Dan Quinn Catches Cowboys Sleeping With Genius Addition to Commanders Staff

The Natural

Reaction score
I’ve never heard of a team having to face an opposing team’s RB coach

Kwyn

Reaction score
. Dak needs to give the team a discount.
This comment is like clickbait to me.

I can’t resist.

“Hometown discount” is a myth created by hopeless homers (and haters). I always think back to Oscar Gamble who said “They don't think it be like it is, but it do.”

First off, the always mentioned “example”
  • Tom Brady was paid under the table. With the money Kraft paid Brady’s TB12 company through Brady’s personal trainer, he got it all back and then some. NFL was sleeping on that no doubt.

Rodgers is a fair example. Really the only one currently, and it’s on like his 6th contract and he was probably on ayahuasca when he did it.

Of the rest … maaaayyybe Eli.

All the rest? Mahomes included, got PAID. They may have structured it to give the team flexibility, which happens all the time, Dak included, but none of them take less than every penny they can get.

This ends your PSA.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys are snoozing I just think Mike doesn't want help, he wants to run the offense his way. It's unfortunate the boys haven't attempted to bring in a better run game coordinator to help fix this huge area of concern.
that is just a ridiculous take

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This comment is like clickbait to me.

I can’t resist.

“Hometown discount” is a myth created by hopeless homers (and haters). I always think back to Oscar Gamble who said “They don't think it be like it is, but it do.”

First off, the always mentioned “example”
  • Tom Brady was paid under the table. With the money Kraft paid Brady’s TB12 company through Brady’s personal trainer, he got it all back and then some. NFL was sleeping on that no doubt.

Rodgers is a fair example. Really the only one currently, and it’s on like his 6th contract and he was probably on ayahuasca when he did it.

Of the rest … maaaayyybe Eli.

All the rest? Mahomes included, got PAID. They may have structured it to give the team flexibility, which happens all the time, Dak included, but none of them take less than every penny they can get.

This ends your PSA.
It doesn't end diddly. Dak could do it if he truly cared about getting surrounded by a better team. They (top paid team players) all could. They know there is a salary cap in effect.

GMO415

Reaction score
Let's bring in an offensive coach when the HC is the offensive coach......makes no damn sense.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It doesn't end diddly. Dak could do it if he truly cared about getting surrounded by a better team. They (top paid team players) all could. They know there is a salary cap in effect.
So, Dak should be the only player giving a discount.

Makes sense.

Using the logic of “he has plenty of money”, you might as well suggest he play for free “if he truly cared”.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So many holes to fill and so many contracts to deal with.

I honestly don't know if we're a contender or in semi-rebuild mode?

They would have to hit on almost every draft pick AND negotiate these contracts so they can get help in free agency.....do you think they can pull that off?

Because now they have to contend with the new threat Packers, Lions and Rams in addition to the Niners.

They have no choice but to extend Dak to be all in.
Yes, no margin for error in the draft and free agency,
Gonna have to thread the needle and hit on everything.
Bunch of holes on this squad.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Grow up! Act right! Got that??!!!
Newsflah! dan quinn is no longer here..

oh wait, a real cowboys story Zimmer just made 3 new hires today, yup we should talk about the deadskins, our rival and ex-coach who was the reason we lost all 5 games plkus the playoff blowout, way to hold GB to 7 tds..yipee kayay !!

good riddance DQ

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So, Dak should be the only player giving a discount.

Makes sense.

Using the logic of “he has plenty of money”, you might as well suggest he play for free “if he truly cared”.
Did you even read what I wrote and you replied to?

Here. I'll repeat it again so you can understand I'm not only addressing Dak (who I'm one of his biggest supporters around here):

"It doesn't end diddly. Dak could do it if he truly cared about getting surrounded by a better team. They (top paid team players) all could. They know there is a salary cap in effect."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Newsflah! dan quinn is no longer here..

oh wait, a real cowboys story Zimmer just made 3 new hires today, yup we should talk about the deadskins, our rival and ex-coach who was the reason we lost all 5 games plkus the playoff blowout, way to hold GB to 7 tds..yipee kayay !!

good riddance DQ
I agree 100%!

blueblood70

Reaction score
One thing caught sleeping, was Quinn's defense against the 49'ers, Bills, and Packers.
Yaess! :muttley: :popcorn: :lmao:cards as well also last drive in Miami and couldn't stop Lions but luckily the refs helped us out after a bad call and made it right.. these teams walked down the field as if they playing a practice squad.

remember the 2 blown leads in GB and Jacksonville, Huge 4th qtr leads last year, his blown game against us in the watermelon kick game and yup he blew that lead in the SB.. He truly Blows..

blueblood70

Reaction score
One thing caught sleeping, was Quinn's defense against the 49'ers, Bills, and Packers.
i don't see how it's a genius move....its a position coach, yawn somehow the 9ers let him walk, why they KNOW its cmac, the OL and the schemes with deebo creating the success. Not as simple as run game OL coach...smh.. we need to fix our scheme, add talent and execute better.

i do not want to hear about Washington until we see the schedule comes out and when we play them and rosters are set.. My guess the league will ride this hype train and we pay Washington game 1 typically its a east team, why not?? bring it on captain dan!

chat talking time than but no way I'm worrying about DQ and his new squad..

Kwyn

Reaction score
Did you even read what I wrote and you replied to?

Here. I'll repeat it again so you can understand I'm not only addressing Dak (who I'm one of his biggest supporters around here):

"It doesn't end diddly. Dak could do it if he truly cared about getting surrounded by a better team. They (top paid team players) all could. They know there is a salary cap in effect."
Umm, you said it again but it still seems to imply that players should give up some of their pay so other players can make more.

I take less so the team can pay another dude more.

Thats a fantasy.

There’s like 1700 players in the NFL.

Exactly one, Aaron Rodgers, took significantly less money so the team could bring in other players. In his case, it was players he personally selected and demanded they sign.

But you want Dak to be the second guy to do it because there’s a star on his helmet? Cause of Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and Bob Lilly and Rodger Staubach?

Oh, not just Dak, but all the other top players should get together and collectively toss some money in the hat to pay some free agents?

It’s just not reality.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Umm, you said it again but it still seems to imply that players should give up some of their pay so other players can make more.

I take less so the team can pay another dude more.

Thats a fantasy.

There’s like 1700 players in the NFL.

Exactly one, Aaron Rodgers, took significantly less money so the team could bring in other players. In his case, it was players he personally selected and demanded they sign.

But you want Dak to be the second guy to do it because there’s a star on his helmet? Cause of Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and Bob Lilly and Rodger Staubach?

Oh, not just Dak, but all the other top players should get together and collectively toss some money in the hat to pay some free agents?

It’s just not reality.
Ok, then don't complain while this team can't afford to build a very solid and better playoff team.