Dan Quinn heavy favorite to become Broncos next Head Coach

plymkr

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but if Quinn leaves I would like Lovie Smith as a DC. His Bears' defense took them to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. Parsons could be his Urlacher and maybe that might extend Parsons career. Lovie also valued the DT position. Any JMO.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Quinn indicated he is "flattered" that the Broncos may have a strong interest in him as a head coach candidate. Stating he is "flattered" is akin to the hot looking woman that says the same to a would be suitor to ensure a gentle kick in the nuts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Denver needs a placeholder HC. They have no leverage at all. DQ is walking into a terrible sitch if he takes this gig.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but if Quinn leaves I would like Lovie Smith as a DC. His Bears' defense took them to the super bowl with Rex Grossman. Parsons could be his Urlacher and maybe that might extend Parsons career. Lovie also valued the DT position. Any JMO.
I am intrigued with the idea.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not saying the title is misleading but there's a huge difference between an established NFL beat reporter saying Quinn is the favorite and betting odds have him as the favorite.

LittleD

Reaction score
Quinn needs to mosey away from this Cowboy dumpster fire while the gettin' is good. He's too good for the Jones Boys.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t think Payton wants it. And I don’t think they go with Quinn either, as defense is the least of their worries after “Let’s Ride” was given a massive contract and they ran a new offensive scheme and the offense was complete trash.

They had a MUCH BETTER defensive coach in Fangino and fired him.
I recently read Jerry had also implied he’ll basically do whatever it takes to keep Quinn money-wise, which is what he did last year anyways. He’ll get paid like a HC with less responsibility.

Kellen MOORe probably has a better chance than DQ.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Quinn indicated he is "flattered" that the Broncos may have a strong interest in him as a head coach candidate. Stating he is "flattered" is akin to the hot looking woman that says the same to a would be suitor to ensure a gentle kick in the nuts.
Flattered is definitely friend zone. I've done some hard time in that place.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Last year I was praying Quinn stay. This season? I wouldn't mind if he gets a job.
dude had us playing unreal defense enough to win with a backup QB, two years in a row being a sack and turnover machine, and is dealing with 2 starting CBs out, our best (lol) LB out, and the only decent DT we have out and still being competitive.

Yall really want to go back to the Rob Ryan or Kiffen days, or more recently Nolan?

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Him or Fangio would be great replacement if Quinn departs

rambo2

Reaction score
If we lose on Monday night, Tuesday morning Quinn will be our HC. Jerry has seen the offense be inconsistent for 15 years but the last two years the defense has played as well as anyone in the league. If we as fans can see that then even our inept football guys can see it. If they don't then we got bigger problems than losing DQ.
They aren't going to lose.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Was just listening to Mike Fisher defend Jerry this morning. Made me a bit ill actually. I can't BELIEVE he is this bull headed. The topic was Stehen A Smith saying Jerry is lying and he will fire MM if we lose against the Bucs. Fisher had a fit. He said its just wrong. I think Stephen A is a clown but on this he is right. I guess Fisher is gonna go down with the Titanic captained by Jerry.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If he can resurrect Russel Wilson then it’s a good gig. If not… they have limited resources to work with. They do have one 1st round pick next year but it’s not going to be spent on a qb.

All they need to fix Wilson is to quit calling plays like he's 6'4" . The guy is 5'10" and needs to be put on the move to be effective. He simply cannot stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. This aint rocket surgery.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Exactly.

Harbaugh is wanting to be the highest paid head coach in the NFL and full control of roster............dont see that happening.

Word going around is that the Saints want a 1st round pick for Payton or a 2nd that could become a first.........Denver doesnt have any picks.

That leaves Quinn as the most obvious choice.
Unless Quinn doesnt want to coach the Broncos. Which. Lets be honest. No coach would really want that job right now.

quickccc

Reaction score
All they need to fix Wilson is to quit calling plays like he's 6'4" . The guy is 5'10" and needs to be put on the move to be effective. He simply cannot stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. This aint rocket surgery.
- The problem is not Russell's height..... he has way longed proved critics vastly wrong on that note.
One of the biggest problem is at times, was Wilson will just hold onto to the ball that leads to unneccesary sacks than it turns out to be.

- Wilson very much vastly complained about the OL blocking in Seattle that led the charge to him wanting out after his Seahawks career legacy that included two SB trips and one SB win.
But ironically he has the same OL issues in Denver.

- The current Seattle team only did minimal tweak changes at OL., there are still no corner stone studs on that OL.
But yet note how journeyman newcomer Geno Smith is productively operating behind that OL that Wilson was criticizing.
Geno's game stepped up significantly... while Russell's game significantly dropped so badly.

- Russell's height has nuthin to do with the constant bad decisions and unusual off-accuracy he is making during his Bronco year.
To make matters worse, Broncos abandon the run and made the run game a no show many a times too often, one RB got IRe'd, the other fumbled his way outta Denver.