Dan Quinn Catches Cowboys Sleeping With Genius Addition to Commanders Staff

blueblood70

Reaction score
Genius? Come now. Thats way too strong a word. Hes a good coach but dang. I will put this coaching staff up against that one and take my chances. The genius add was them getting Ken Norton Jr. We can talk about that one. We missed the boat on that one. Scott McCurley stinks and is in over his head. This would have been a big upgrade if we got him. But I bet we didn't even call. But lets back off on the Anthony Lynn thing. Many coaches are just like him.
i wouldn't go that far,

i don't think we missed out on any coaches.

lets let Zim evaluate and build this staff, maybe he can coach up coaches as well.

IMHO blaming a coach we have little knowledge of his actual input or direct involvement on the team is a bit egomaniacal.

you say hes bad, how? because the injuries and lack of talent and his old boss pushing 210lb LBers on the field 70% of the snaps ie playing nickel and dime all the time as well as those genius gameplans like hey lets play zone even know we aren't used to it or play it much in a PLAYOFF GAME! Genius!​
so now its the little-known peon of an assistant to the assistant's assistant coach is to blame for the linebacker play??? hmm that stretch might be Whitt or Quinn OR even be that tool of DL coach in Floyd that left as he had long standing issue with Zim, which is because he might be lacking effort and conditioning or SOFT, that are ALL TO BLAME.​
lucky for us they are ALL gone now.....​

Creeper

Reaction score
Apparently so did 31 other teams, no?

I don't think Dallas got caught snoozing. They have their staff. Lynn is not a mover and shaker.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He loves running the ball. To bad we didnt think about him.
that's hilarious that you think the run game coordinator somehow has control of that ie how much they run vs pass, ( btw let keep it here is it me or did the 49ers look like t....the second half and late in that game in the SB? i mean i didn't watch the whole game but i hear some negative feedback on that particular part of the play calls late in the 2nd half, no cmac not much of Deebo at all..hmm so Lynn had control of that LOL) )

might think they help in practice with their players in their meetings room but they have ZERO input on how the OC and in this case runs scheme, creates gameplan and most importantly calls and adjusts play calls IN A GAME.

Thats Mike, those assistants don't do much more then help the players practice and understand the gameplans and install plays that comes down from the OC/HC etc after that its not up to assistant to how much they run vs pass.. lmo nice that you think so..

Loso86

Reaction score

Dan Quinn catches Cowboys sleeping with genius addition to Commanders staff​

By Jerry Trotta | Feb 14, 2024​

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams / Harry How/GettyImages

We're all aware how much the Cowboys run game struggled in 2023. Lynn would have been worth a long look to work out the kinks. Improved offensive line play and a more balanced group of RBs (and having a healthy starter for a full season) would help the cause but at some point it comes down to scheme and play design.

Lynn would have moved mountains in that regard. A McKinney, Texas native, we can't help but wonder if Lynn relished the thought of returning home to coach the Cowboys. Alas, Dallas will face him twice a year in Washington next season.

Credit to Dan Quinn. He caught the Cowboys snoozing.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...to-commanders-staff-anthony-lynn-01hpm80sv2q6

Because why!??? Oh anything we do isn't good enough and what we dont do we miss out on gotcha!

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Dan Quinn catches Cowboys sleeping with genius addition to Commanders staff​

By Jerry Trotta | Feb 14, 2024​

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams / Harry How/GettyImages

We're all aware how much the Cowboys run game struggled in 2023. Lynn would have been worth a long look to work out the kinks. Improved offensive line play and a more balanced group of RBs (and having a healthy starter for a full season) would help the cause but at some point it comes down to scheme and play design.

Lynn would have moved mountains in that regard. A McKinney, Texas native, we can't help but wonder if Lynn relished the thought of returning home to coach the Cowboys. Alas, Dallas will face him twice a year in Washington next season.

Credit to Dan Quinn. He caught the Cowboys snoozing.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...to-commanders-staff-anthony-lynn-01hpm80sv2q6

So Quinn hires a guy who offense averaged 16th in the league in rushing and the Cowboys were caught snoozing? Lmao! 16th is middle of the pack and average. Yea, I’m jealous.

Kwyn

Reaction score
R.63245061b910d3196314ae51627e2d32
:muttley: somebody need a hug? The thread Title had me thinking bad thoughts. A bit misleading. Then again, it aint hard to get me thinking sideways lol.
I saw this gif and I didn’t even look to see what thread I was replying to. Is it a Dak lover thread? Even if it’s not, sign me up,

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lynn was the guy that convinced me to go to Tech.
He understands the game and how to play hard that's for sure.
Small school country kid form Celina back when it was like 2A.

But the local angle is overplayed by 10. Yes he coached here a year and yes he was born here but....
Lynn is a West coast guy now he headed East to coach with friends.
He would have been fine as a RB coach here but he did that job once before and wants to create the running plays.
Kliff will allow him to do that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
already did.
that's hilarious that people say that about filling the blank coaches name, yet they are wrong so many times LOL egg on face to that guy who cant even remember who used to work here, a simply google search would have avoided that misstatement, LOL

no one wants to work for jerry and yet Rex Ryan called up jerry and asked to interview the job , may say its coveted job and many would work here..ONly ones are maybe the Head coaches who also want to be the GM, most teams don't do that anymore.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So Quinn hires a guy who offense averaged 16th in the league in rushing and the Cowboys were caught snoozing? Lmao! 16th is middle of the pack and average. Yea, I’m jealous.
Do you even know what you're talking about? This was pathetic. You've got your facts all wrong.

The 49ers under Lynn as their running game coordinator in 2023 ended up with one of the highest total rushing yards in the NFL, one of the highest yards per carry average, one of the highest total rushing TDs, one of the highest 1st down rushing numbers and completions, one of the longest rushing yards for a TD, one of the highest amount of 20+ yard rushes and one of the highest 40+ yard rushes, plus the league's #1 rusher and rushing tandem.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/rushing/2023/reg/all

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Did you even read what I wrote and you replied to?

Here. I'll repeat it again so you can understand I'm not only addressing Dak (who I'm one of his biggest supporters around here):

"It doesn't end diddly. Dak could do it if he truly cared about getting surrounded by a better team. They (top paid team players) all could. They know there is a salary cap in effect."
One of, you are the Club leader around here...:muttley:

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Do you even know what you're talking about? This was pathetic. You've got your facts all wrong.

The 49ers under Lynn as their running game coordinator in 2023 ended up with one of the highest total rushing yards in the NFL, one of the highest yards per carry average, one of the highest total rushing TDs, one of the highest 1st down rushing numbers and completions, one of the longest rushing yards for a TD, one of the highest amount of 20+ yard rushes and one of the highest 40+ yard rushes, plus the league's #1 rusher and rushing tandem.

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/rushing/2023/reg/all
Was that Lynn or McCaffrey? Lol! And plus you need to look at his entire book of work.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Anthony Lynn was an example of HC not so good but coordinator / position coach better .
Between Solari Jeff Blasko the RB coach & Schottenheimer they all need the exit interview .