Dan Patrick, Chris Mortenson & T.O.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
The arbitrator can't make them do a thing as far as releasing him....they can't FORCE a team to eat up some of their own money.

IF this Commander season-ticket holder arbitrator does rule against the Eagles...the Eagles could just say "Fine, he's now deactivated....Good day to you...". "Buh-bye!".
I can just see Reid waving to him and saying BUH BYE :lmao:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I can just see Reid waving to him and saying BUH BYE :lmao:

Nah....the owner would.

Reid would just throw his belly at her as he passes her by.

(I actually kinda like Reid. He's a classy guy, so it's hard for me to say anything bad about him when it comes to his weight.) :(

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
As he is a veteran, he is not subject to waivers. If released, he could sign with whoever he wanted.

I believe since the trade deadline has passed all players even Vets are subject to the wavier process to prevent teams from collusion like a poor team dumping good player knowing a playoff team will sign him

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Nah....the owner would.

Reid would just throw his belly at her as he passes her by.

(I actually kinda like Reid. He's a classy guy, so it's hard for me to say anything bad about him when it comes to his weight.) :(
I have gained a lot of respect for him with the way he has handled this situation.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I have gained a lot of respect for him with the way he has handled this situation.
Agreed.

He's handled this whole thing alot better than quite a few other coaches would have.

He really hasn't even said ANYTHING to the media until they suspended him....and even then, it wasn't much.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Who do you want to take out of the Cowboys starting lineup? Think with T.O.’s ego he would want to be a #3 receiver? I doubt T.O. will be released this season, i think the Eagles would rather pay him and deactivate.

Stupidest post I have ever seen. T.O. a #3 WR. I nominate this for dumbest post of 2005.

There is no WR on this roster even close to the talent T.O. has and do the things on the field he does. He comes here and he is the #1 guy real easy. Not even close.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
There is no WR on this roster even close to the talent T.O. has and do the things on the field he does. He comes here and he is the #1 guy real easy. Not even close.

I agree yet he is still not worth the turmoil that he causes to a team. Dallas right now is building some very good chemistry on this team and the last thing we need is some idiot creating trouble on this team. T.O. is not the last great WR who will play this game and the trouble he causes is just not worth the risk. T.O. upside is he makes a good WR core better but his down side is creating a split in the locker room just as he has done in San Fran and now in Philly. Face it his own teammates do not want him! that should say it all

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I do not care about these so called reports. Parcells comments about this T.O. thing are what I agree with.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
If I understand the rules correctly they cannot be overturned on the 8 weeks since they are in essence doing is not making him active for the last 4 games; it is not "technically" a suspension. He will still be on the roster and will still get paid his $200,000+ per game for the last 4 games.

Gene Upshaw has asked the team not to “inactivate” TO for the last 4 games. But he admits that it is up to them and nowhere does the CBA allow for the players to take any official action in regards to the active / inactive rosters. The CBA allows a grievance for the 4 weeks of unpaid suspension but the remained is strictly at the team’s discretion.
Thanks for clarifying that for me Jack, but 'deactivated' players practice and travel with the team, don't they?

If the Eagles are going to play fast and lose with categories like deactivation (and I don't know that they are), then maybe the NFLPA will have a leg to stand on. I guess it depends on whether or not a team can tell a deactivated player to just stay home.

If it's a deactivation that looks, smells and tastes like a suspension, it's a suspension.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Stupidest post I have ever seen. T.O. a #3 WR. I nominate this for dumbest post of 2005.

This post is even dumber because it doesn’t realize my post was asking a question to an obvious answer. Of course TO is not a #3 receiver. Thank you for making me laugh. :)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

Luckily there is no chance of coming here

DallasInDC

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I believe since the trade deadline has passed all players even Vets are subject to the wavier process to prevent teams from collusion like a poor team dumping good player knowing a playoff team will sign him

What happens if a player is claimed off waivers and refuses to sign with the team that claimed him? Does he have to sit out the year and wait until the next season to be a free agent?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
:lmao2:

Nice touch on bringing back the Lynn Scott avatar :thumbup:
I never got rid of it. I had faith that they would never fully get rid of Rasputin. I actually ran against him in track in high school (beat him too) so I do root for him even though 99% of the people on this board don't.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
31smackdown said:
Let's put this into the real world for a second and assume it was at a workplace in corporate america...

1. He was already on notice for previous inappropriate behavior.

AKA...he was on probation..could have been for anything..being late to meetings, etc..

Most of time, being on probation opens you up to a whole new subset of rules and employer rights... If I remember right, my last job it was 2 warnings, first verbal, second written, then probation, then any three "events" after that are grounds for dismissal. You agree to this during the written probation phase.

Events can include most anything deemed detrimental to the work environment and your responsibilities including being late, poor attitude, poor performance, improper behavior, violating dresscode, etc...

So.. I think..

• He did not participate in a team autograph session in training camp... violates team participation policy
• He told coach Andy Reid, his boss, to shut up and showed further disrespect by saying that his last name wasn't Reid, that he wasn't one of Reid's children..... that would be insubordination
• He told offensive coordinator Brad Childress not to speak to him unless Owens spoke to him first... yep...insubordination again
• He said he will not give his full effort.... go tell your boss that... see how they react
• He parked his car in a coach's designated spot... violation of team facility rules
• He parked his vehicle in a handicapped spot on another occasion.... violation of team facility rules
• He was late to a mandatory offensive meeting... showing up late for work or meetings is the quickest and easiest way to get written up.. regardless of your excuses or reasoning
• He failed to comply with team rules pertaining to travel attire. ... violation of dress code.. show up to work in jeans and a t-shirt randomly when everyone else is business casual.. have fun with that
• He publicly criticized the organization as "classless" and publicly criticized quarterback Donovan McNabb... conduct detrimental to the team
• He engaged in a fight with Hugh Douglas at the team facility...physical violence in the workplace...yeah.. that would be a major violation

I don't care if "this is football"... it's still a business and you cannot consistently disrespect or undermine management and the organization. A players actions are a reflection upon their coach and in the end represent the organization.

I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Lurie didn't go to TO to get this resolved, he went to Reid and once these incidents escalated beyond Reid's control, Lurie surely determined that TO was not an employee whom he would like to represent the organization any longer.

Spot on!

jem88

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear who won the fight, Douglas or Owens? Anybody know?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jem88 said:
Still waiting to hear who won the fight, Douglas or Owens? Anybody know?
Jem I have been reading the Philly press in search of a few laughs and unfortunately, no blow by blow has come out.

Probably because none were landed except one glancing one by Owens.

An initial report or two claimed TO got the better of Hugh, but it sounded like Douglas was swinging at air like a windmill and TO not much more accurate.

The definitive summary still seems to be 'TO could have caused some damage' with a swing or two if only the combatants hadn't been standing three feet away trom each other during the entire 'fight'.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
As long as the team is paying him I'm not sure TO has recourse.

rgcowboys

Reaction score
T.O. will win his suspension but the Eagles will keep him deactiveted for the rest of the season, like Tampa did with KJ. If I was the Eagles I would release him at week 16 so he would go on waivers.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
DallasInDC said:
What happens if a player is claimed off waivers and refuses to sign with the team that claimed him? Does he have to sit out the year and wait until the next season to be a free agent?

Yeah unlike baseball in the NFL if you are claimed you either play for that team or they place you on the reserve/retired list. By picking them up they pick up his contract so they could choose to keep him by paying the roster bonus next year then he is screwed.

Remember a few years ago Dieon wanted to go play for the raiders for their playoff run The Commanders cut him but San Diego picked him up on waivers to screw the Raiders. So Deion sat out until San Diego cut him (his rights)