News: Dan Quinn impressed by the Wolf Hunter

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect big thing from LVE this year. He is going to surprise us all and shut up his critics.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
:popcorn: Get your :popcorn:

This one will be a wild one as usual.

There is no reason to think LVE can't get back to his rookie form.
He had the neck issue. Then played and got the broken collarbone, then played with some nagging injuries probably the result of all players injuries. as in soft tissues type strains.
His Neck / nerve issue was repaired during or right after the 2019 season.
A broken collar bone does not make one injury prone IMO.

His neck has had close to 2 years now to fully heal. I will wait to see how he does this year.
Indeed, xtra butter please,, its a young defense to be excited about and why not with young high ceiling players like Diggs, Joseph, Parsons,, bling bling, etc..
I look at the potential that this defense has and the ceiling is high, got really young and fast quickly,, thats FO evaluation success from just a fans perspective.
Im pleased that we have finally moved in a different direction from players that just werent living up to the bill and replaced them all with some young guns with very
good athletic traits that Quinn can actually use to fulfill a scheme.
Coaches often get fired because they never even had the right pieces to build a defense to their scheme, I believe Quinn has that with this roster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only reason to hate have to deal with injuries but somehow people have argued that he isn’t even a good football player.

I actually have to argue with people about his coverage ability which I can’t believe.
In his career he has one good year. The rest have been either injured or inconsistent. His coverage ability isn't anything to write home about but for arguments sake let's say it is....coverage ability isn't all it takes to be a linebacker. Are you ignoring all his flaws because of his "coverage ability"?

Creeper

Reaction score
The LVE hate is unreal on this forum.

When that hate backfires on most of you for the 2nd time in his career after you wrote him off on draft day remember that I was never a doubter.

We don't "hate" LVE. We are concerned about his history of injuries. If people hated him they would care about him missing games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Me hating on Dak would be the equivalent of you guys hating LVE but him also making 22 million a year which then I would also jump in on the hate train just like you should be doing with Dak at 40.
Not at all. I have nothing against LVE. I'm rooting for him to succeed. I'm the poster that's been defending him and Jaylon foolishly all year that they will do better this year than last year due to coaching alone.

I can't knock Dak when I saw him being held back by Jason Garrett most of his career just like I can't knock Jaylon/LVE for being held back by poor coaching.

I'm putting a lot on Quinn but I do believe he can get the most out of them.

My only point was....LVE has done nothing yet you don't understand why he's getting hated on....uhh..maybe because he's been injured most of his career?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We don't "hate" LVE. We are concerned about his history of injuries. If people hated him they would care about him missing games.
Yeah he created some "hate" narrative. I think most of us are probably done with him after this year if he gets hurt again and can't play but I think like you said its mostly concerned with him having neck injuries than it is actual hate...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

When that hate backfires on most of you for the 2nd time in his career after you wrote him off on draft day remember that I was never a doubter.

Outside of his rookie year, what has he done? Other than being hurt.
It is a contract year, so I expect him to give it his all. That includes building his upper body up so he doesn't break a collarbone on a simple tackle.
He was horrible when he came back from injury last year. He had trouble with his assignments and was playing soft and couldn't get off blocks. His blitzing is not good. He lacks speed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah he created some "hate" narrative. I think most of us are probably done with him after this year if he gets hurt again and can't play but I think like you said its mostly concerned with him having neck injuries than it is actual hate...
Two very different neck injuries, collarbones heal, Im more concerned about the first injury.
Not dismissing the injury history concern considering the time frame, just saying that Im willing to write it off as bad luck and welcome to the league LVE.
Hope this man had a great off season and looking forward to seeing how this LB core looks with pads on, has the potential to be a huge improvement.

CWR

Reaction score
You don't understand where the "hate" come from? The same guy who "hates" On Dak?

You don't understand that not only has LVE had a career of underachieving but he's unhealthy...why on earth would anyone hype him up right now?

I haven't lost hope for LVE, but I'm in agreement with not signing the 5th year option.

I'm also in total agreement with you that it's ironic someone can hate on Dak so much and not understand the hate on LVE.

Jipper

Reaction score
I do not think anyone said it was a degenerative neck issue. Except for the fans saying it in their usual crap on everything way.
According to this he is fully recovered.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...jury-excited-to-return-and-feeling-wonderful/

hes had neck issues since his days at Boise and has to wear a restrictor collar to keep his neck motion stable due to the degenerative condition. The stinger in 2019 exacerbated the situation and while he may be fully recovered now (or say he is), the fact that he has had similar issues on the same part of his body during both his college and nfl play still gives concern to long term durability

Again, i really do like the guy but i just don't have any confidence in his long term health and availability based on prior issues. I hope for the best but i do not think it would be smart for Dallas to give him a contract with guarantees that could hurt them should his career come to an early conclusion

fivetwos

Reaction score
LVE is a more than capable NFL LB.

Two questions.....

Will he play tentatively due to not wanting to get hurt?

Even if he doesn't, can he stay on the damn field?

Sort of a third is if he plays well in 2021 do you trust him enough to sign him to a second deal?

Guess it all comes down to what other teams may offer, but lets not go assuming Cox or similar can definitely pick up the slack if they let him go.

There's always the tag option to make him prove he can play two straight injury free seasons before committing long term.

Lotsa ball to be played between now and then, and the team has many question marks and cap flexibility moving ahead.

I still say if Gallup plays so well that he can't be retained, they will overpay for LVE since CWill, Armstrong and Schultz are pretty much as good as gone from that class.

John813

Reaction score
Well, that's good news I guess.

Hopefully he still feels the same way when the pads come on

(Not saying that in a snide way)

visionary

Reaction score

there is no “LVE hate “

the guy is talented but has serious neck issues at a position that requires constant collisions

why anyone would advocate giving him a top LB contract even if he stays healthy and performs well is beyond me

haven’t we learned anything from previous bad contracts given after suddenly good play in contract years?

we better move on after the year no matter how well he plays

ESisback

Reaction score
great player, smart player, good guy.

Unfortunately, degenerative neck issues do not get better with age and time they only get worse....hey may play well but his career is going to be short and erratic...hes one bad hit away from a career ending injury...

wish him the best but can't give him a big guaranteed long term contract....just too much risk
The Cowboys obviously see his talent, but are leery about investing too much, and plan on utilizing him as much as they can until the inevitable injury in week 5 or 7 or 10…

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did y’all read the rest of the article?

“When asked to comment on the other veteran starter, Jaylon Smith, Quinn said ‘Uhhh, I gotta go comb my hair.’”