Dan Patrick on the Cowboys: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

Blake

Reaction score
Jerry just can't accept the fact that the game he loves, he just isn't very good at it. And he takes it personally because he's so successful in business. But, even then, he's not really the one constructing his billion dollar stadium, he's not the world class engineers, he offloads all the analytical stuff to other people, which is fine because that's what good businessmen do.

The Cowboys are *his*, he calls all the shots, there isn't anything that gets installed or pieces moved around that he didn't personally approve. He does the engineering, he pours the concrete, he does all the calculations. He's all the independent contractors rolled into one.

And he thought Garrett was his "ace in the hole". Turns out, he wasn't.

We can only hope that his ego will get the best possible candidate for the job after this.

Has a little Vince McMahon in him. Inept outside of his one niche.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I don't know why that would save his job. Dallas would end the season 6-10. Heck, I don't know how 7-9 could save his job at this point.
Because Jerry would look at a 3 game winning streak as something positive to go into next season. It's Jerry psycho thinking and that's who we're dealing with.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
No they don't! They are a bunch of do-nothings who accept this losing year after year after year.

100% true. Jerry is not the problem, the fan are. We are enabling him to keep doing what he is enjoying right now, fans scream for his signature and take a picture with him, keep paying their hard earned money to go watch his pathetic so-called football team, and buy his merchandise.

The fans are paying to follow and support mediocrity, and they got exactly what they asked for

:cool:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Here's a flashback from 2012 and history repeating itself:

Tim Macmahon is the reporter asking the tough questions. Coincidentally, he no longer covers the Dallas Cowboys.

I remember this interview. The insulting thing about all of this is I know he's aware of this. I know he's aware that he is THE problem. I just don't think he cares. There will be people that say he does. But I have my doubts. Because the track record of a game in the last 23 years is not kept by any sane organization that cares.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just think you get cheap Stephen after that...

In a capped league, what you need is a GM who gets value for the dollar. As owner, I think Stephen will demand that, but I don't see a Stephen led Cowboys being one of the low spending franchises.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember this interview. The insulting thing about all of this is I know he's aware of this. I know he's aware that he is THE problem. I just don't think he cares. There will be people that say he does. But I have my doubts. Because the track record of a game in the last 23 years is not kept by any sane organization that cares.

I still can't believe that his only answer was "yeah but he doesn't own the team".

I mean, really?
:huh:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
25 teams have more playoff wins in the last 20 years than the Dallas Cowboys and may be 27 teams depending how the rest of the year plays out. Teams like the Jags, Buccaneers and Texans have more playoff wins. The Texans haven't even been an NFL team for 20 years yet.

In the last 20 years we have 0 Conference Championship Games.
In the previous 20 years, we have 8 Conference Championship games

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Too bad the idiot owner doesn’t think like Dan Patrick. Wallet and ego is more important.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Makes you wonder, are "we"?

I've wondered a little about whether Jerry designed the team for wins or eyeballs.

It's unclear that winning is the best way to get eyeballs. Or the easiest. Particularly with Romo, we seemed designed for 8-8, down to the wire games, with lots of off the field antics to further boost attention.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Try to remember that the team's ineptness isn't your fault in any way. Maybe that'll help.

I used to be depressed for days over a loss, but now I barely think about it the next day.
What I miss is the excitement that each Cowboy game brings and knowing we will be competing for Championships in January. Even on the rare occasions we make the playoffs, I just wait for the other shoe to drop.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
What do you think Jerry would say if asked whether the fans deserve better? Jerry will fill you full of BS to your face, but privately says ' <bad word> the fans '.

Think a better question would be...Would Jerry be ok with running his business like the Cowboys play......

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Think a better question would be...Would Jerry be ok with running his business like the Cowboys play......
The problem is in his non-NFL business, bad decisions cost money and with the NFL the money keeps rolling in regardless of how bad the decisions made are. There are no financial repercussions for incompetence, like in any other business.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
What do you think Jerry would say if asked whether the fans deserve better? Jerry will fill you full of BS to your face, but privately says ' <bad word> the fans '.
Yep most rich people buy old collectable cars to tinker around with. Old JJ he bought himself the Dallas Cowboys to do with whatever he pleases. Sucks for us fans:facepalm:

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Yup we’re winning by 40 tomorrow. Linehan is going to pull every trick from the book, and we’ll be back to talking about the playoffs afterwards.

I’m not eating the cheese.......;)