a suspension.

As I said in another thread, I don't believe that a four game suspension without pay followed by inactivation is a breach of the CBA. Where I believe the potential breach lies is if Owens is denied any of the other misc. benefits bestowed upon other members of the team (access to medical staff, training facilities, etc) during his inactive status.

Rosenhaus may be the King of the Sleazes, but the man's no dummy. I just can't see him trying to bluff at such a high stakes game knowing his opponent (Eagles FO) has a history of calling bluffs. He's got an ace up his sleeve, we just don't know what it is yet.

I'm betting that there's enough of a "hostile work environment" case that the Eagles finally settle and grant Owens his release.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I have been listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio. He and Mort seem to think that the arbitrator will rule in favor of T.O. I agree. They both think that T.O. has a chance of being released by Philly at some time this season.

Dan suggests that if T.O. is released with about 4 or 5 games to go, that several teams will go after him. I also agree with this and think Dallas should be one doing the pursuing.

I am not in favor of Dallas going after T.O. in the off season. I think they may ask around and probably at least should look into it. In the end, there are too many negatives and not enough positives to sign him for a whole season and a new contract.

If he is released, that changes a lot of the circumstances. He would have less time to create havoc for Dallas. They would only have to pay him his remaining salary for the year, which is not that much. They could easily cut him in the off season with no hit to their salary cap. For that matter they could cut him after a game or two if he proves to be a nuisance. The risk is reduced quite a bit.

I think a lot of teams will approach T.O. being available this season much differently than his availablity in the off season. Short-term, high risk, high reward vs. Long-term, higher risk, high reqard. I could actually get behind him coming on for the remainder of the season.

I loved bringing in Charles Haley....I loved signing Deon Sanders.

JJ and BP will do what they think is best for the team and will help them win. However, my personal feeling is that I'd rather finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs than ever see Terrell Owens wearing a Dallas Cowboy uniform. Please....may it never be.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley said:
I loved bringing in Charles Haley....I loved signing Deon Sanders.
I loved Haley but hated Meion. His contract killed our salary cap.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Man...I cannot even imagine TO and Key on the same team.

I say TO can play for us...IF....he agrees to get on his knee's and kiss the start at midfield....on live camera feed.

I guess one question to ask is if we could afford to have both Key and TO under contract. I think Key's contract is fairly significant - 4 years $20M if I recall correctly. The problem is going to be that noone is going to give him a big bonus so you'll have to pay him year by year - kind of like frachising a player in some respects.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Hell be out before March. That's when a fat bonus is due. Unless he's coming back to play for Philly, them cats aint paying him.

I dont think if he is released we would come to terms with a contract. He's going to want big money. At the end of the day, he is arguably the best player at his position. He's going to get payed like that by somebody

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
The point it that they need to either activate him or release him. .

why? its the teams choice on who to play and not play, not the leagues

David

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
TO is a fabulous receiver, but IMHO, we don't need another receiver to get to the Super Bowl. Yes he is better that what we have, but I think what we have is good enough, especially with Crayton coming back soon.

I don't think we need him and all the problems he would bring. I truly detest TO and would root for him to break his leg on the first play in practice if he came to our team. I would still root for the Cowboys, but I would be sending hate mail to JJ.

Kilyin

Reaction score
It seems to me that Owens has no respect for any coach. I'm not sure if it would be possible to control him. I think it would take a gag order to make it work, for any team that ends up taking him in. You'd have to pay people to follow him around and make sure he doesn't get near a microphone or a camera. I bet Jerry holds a grudge over the whole star incident. Not to mention, we don't have any players managed by Rosenhaus to my knowledge and I don't think anyone is looking to change that.

Owens won't be a Cowboy, IMO.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
It seems to me that Owens has no respect for any coach. I'm not sure if it would be possible to control him. I think it would take a gag order to make it work, for any team that ends up taking him in. You'd have to pay people to follow him around and make sure he doesn't get near a microphone or a camera. I bet Jerry holds a grudge over the whole star incident. Not to mention, we don't have any players managed by Rosenhaus to my knowledge and I don't think anyone is looking to change that.

Owens won't be a Cowboy, IMO.

I have to agree with you. And both Jerry and Stephen Jones have been quoted as saying how much they value character when asked about TO. I don't really think the Cowboys would sign him, but strange things have happened before. I agree with what someone else posted earlier. I would rather go 8-8 than win a Super Bowl with TO.

It would be different if he could or would change is ways. But I don't think that's possible for TO. He is a warped person with a warped version of the world. You might say he has a logical astigmatism.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
right on, i cringed when we brought in Key. I can only stand him now because he has **** and performed well, same for Glenn. Double that for Deion (gag)..
Randy Moss and TO are the two players that I absolutely can't stand and want to see out of the league any which way sends them there fast, although preferrably I'd love for their attitude to be their undoing.
I have often prayed that I didn't have such a Dallas Cowboys addiction. They've broken my heart a thousand times and I've wanted to stop loving them so much but it hasn't worked out so well. If JJ brought in TO though, I seriously have to think that I might not care to watch them anymore.
TO and Moss represent much of what is wrong with our society today...me, me, me, nothing is ever my fault, normal rules don't apply to me, and I need not show ANYONE but myself respect.
Even if it meant getting a ring, I'd feel like the Dallas Cowboys would've have sold their soul to get it. NO TO please.

outstanding!!

great job.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I loved Haley but hated Meion. His contract killed our salary cap.

signing deion was the start of our demise.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
...and got us a 5th ring.
Sorry Hos, but I have to disagree here. We get our 5th without Meion. Lanecity is right, it was the beginning of the end.

EndGame

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Who do you want to take out of the Cowboys starting lineup? Think with T.O.’s ego he would want to be a #3 receiver? I doubt T.O. will be released this season, i think the Eagles would rather pay him and deactivate.
I don't really want the guy, but can you imagine the havok Terry Glenn or Keyshawn would cause in the slot?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EndGame said:
I don't really want the guy, but can you imagine the havok Terry Glenn or Keyshawn would cause in the slot?
That can be accomplished with other top notch WR's not named Owens.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
If he is forced to be cut, EVERY team in the playoff hunt will pursue him, except the Patriots. Harrison would lead a revolt. No team is so pure and true and good hearted they would not leap an the chance to sign T.O. if only to keep him away from their competition.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
...and got us a 5th ring.

Yep...And I don't care about the Cap stuff!

I Hated Deion before he became a Cowboy because he was Great! And he didn't play for the Cowboys!

But I wanted him bad as a Free Agent and I loved it when he was Signed by the Cowboys!

I'd take him any day of the week! And If I could have Two Corners like him...I'm In Heaven! :star:

Of course I'm talking Deion in his Prime!