Dan Quinn heavy favorite to become Broncos next Head Coach

kskboys

Reaction score
- The problem is not Russell's height..... he has way longed proved critics vastly wrong on that note.
One of the biggest problem is at times, was Wilson will just hold onto to the ball that leads to unneccesary sacks than it turns out to be.

- Wilson very much vastly complained about the OL blocking in Seattle that led the charge to him wanting out after his Seahawks career legacy that included two SB trips and one SB win.
But ironically he has the same OL issues in Denver.

- The current Seattle team only did minimal tweak changes at OL., there are still no corner stone studs on that OL.
But yet note how journeyman newcomer Geno Smith is productively operating behind that OL that Wilson was criticizing.
Geno's game stepped up significantly... while Russell's game significantly dropped so badly.

- Russell's height has nuthin to do with the constant bad decisions and unusual off-accuracy he is making during his Bronco year.
To make matters worse, Broncos abandon the run and made the run game a no show many a times too often, one RB got IRe'd, the other fumbled his way outta Denver.
Dude.........height is the reason. Wilson has always had to take massive 7-10 step dropbacks just so he could see. Quick passing is mostly out of the question. Due to height limitations.

Wilson has to play around his height limitations, and his OC must be aware of it. In DEN, they appear to draw up the game plans as if he's 6-4. And that is why he has been beyond horrific in DEN.

What do you mean by he's proven his critics wrong? He has to play a certain way due to height limitations, so exactly what has he proven? He's proven that in the right scheme he can still produce despite these height limitations.

Reaction score
The new ownership is willing to pay big to go big.

That's not Dan Quinn.

They need someone to fix Russell Wilson

That's not Dan Quinn

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Simple physics. Dude can't see from the pocket.

Not just line of sight but also his release point being a foot lower as well. The physics speak for themselves. Why people want to deny it is a mystery. Russ can play.. but most QBs struggle when they change offensive schemes. I don't know how different Hackett's system is from the Darrel Bevel system but I would assume there are differences. I fully expect Wilson to get back closer to his pre-injury from from last year if they are able to adapt the offense to his skillset. He can throw the ball and unless his body is breaking down he can move well enough to create throwing lanes. But he needs to see the defense well enough and have his receivers see the same thing well enough in order to be effective. Pretty much like every other QB in the league.

quickccc

Reaction score
Well, it appears you're having trouble w/ your thought processes.

The laughing dog thing makes you look like Pappy's brother.
LOL ... just babblin ' and bumpin' your gums, ..move it on. .. :rolleyes:

quickccc

Reaction score
Not just line of sight but also his release point being a foot lower as well. The physics speak for themselves. Why people want to deny it is a mystery. Russ can play.. but most QBs struggle when they change offensive schemes. I don't know how different Hackett's system is from the Darrel Bevel system but I would assume there are differences. I fully expect Wilson to get back closer to his pre-injury from from last year if they are able to adapt the offense to his skillset. He can throw the ball and unless his body is breaking down he can move well enough to create throwing lanes. But he needs to see the defense well enough and have his receivers see the same thing well enough in order to be effective. Pretty much like every other QB in the league.
The dude has been All Pro, ..9 time Pro Bowler.. NFL Ratings Leader .. ..
From a guy that frequently displayed such remarkable pin-point accuracy passes that fit thru the eye of an needle.

But not it's surprising, Russell has always had his past critics doubting him from the start. .
-.first the questionable height talk, .
- .then the mumbles that he is only a " Bus Driver" ball control QB.
- He can/won't ever be a elite, big play QB. ..etc. etc.

- It was because of Russell disproving critics wrong with this height issues, that helped boosted Kyler Murray to become the No.1 overall pick after just one single stellar college season.

What i don't want happening is him getting so physically pounded and beaten up that he flat out never recovers.. that includes physical, mental and emotional sense. .
I've seen guys like Andrew Luck and Carson Wentz, just drilled and beaten that never recover from where they started out , and they are flat finished in the NFL.

StarLord

Reaction score
So Denver just invested the near future on Russell Wilson, who did not play well. Shouldn't they be hiring an offensively minded HC that says I have the secret QB sauce?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Take Joseph with you please. Also, Denver has to be the least attractive available job. I would even go to the Browns at this point before the Broncos.

nobody

Reaction score
Somehow I doubt DQ is all that seriously interested in Denver given their problems.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this has been my pick all along because of all the above reasons plus hes got a relationship with Wilson.
So goodbye Dan.
Unless of course hes offered something here on Tuesday or Wed.:flagwave:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/14/t...erge-for-broncos-head-coaching-gig-per-report

Three Main Candidates Emerge for Broncos’ Head Coaching Gig, per Report​

Former Saints coach Sean Payton, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh and Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn have emerged as the main coaching candidates the Broncos are considering, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Each candidate is coming from a completely different background and circumstance—making it an interesting candidate pool to say the least.

Payton retired from coaching after the 2021 season but is still under contract with the Saints. If he were to want to coach for another squad, the Saints would be looking for a first-round draft pick in return, per NFL Network. The Broncos, Texans and the Cardinals were all granted permission by the Saints to interview Payton, per an earlier report from Rapoport.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Just seems a strange fit for a couple of reasons.

1. Why hire a D coach when the D was okay and clearly Wilson needs "fixed" for that team to do anything in the near future.
2. Why would Quinn go to Denver and go up against a Chiefs team and a Chargers team with a potentially, soon-to-be good HC and/or better luck with injuries - he'd be playing for 3rd in the AFCW for a while.