Dan Quinn heavy favorite to become Broncos next Head Coach

quickccc

Reaction score
Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan.

Denver doesn't have any draft picks left to get Payton.

Dan Quinn come on down!
Harbaugh's program is rumored to be currently facing possible NCAA violations investigations.

Would he endure being sanctioned and limited by those penalties ?

Among all of the recent and past college HC to NFL head coach failures, not including Jimmie Johnson or Pete Carroll,...
Harbaugh has had success during his last NFL stint with the Niners, including a SB appearance that came down to the final play.

But personality wise, Harbaugh can be a piece of work to have to deal with, and he's a control freak that goes past the coaching ranks.
and ends up bumping heads in the entire organizations.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Paying Russel Wilson boat loads of cash and hiring a defensive coach Instead of an offensive one would be shocking .

Sheepherder

Reaction score
All they need to fix Wilson is to quit calling plays like he's 6'4" . The guy is 5'10" and needs to be put on the move to be effective. He simply cannot stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. This aint rocket surgery.
I could say the same thing about Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
why would Dallas want Kilff Kingsbury? He has never done anything college or pros
He is a good offensive coach. He had the Cards on the right track until they gave Murray that all time bad contract. He is only 43 so I think his biggest issue is that he needed more seasoning. Handed the TT job after Leach’s legendary run there. They always moved the ball. Like all Big 12 teams did squat on D. He is respected by players and the league. I think having him at OC for a couple years will be great. His career arc is similar to Lane Kiffin’s. It took time but Kiffin matured into a good HC. He will be a huge upgrade over Moore who unfortunately seems to have learned too much under Garrett.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He is a good offensive coach. He had the Cards on the right track until they gave Murray that all time bad contract. He is only 43 so I think his biggest issue is that he needed more seasoning. Handed the TT job after Leach’s legendary run there. They always moved the ball. Like all Big 12 teams did squat on D. He is respected by players and the league. I think having him at OC for a couple years will be great. His career arc is similar to Lane Kiffin’s. It took time by Kiffin matured into a good HC. He will be a huge upgrade over Moore who unfortunately seems to have learned too much under Garrett.

He has never won at any level. 1 WC appearance, was 35 and 40 at Texas Tech and 28 and 37 and 1 with Cards. You are entitled to your own views but it was a shock when he was named HC of the Cards since he did not do much on the college level.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has never won at any level. 1 WC appearance, was 35 and 40 at Texas Tech and 28 and 37 and 1 with Cards. You are entitled to your own views but it was a shock when he was named HC of the Cards since he did not do much on the college level.
He was hired for Murray specifically.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The guy is 43. Extremely young in his coaching career. By your standard Belichick should have been cast off after his Cleveland run.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The guy is 43. Extremely young in his coaching career. By your standard Belichick should have been cast off after his Cleveland run.
Belichick at least had success as a DC of NY. I'm sorry not impressed by him at all. You want him great but in my view the guy has done nothing to cheer about. His college resume at Houston and Texa A&M then Texas Tech. I don't see the success and certainly not with the Cards

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
dude had us playing unreal defense enough to win with a backup QB, two years in a row being a sack and turnover machine, and is dealing with 2 starting CBs out, our best (lol) LB out, and the only decent DT we have out and still being competitive.

Yall really want to go back to the Rob Ryan or Kiffen days, or more recently Nolan?
Does it really matter? In the end as of today-all these guys have FAILED! Dan Quinns defense looks like crap now. 1 sack in the last 4 or 5 games? Really??? Can't dial up blitzes in key moments when needed. I'll take my chances with other coaches versus what we got.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If hes stays great, if he goes, also great but dont care really.. to me the players are key. we have some key young stars on defense and can add more, get DC that can use them correctly and im on board,

wonder now if MP stating hed follow DQ anywhere says NOW lol

now KM i hope he jets fast.. Dak and this offense needs fresh voice and fresh look..

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Does it really matter? In the end as of today-all these guys have FAILED! Dan Quinns defense looks like crap now. 1 sack in the last 4 or 5 games? Really??? Can't dial up blitzes in key moments when needed. I'll take my chances with other coaches versus what we got.
Its almost like injuries have affected us or something, crazy right?

Or are you saying our backup Cooper Rush is as good as Prescott if given the right coach, or did injuries not matter our offense tanked during that time?

kskboys

Reaction score
Quinn needs to mosey away from this Cowboy dumpster fire while the gettin' is good. He's too good for the Jones Boys.
Sure, but that dumpster fire is a much bigger dumpster in DEN!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
- The problem is not Russell's height..... he has way longed proved critics vastly wrong on that note.
One of the biggest problem is at times, was Wilson will just hold onto to the ball that leads to unneccesary sacks than it turns out to be.

- Wilson very much vastly complained about the OL blocking in Seattle that led the charge to him wanting out after his Seahawks career legacy that included two SB trips and one SB win.
But ironically he has the same OL issues in Denver.

- The current Seattle team only did minimal tweak changes at OL., there are still no corner stone studs on that OL.
But yet note how journeyman newcomer Geno Smith is productively operating behind that OL that Wilson was criticizing.
Geno's game stepped up significantly... while Russell's game significantly dropped so badly.

- Russell's height has nuthin to do with the constant bad decisions and unusual off-accuracy he is making during his Bronco year.
To make matters worse, Broncos abandon the run and made the run game a no show many a times too often, one RB got IRe'd, the other fumbled his way outta Denver.
No, it's his height.

Havic

Reaction score
Kingsbury would be a better fit for Denver. They need massive help with the offense.

kskboys

Reaction score
All they need to fix Wilson is to quit calling plays like he's 6'4" . The guy is 5'10" and needs to be put on the move to be effective. He simply cannot stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. This aint rocket surgery.
Simple physics. Dude can't see from the pocket.