Dan Quinn Catches Cowboys Sleeping With Genius Addition to Commanders Staff

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ok, then don't complain while this team can't afford to build a very solid and better playoff team.
I won’t because I understand how it works.

It’s futile to dream of a vision that exists only in our hearts or heads (or in the Fan Zone echo chamber).

Let’s live in reality, right?

Staubacher

Reaction score
11th rushing in 2022 after CMAC got traded halfway through the 49ers season is not bad. Plus, Anthony Lynn's first 4 years with 2 different teams as running game coordinator were very good as well (5th, 1st, 9th, 5th). Funny how you ignored that. Then again, it's not funny since that is what you do.

I didn't ignore it, it's just not relevant what he did that long ago. It's more relevant what he did the last few years.

Oh, and you'll be more than ready to dump on Lynn as soon as you need to scapegoat the run game next year when Dak sharts himself again. It's what you do.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Dan Quinn catches Cowboys sleeping with genius addition to Commanders staff​

By Jerry Trotta | Feb 14, 2024​

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams

San Francisco 49ers v Los Angeles Rams / Harry How/GettyImages

We're all aware how much the Cowboys run game struggled in 2023. Lynn would have been worth a long look to work out the kinks. Improved offensive line play and a more balanced group of RBs (and having a healthy starter for a full season) would help the cause but at some point it comes down to scheme and play design.

Lynn would have moved mountains in that regard. A McKinney, Texas native, we can't help but wonder if Lynn relished the thought of returning home to coach the Cowboys. Alas, Dallas will face him twice a year in Washington next season.

Credit to Dan Quinn. He caught the Cowboys snoozing.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...to-commanders-staff-anthony-lynn-01hpm80sv2q6

I read this as "Dan Quinn sleeping with member of Cowboys staff" and thought I was in for an insane story.

HanD

Reaction score
Credit Jerry for the toxic atmosphere around the Cowboys.
He has given us no solid reasons to be optimistic in years.
He has sold us smoke and mirrors for years.
He has broken trust with the fans and created a ton of ill will.
i don't disagree. but.....there is also a lot of knee jerk reaction and nonsense hysteria on this board.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't ignore it, it's just not relevant what he did that long ago. It's more relevant what he did the last few years.

Oh, and you'll be more than ready to dump on Lynn as soon as you need to scapegoat the run game next year when Dak sharts himself again. It's what you do.
Dak had the best QB stats this season and came in 2nd place for MVP. You're the one who doesn't appreciate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Noooo. You know better!

If he extends, he *will* be under 40m.

The 60m people keep propping up as evidence of Dak destroying the team, is due to the fact that his contract pushed a bunch of money from years 1-3 into the end of the deal.

Guess what?

The next deal will be the same.

Check out other QBs deals at the end of their deal.

Burrows last year is 68m, but the Bengals will not pay it unless they are planning on cutting him, similar to the Cowboys choice coming up in a few months.

The only way the Boys pay 60 is if they are essentially paying all that cash they pushed down the road and then continuing to push them it more

All teams do this. Not just the Cowboys

If he extends and comes in at 35m, will people in The Zone praise him?

No way, they’ll point at the back end of his deal when the bill comes due and cry “he’s still getting all his money”

Well, so do they all.
No. Dak and his agent are going to demand $60 mil / year pay for a new contract. That's apart from the $59+ mil Dak is owed for this year of his final year of his current big contract. Just wait and see.

Kwyn

Reaction score
No. Dak and his agent are going to demand $60 mil / year pay for a new contract. That's apart from the $59+ mil Dak is owed for this year of his final year of his current big contract. Just wait and see.
Nah. Wait and see. No team has a QB on a new contract that starts that high. Just not the way it works

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that is just a ridiculous take
Fact- The run game was terrible last year.
Fact- Mike McCarthy forced Kellen out to takeover play calling.
Fact- They have not addressed the lack of quality coaching on the offensive side of the ball so far. Mainly run game coordinator or OL coach.

But you hang on to your opinion.

HanD

Reaction score
Nah. Wait and see. No team has a QB on a new contract that starts that high. Just not the way it works
If they didn't restructure him last time he wouldn't be 60m this year b that was a fo mistake.

Sounds like you guys are talking about two separate things, aav and cap hit. I don't think most want to pay him 60m aav regardless of how the cap hits the first year because of how he played against gb. They want to see him give some back because he can't carry the team himself.

At least that's where I am. But then again it has to depend how it's structured. There needs to be an out. He can't have it all this time like the last negotiation when he got no trade clause and a short deal. This time he's gonna want a long term deal and lots of guaranteed money.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Fact- The run game was terrible last year.
Fact- Mike McCarthy forced Kellen out to takeover play calling.
Fact- They have not addressed the lack of quality coaching on the offensive side of the ball so far. Mainly run game coordinator or OL coach.

But you hang on to your opinion.
Definitely was wanting a new Oline coach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Genius? Come now. Thats way too strong a word. Hes a good coach but dang. I will put this coaching staff up against that one and take my chances. The genius add was them getting Ken Norton Jr. We can talk about that one. We missed the boat on that one. Scott McCurley stinks and is in over his head. This would have been a big upgrade if we got him. But I bet we didn't even call. But lets back off on the Anthony Lynn thing. Many coaches are just like him.